Overall Satisfaction with ArcGIS
I use ArcGIS for asset management of municipal infrastructure and updating their and our databases. I also use it for catchment delineation and analysis. Drawing up localities and flood line drawings. We use ArcGIS for identifying areas and infrastructure present in an area in a preliminary way prior to starting a project so we can determine how much information we have and what may be outstanding and the extent of the projects.
- Creation of shapefiles that store specific attributes relating to those features
- Locality maps and drawings
- Conversion of certain file types
- It has allowed the company to maintain and keep certain huge projects up and running for the past 15 years
- There have been no negative impacts
- It saves time with the ease of creating maps and drawings
I haven't used any other software similar to GIS.
Do you think ArcGIS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ArcGIS's feature set?
Did ArcGIS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ArcGIS go as expected?
Would you buy ArcGIS again?
It is extremely useful for the creation of databases of information and storing specific attributes to those particular features. It is not that useful for actual analysis and design projects.