A Powerful Program with a Learning Curvehttps://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationOracle EloquaUnspecified7.84541012018-06-08T21:17:11.253Z
June 08, 2018
A Powerful Program with a Learning Curve
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
We use Oracle's Eloqua to produce electronic newsletters and communications to consumers. As we are a B to B to C company, our efforts to communicate with consumers have been pretty limited. We are looking at using Eloqua as a first step for more comprehensive communications.
- Lots of features available to users who want to explore all opportunities their organization may have with marketing automation
- Since the product is so popular, there are lots of user groups and companies helping with the implementation process
- The software has an extensive help section.
- The program can be a little overwhelming for novice or first time users.
- There are almost too many bells and whistles and features. Someone who is new to marketing automation may not know where to start.
- A more friendly user interface, specifically for starting a new campaign, would be helpful.
- Providing templates for new users so they can get their feet wet would be useful.
The program has great potential for scalability, as we plan using this system for all outbound communications to our various audiences. That being said, since are currently short staffed we have not had the opportunity to test how scalable the program is, or to use it on a more frequent basis. Because the program is so powerful, a new or non experienced user can be intimidated by the program.
- For our organization it is currently too early to measure ROI, as we have just started using it less than six months ago. The program has helped us meet the objective of communicating with consumers and sharing information across multiple social media platforms seamlessly.
- Ultimately the program should be able to to help us grow our relationships with consumers, and measure and track consumer activity on the web, which will help us develop web content and content marketing material that will be more appealing to all of our audiences.
- Since we are a B to B to C company and not selling anything to consumers, it will be hard to measure ROI. That being said, the tool should definitely help us build more awareness among consumers.
Not yet, but I'm interested in Oracle user groups - No not yet, but joining a user group may be useful for our organization, especially as we try to grown along with the product and learn to use it better. I think at this point the people who are using Eloqua will be overwhelmed if they join a user group as they are still learning how to properly use the product.
iContact and Vertical Response are email automation or email marketing programs for smaller companies or companies just getting started in email marketing automation. These programs actually provide many useful features, but a program like Oracle's Eloqua is many times more powerful, and, in addition to doing all of the things iContact and Vertical Response can do, Eloqua can help measure and track user web journeys, create comprehensive campaigns, interact with a master marketing database to track customers, etc.
Eloqua is very well suited for the experienced marketer, as the software has many options and is very comprehensive. It is not well suited for people who have less experience, who may initially be better off with a program like Vertical Response, iContact, Constant Contact, etc. The learning curve for inexperienced users might be too steep and the program might scare people away.
Oracle Eloqua Feature Ratings
Using Oracle Eloqua
Oracle's Eloqua is a powerful program but it does have a steep learning curve for someone who has not used it before.
Requires technical support
Slow to learn
Lots to learn
- Adding content and posting it to the website and social media sites
- The dashboard and analytics are easy to use.