Overall Satisfaction with ControlUp
We use ControlUp to monitor and manage our Citrix CVAD environment. We use ControlUp insights to provide reports to management and to troubleshoot issues that have occurred in the past. We use the real time console to troubleshoot real time issues. We also use the triggers and script actions to alert us to issues and to automatically resolve issues.
- The triggers are very flexible and can be configured to alert on things from events in sessions to hardware failures. Script actions are what they sound like. They are scripts that can be created and run on demand or tied to a trigger. One example is that if a hard drive is low on space we have a script to clean up certain things on the drive.
- Script actions are supported by the ControlUp community. Community members can submit scripts that are reviewed by ControlUp and approved. This means more script are added over time.
- ControlUp support and sales support has been great. Our sales engineer is always willing to jump on and help us with configuration issues and standard support is quick to respond and are good at resolving issues.
- ControlUp has a quick and easy way to submit feature request but I with they had a public list of things being proposed that the community could vote on to show what is important to those of us that use the product.
- The console is very memory intensive. They are working on a web version but I am not sure how long it will be before they get all the same features in the new web console.
- Real time monitoring that can help you quickly find what might be causing an issue.
- Triggers for alerting.
- Script Actions
- The ControlUp console has ways to quickly identify issues. Other tools I have reviewed did a great job of collecting data but it did not present it in a way that made it easy to find an issue.
- We had very little ability to provide management kinds of reports before we started using ContolUp. Now we can quickly tell management things like how many people are connected. How many different devices have connected to our environment. Hardware use and performance.
I feel all these products are good and have their strengths but for me it came down to two categories. How easy is it to find issues and cost. It seemed to me that the easiest to use is ControlUp and eG. Price broke down to ControlUp and SysTrack being lower than Goliath and eG.
Do you think ControlUp delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ControlUp's feature set?
Did ControlUp live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ControlUp go as expected?
Would you buy ControlUp again?
ControlUp is great on seeing what an end user is doing in a Citrix session and can help figure out why a user might be having an issue. The console also offers a bunch of tools on the right click menu. Things from making registry changes on a remote machine to network tools like ping, nslookup and other troubleshooting tools.