Overall Satisfaction with Dataiku DSS
I work for a client who's implementing all their data science solutions on Dataiku DSS. I have been working on implementing these solutions for my client for over a year now. Currently, it is channeled through the IT department and we have expanded across multiple departments ranging from finance to sales. We have implemented multiple time series forecasting projects, NLP, business optimization as well as customized analytics data flow for the finance department.
- The intuitiveness of this tool is very good.
- Click or Code - If you are a coder, you can code. If you are a manager, you can wrangle with data with visuals
- The way you can control things, the set of APIs gives a lot of flexibility to a developer.
- The integrated windows of frontend and backend in web applications make it cumbersome for the developer.
- When dealing with multiple data flows, it becomes really confusing, though they have introduced a feature (Zones) to cater to this issue.
- Bundling, exporting, and importing projects sometimes create issues related to code environment. If the code environment is not available, at least the schema of the flow we should be able to import should be.
- So far it has had a positive impact. Multiple departments are coming to us with their business problems.
- I can't specifically say about ROI as I'm a developer, though I have heard this solution is economical compared to other AI/ML enterprise tools.
- By using this tool, my client has let go of software that was used earlier, and we have created a simpler framework to replace that software.
The amazing part of Dataiku DSS is their customer service. Based on urgency and technical level, you get a reply from the Dataiku engineer when you raise a query. So far, my queries have been pretty complex to solve, so I have received solutions even from the CTO of the company as well, which is why I would describe their customer support as very good.
As I have described earlier, the intuitiveness of this tool makes it great as well as the variety of users that can use this tool. Also, the plugins available in their repository provide solutions to various data science problems.
Do you think Dataiku DSS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Dataiku DSS's feature set?
Did Dataiku DSS live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Dataiku DSS go as expected?
Would you buy Dataiku DSS again?
I would recommend it because it's an amazing tool for different levels of users. From Business Analysts to Data Scientists to Managers, various employees can make use of this tool to make data-driven decisions. I'm not sure about where it would be less appropriate as I'm using it as Data Scientist and so far it pretty much caters to my need.