Overall Satisfaction with RedPrairie
We use RedPrairie in our 3PL warehouses in our Distribution Logistics division. We have transportation terminals and other pallet plants that do not use RedPrairie, as they do not require a WMS. RedPrairie is our WMS.
- RedPrairie is very customizable by internal staff. Being a 3PL, we have many different customer requirements. RedPrairie has easily met them all. We try not to customize, as the product works well out of the box. But we do create custom reports and data extracts that customers require. And we can do those modifications ourselves with no RedPrairie support or additional cost.
- RedPrairie allows for accurate and efficient use of warehouse labor. Transactions are tracked and rules are in place to keep inventory accurate. RedPrairie has a sophisticated work queue engine that hands out the best piece of work to warehouse workers and allows them to work as efficiently as possible.
- RedPrairie has a robust integration layer that allows for data input and output to nearly any host or destination.
- RedPrairie is complicated due to all of the customer requirements. There isn't really a "RedPrairie light" for simple, small customers.
- RedPrairie is a client/server application. They are working towards a web interface.
- RedPrairie (JDA WMS) is a known brand, and is known as a tier 1 WMS. Mentioning that we use the software has helped during the sales process. It has kept us in bids that we wouldn't have been involved with if we didn't have RedPrairie.
- Inventory accuracy improved dramatically when we converted from our legacy WMS to RedPrairie in 2007. After the conversion to RedPrairie, physical inventory numbers have never been lower than 99.5% accurate.
- Having relevant data and customized reports has helped our CSRs when dealing with our customers.
RedPrairie is more expensive than Infor's solution that we used. However, it met our customer requirements much better than the Infor solution. Manhattan was similarly priced, but seemed to be less modification-friendly.