Overall Satisfaction with Deltek Vision
Deltek Vision is used throughout the company for time sheets. Business Development uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Clients, Contacts and Opportunities. Accounting and Finance use Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Financial Metrics, Reporting, Projects etc. Project Managers use Projects and Reporting for Project Management. Scheduled reports and scripts are used on a daily basis.
- Deltek Vision is excellent at linking related content. You can start at a client, and jump to contacts, opportunities and projects.
- Scheduled reporting - let Vision work FOR you. Schedule the reports and move on to other important tasks.
- Search - Deltek Vision searches can be simple to complicated SQL statements.
- A strength and weakness is the power of Deltek Vision. The learning curve can be steep.
- Security - in a timeframe where ransomware is everywhere - additional security measures are essential.
- Reporting across info centers is available yet minimal. ODBC access to the database through Excel has allowed additional reporting.
- Creating an Opportunity Reporting process has increased sales.
- Security concerns and building additional security around the product has increased cost.
- Improving the timesheet due process with the use of alerts has improved productivity.
Take the time to write up your pro and con list. Determine your needs as Deltek offers modules. Depending on the size of your organization you may choose to keep the database and application on premise or you may decide that having Deltek Vision hosted in the cloud is a better option.