From Life Support to Wellness: A transformation of our HCM heatlhhttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementCeridian DayforceUnspecified8.18801012018-10-25T21:10:22.148Z
Updated July 30, 2019
From Life Support to Wellness: A transformation of our HCM heatlh
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
Dayforce is being used primarily as an HR and Payroll system across our organization. All employees use Dayforce to some extent. All new hires use Dayforce to enter information for Payroll purposes. The majority of employees also use it for Benefits selection, Timekeeping, and reporting life events. Managers use Dayforce to track time, leave, and performance. Department Administrators use Dayforce for reporting, budgeting, hiring/terminations, pay changes, and other employee related tasks. Administration uses Dayforce for some HR functions, all timekeeping, payroll, and benefits.
Dayforce addresses the timekeeping problems we had as well as helps us to comply with appropriate Payroll directives and accurately pay our people. We are expanding into the HR realm with Benefits, Recruiting, and Performance Management. It is helping us address processes that have been very different across our departments in regards to the employee life span - from hiring to terminations. It is helping us streamline and pull our processes together in a comprehensive way.
- One single platform was a game changer for us. The continuous calculation of pay changed the way our payroll and benefits office does business. The time it has saved in calculating and auditing changes is great.
- Dayforce looks at the entire employee experience from both an employee and employer's perspective and meets both expectations. Employees are getting what they need and stayed engaged through Dayforce. Managers, administrators, and executives can get the level of detail they want/need to help them make informed decisions
- Scalability. As our organization has grown from 800 employees when we first implemented Dayforce to over 1350 employees now, Dayforce has grown with us. And not only in the number of employees, but growth of our organizational structure. We've added locations, cost centers, and processes. Dayforce has kept up and allowed to to make these changes with relative ease.
- The HTML roll out to replace Silverlight has been somewhat difficult for us. In a few areas, namely MyPay/Payroll and MyHR/People, we have had a more difficult time adapting and finding the same functionality we had before. More of a learning curve, but still "uncomfortable" nonetheless.
- We have definitely reduced the amount of paper generated, especially with the implementation of Benefits module within Dayforce.
- Timekeeping is more manageable and accurate. Our homegrown, internal system couldn't keep up with our growth and technology. Having a web-based solution has been key.
- No, we have not been able to quantify the impact, but our staff is more engaged, able to process more. We have relieved some of the stress of an ever-growing workforce and empower our managers and department administrators to do their jobs better with more access to information.
Dayforce has helped us comply with locality taxation in a very compliant way. We know that calculations are going to be accurate and timely. It also allows us to configure our organization's policies and processes into HR functions and manage them with equity across all departments.
Using the single application of the Dayforce platform has allowed us to make budgeting decisions on every level. From the overarching organizational viewpoint to the department and cost center level, data is there to use within Dayforce
Before Dayforce, we used an in-house designed time system and a stand-alone software, Macola, for our Accounting and Payroll solution. We still use Macola for Accounting, but import our Payroll data from Dayforce to Macola to record all transactions in our General Ledger. Dayforce's WFM product has helped us tremendously in the gathering of time data. And because it is in a single application, we can calculate payroll at any point without importing time records. Game changer for us!
Dayforce is well suited to an employee-centric organization. One where the workforce is mobile, spread out, or at least on the go. Coming from a service organization perspective, 90% of your expenses are labor costs. Dayforce is a great service in these scenarios. On the other hand, if an company is small with a minimum number of employees, Ceridian may not be the best option.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
1400 - Employees use Dayforce for their to see and manage their own information. Managers/supervisors and departmental assistants use Dayforce to manage all aspects of employees' time. Department Administrators manage their departmental employees' pay information, time approvals, onboarding, as well as recruiting new employees. Corporate Management Team approves pay changes, new hires, and termination through Dayforce. The HR, Payroll, & Benefits team uses Dayforce to process payroll, all benefit elections, performance reviews, onboarding new hires, and recruiting,
3 - We do not have one person dedicated to the ongoing maintenance of Dayforce. Our Payroll, Benefits, and HR team configures any changes after implementation of a module has taken place. It is only a piece of what their jobs entail. They include our Payroll & Benefits Accountant who keeps the organizational structure up to date, inputs position changes, tests, and supports the overall function of Dayforce. Our Benefits Clerk maintains the Open Enrollments as well as all other types of Benefit enrollments. Our HR Coordinator maintains the Recruiting and Performance modules.
- Feeds to another system that monitors employee usage of our health information system
- We hope to use it as a repository for all employee related documentation. Even the documentation that is not normally in and employee file
- Implement the Compensation module for helping us with budgeting employee costs
We are highly invested in Ceridian's Dayforce product. It give us the flexibility and scaling that our growing company needs. Its potential reaches beyond the basic HR functions to the decision making that our Management Team needs. Ceridian is always innovating the employee and employee experiences to offer cutting edge options.