Overall Satisfaction with Demandbase
I use Demandbase to service both the sales and marketing departments. In the marketing department, I use Targeted Advertising and Re-targeting to serve our online display ads only to accounts who we need to engage to drive business growth- thereby reducing ad spend waste. I use the Forms product to increase form conversions by augmenting non-form-critical, firm-o-graphic data to reduce form questions, increase conversions and standardize CRM data for reporting. I use website content targeting to deliver a personalized experience to our site visitors to increase engagement and drive higher conversion rates. I use Demand Analytics to keep sales informed of targeted prospects visiting our website who are not in our CRM database so that they can be informed of how prospects are interacting with our messaging and be prompt and contextual in out-reach.
- Demandbase helps streamline online ad spend by allowing me to serve display ads only the organizations that matter in order to grow our business. This cuts our ad spend by nearly 50% with increase performance. Combining this with the Demand Performance tool, I can now see exactly how these campaigns are directly impacting my pipeline without the need to BI or 3rd party tools.
- Demandbase allows me to personalize my website experience based upon any parameter I deem important so that the customer experience on our site is as personalized as possible. The more personal I can make our website experience, the higher our conversion rates climb.
- Demandbase's Analytics allows the sales organization to stay informed with how prospects are engaging with our website, even if they are not in our CRM system. This allows them to be contextual in their follow up as well as identify new prospects with whom they are not yet engaged - all without requiring a sales person to become proficient with site analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
- The growth of the Target Advertising platform could allow users to build their own ads without the requirement of the ad management team. This would streamline speed to market and testing methodologies while freeing up internal resources to build product and consult with clients for optimized success.
- 5% increase in CTR from dynamic ad creative
- 20% introduction to pipeline of display advertising targeted enterprise accounts
- approx. 300% ROI on first targeted advertising campaign
For what Demandbase does, I haven't found a direct competitor who can deliver the same functionality. Many claim to have company targeted advertising, but they tend to target members of networks who fit a certain demographic profile (title, company size, industry, region), but that doesn't guarantee the company I need to target is included in that segment.
There are no alternatives in my eyes to reaching this data and access. Demandbase is an integral part of my marketing mix and I couldn't execute the strategies I use with out it.
Demandbase would be poorly suited for B2C companies/products and may prove to be less effective for organizations with an extremely broad target market. Typically, Demandbase is at its most effective when an organization has a defined set of targeted companies - especially in the targeted advertising arena. The more companies you target, the more ad budget you need to properly saturate those prospects. (i.e. if you target 100 companies and your ad spend is $10K, then to target 1K companies, you'll need an ad spend of $100K to keep the cadence consistent).