March 29, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ascentis
First: our industry is actually Agriculture, we are a Cooperative. We are not farming, however, that's the closest option available. We are currently using Ascentis for payroll, timekeeping, HRIS, recruitment (New), and compensation (New). The timekeeping system is the most frequently used system throughout the cooperative. Every employee has a username and password to access Ascentis Self-Service and NovaTime. NovaTime eliminates the need for paper timecards and reduces the manual entries by managers.
- Our account representatives that are assisting us in implementing recruiting and compensation have been doing a great job at keeping in touch and following up with us.
- I've received great support from Christian at Ascentis HR when asking for new ideas or other things that we can be doing to make Ascentis self-service more attractive to our users. (Widgets in particular)
- I've not had troubles with Ascentis Payroll or HR and am satisfied with the consistent availability of those two programs and appreciate that updates and streamlining are of importance to Ascentis.
- NovaTime is the biggest hiccup that we've consistently encountered with Ascentis. We've encountered some of the same issues time and time again throughout our cooperative and I've opened numerous tickets and I've yet to feel like those issues have been resolved. Generally, the program will work, however, when it doesn't it creates frustration with the employee group.
- I've noticed that when NovaTime has gone down an email has now been sent out notifying the administrators. This is a positive step!
- I'm wondering if HR and payroll, can, at some point, be one of the same program. I know that with the most recent web updates it sounds like it's moving to one complete system so you don't have to go to two different spots to seek information. If that information was in one spot that would be helpful.
I've received great support from Payroll, HR, Recruiting, and Compensation.
NovaTime support is not as reliable and needs to improve.
I feel Payroll is well suited and I also like Ascentis Self-Service (the dashboard). I'd like to see more widget functionality since we use that the most to communicate with all of our employees! I think NovaTime is fine to use and I feel I'd have rave reviews for it IF we could rely on the functionality of it and receive the utmost service level when calling into support. It's possible that there has been miscommunication when working with NovaTime support staff but on more than one occasion I've called in requesting a problem be resolved and I've been told it's resolved only to find out when running the next payroll that it isn't fixed. It's difficult for me to understand the full functions and rules within NovaTime because I don't see them, so the support staff needs to keep that in mind when communicating with customers. I've been satisfied with how the recruiting module and compensation module is, so far. (It's in the beginning stages for us).