Tool for efficient and effective resource management and processinghttps://www.trustradius.com/erpSAP ERPUnspecified8.22781012019-08-08T19:54:05.785Z
August 08, 2019
Tool for efficient and effective resource management and processing
Score 9 out of 101
- SAP ERP Financials
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management
- SAP ERP Operations
- Production Plannig (SAP PP)
- Material Management (SAP MM)
- Sales and Distribution (SAP SD)
- Financial Supply Chain Management (SAP FSCM)
- Quality Management (SAP QM)
- Plant Maintenance (SAP PM)
Overall Satisfaction with SAP ERP
We used SAP ERP all throughout the organization. It serves as our total enterprise resource management solution. Most of our non-SAP business tools from manufacturing, finance, warehousing, logistics, administrative, etc. are integrated to SAP ERP. In our perspective as auditors, it was very useful since our engagements can be supported by readily extractable data within SAP and we can do analytics on the data extracted. Also, support data for each findings can be easily looked up in SAP.
- Integration of functions within the organization (example: warehouse releasing and inventory management with finance costing and logistics)
- Security features are on point. Clear segregation of duties can be achieved by assigning access rights based on least privilege principle
- Can be easily learned.
- Roles assigned to users can be customized.
- SAP sometimes gets slow whenever most of the people in the company simultaneously use it
- Hopefully they would extend background job processing to all tables in SAP since it sometimes goes time out whenever extracting large historical data (ex. 5 years expense data)
- Paperless business process transactions
- Efficient processing of transactions
- Made decision making more efficient and effective because there is readily available data from SAP
SAP ERP is well suited for large organizations that can fully utilize its potential. plus SAP ERP is an expensive solution, a company needs to allocate a dedicated resource to properly implement it from infrastructures, people, training and support. SAP ERP is least ideal for small enterprises, unless such enterprise belong to a holding company which runs SAP system.