Overall Satisfaction with Oracle HCM Cloud (including Taleo)
Taleo is being used as an advanced application tracking system which can help with first level screening of candidates as well. So, it is currently being used mainly by the recruitment team. It helps right from posting the job opening to the time a candidate joins the organization. The major business problem it has addressed is that now everyone right from the HR manager to the hiring manager is on the same page in terms of hiring. Every stage of the hiring process is tracked and can be accessed later on for various analysis.
- It records all the candidate information including all the communication history. This helps in identifying the source from which candidate came to know about the job openings and other details.
- It allows integration with a lot of third party applications like background check agencies and placement consultancy firms which can directly upload the candidate profile through the Taleo.
- It can be accessed anywhere in the world using any device which is such a boon as compared to traditional on premise solutions which can only be accessed via secure networks.
- User interface is outdated and it keep on signing you out. UI and UX need serious improvement and it needs to be a little bit more lighter on resources as the system starts hanging when accessing Taleo.
- A new Report can be customized as per the requirement but once it is set up , altering the report is a nightmare. It's better to recreate the report from scratch rather than editing one.
- Customer service needs a drastic makeover. I did not expect this from Oracle. At times, when it is absolutely critical, we have failed to get any support from the customer service.
- It is an expensive tool and still does not provide all the functionalities of a complete CRM solution and employee portal.
It is mainly suited for the very large global organizations which acquire talent from across the globe. Since it supports multiple languages, it suits such organizations. For these organizations, it is imperative to have a candidate profile inventory as the project pipeline is also big. For the smaller organizations, it is a handy tool for candidate management but they will not be able to utilize all the capabilities and it will not be as valuable an investment for them.