Overall Satisfaction with Dayforce HCM
We use Dayforce HCM for Payroll, Recruiting, HR, and Time and Attendance.
- Once an employee is hired, the information is immediately available in all applications. No waiting, no imports or exports. The system is in real time which is an added bonus. Entitlement time, updates as it is entered into the timesheet, or via a quick entry on the payroll side. This allows us, and our employees to see accurate up to date balance information.
- The ability to go into a future pay cycle to enter data saves us from trying to get things done at the last minute. Ceridian provides a test data base that has current information available. This is very useful when setting up a new policy, or an earnings/deduction code because you can preview a payroll to see exactly how your information will calculate and display before putting the new process into the production environment.
- Cuts payroll processing by 40% because of less data entry. This allows us extra time to audit the payroll, which cuts down on errors.
- The ability to run wage and tax register and W2 previews at any time allows us to fix any applicable errors before quarter/year end close, which in turn saves us from year end headaches.
- The report writing tool is a bit difficult to use. It is hard to determine which topic will give you the information you need to report on.
- An employee cannot reset their own password, which causes frustration on both ends.
- We have been able to streamline our payroll processes saving us time and money.
- Have more time to audit which insures more accurate payrolls.
This function is great. It has allowed me to preview future pay increases ahead of time which alleviates errors.
The scheduling module gives us assurance that all shifts are covered. Overtime rules built in the system assures that we are ACA compliant. As the rules change, updating in the Ceridian test database gives us the confidence the changes we are making will work before we put the rule onto production.
- ADP eTime and ADP Workforce Now
This is a real time application so once an employee is hired, you can view them in all applications. No need for imports or exports.
I think Dayforce works well for companies that want to streamline their systems. The elimination of imports from one system to another also eliminates data dropping off, and provides confidence that data is correct. The auditing tools ensure accuracy and the ability to future date transactions saves time. In my opinion, Dayforce would work well for small or large companies.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Dayforce HCM Training
The courses are very interactive and informative. There are classes for every topic, which allows you to make the most of the system. There are also some "go at your own pace" course which is a great option for a busy schedule.
Relationship with Ceridian
We had weekly meetings with our implementation team to discuss any issue we might have been having as well as discussions about where we should be at in the implementation process. We could readily call or email the team and the response time was great. Access to a test database really helped us familiarize ourself with the product. Any implementation is hard, but open communication eases the obstacles.