Overall Satisfaction with Insightly
- The way it handles opportunities is very powerful, flexible and fairly easy to set up and use.
- The tasks and notifications perform well.
- The customization of contact and organization fields is one of the reasons for our decision to go with this product.
- They have a fairly easy to use REST API available.
- The process for using tags is a great feature. Add and remove tags, or sort by them with a simple click.
- Email is not natively integrated into the application. If you are accustomed to a tightly integrated email system then this can be frustrating for users for a while.
- The search function is lacking. There is an initial learning curve to finding the contacts and organizations you are looking for, once users get the hang of it this function is just passable and never great. For all of the outstanding things this system does the search is nearly a deal breaker.
- It is not possible to edit a contact record while viewing the organization. This caused a good bit of frustration for admin staff during the first few weeks of use, but as users grow accustomed to the interface this has become less of an issue.
- We have a better follow up process. (Some of that is just from the act of updating an old process, but Insightly facilitated that and the tools made the transition easy.) Now the sales pipeline is much more easily visualized by management and the automated tasks make following a prospect from initial contact through sale or abandonment with clear information about the outcome of each interaction.
- Our client notes are much easier to search on than in our past system. This gives the sales and marketing teams a much clearer insight to what clients and prospects feel about our products and our company as a whole.
- Marketing, sales, administration and technical support now all use the same system. Every aspect of the business use this tool and gather their own data into and out of it to great benefit.
I would warn them about the email integration and guide them away if that is key to their business use. I would also point out that reading the setup instructions is critical to porting over data from their current CRM, and to not be shy about asking technical support for help, they proved very helpful during the initial setup.