Protect your environment in just minutes
May 03, 2021
Protect your environment in just minutes
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Duo Security
We are currently only utilizing Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, for just a handful of users in our organization. This product is primarily used by our IT security team. We use Duo Security for multi-factor authentication into many of our web-based applications/dashboards, such as the Carbon Black Cloud admin portal.
- Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, was extremely easy and quick to configure/deploy
- The ability to choose what device/method to use for MFA on each sign-in is great
- The mobile application is small and very easy to navigate
- The mobile app constantly checks for security updates and warns me that it isn't secure every time that the iOS rolls out a new version. I understand that being current on patching is important, but they make it seem like a huge deal to not be on latest version of iOS.
- After our external penetration test, we realized that we had some cloud-based applications that were vulnerable. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo has allowed us to implement MFA on the sign-ins to those applications to help prevent unauthorized access.
- Having the additional layer of security from Duo Security helps to save money on our Cyber Insurance premiums since it improves our security score.
- Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, also saves us money in the sense that it is generally less expensive to prevent hacks than to recover from them. The cost is well justified by the peace of mind that it provides us in knowing our systems are protected from unauthorized sign-ins.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is quite easy to configure and to use. It has a very convenient option to allow for multiple authentication devices. For example, when I request the MFA sign-in, I can choose to have it send the request to my work cell phone or my coworker's cell phone (depending on who is in the office at that time). I would have given a rating of 10, but on occasion my accounts will become disabled. I suspect this is likely due to lack of use. Fortunately it is simple to reconnect these accounts to get them back to a functioning state.
After our first external penetration test results, it was brought to light that we had insecure web applications that were Internet facing. The penetration testers were able to hack into these systems and disabled our alerting. Once alerts were disabled, they were able to bypass many of the safeguards we had in place. Now that we have Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, we would be aware if someone attempted to sign into one of these web-facing applications.
They were prompt to answer the phones and I was able to speak to a human very quickly. They were very knowledgeable and were eager to assist in answering my questions. I have not had to contact support for anything because the software has not given us any issues whatsoever. I am basing this review on the support I received prior to being a customer.
I called their support number prior to utilizing their software. Despite not being a customer at that time, they were very eager to answer my questions. They even told me about a free version that I could utilize to test the solution before purchasing. I think this is world-class support and it is what we have come to expect from a leader such as Cisco.
Okta does offer similar solutions to Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, but Okta has a higher price-point from our initial investigations into which provider to use. The support that we received from Duo was top-notch and the ease of use really helped to decide which solution to go with.
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is a perfect solution for just about any size of business looking for a multi-factor authentication solution. They even offer a free version for companies with fewer than 10 users. This is extremely handy for a proof of concept to confirm that this software will work in your environment. The software is very easy to use and can be implemented in just a few minutes.