SAP has it all once you figure it out!https://www.trustradius.com/erpSAP ERPUnspecified8.22781012019-09-12T17:53:31.259Z
September 12, 2019
SAP has it all once you figure it out!
Score 8 out of 101
- SAP ERP Financials
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management
Overall Satisfaction with SAP ERP
Our entire organization uses SAP. We create projects, create purchase orders, issue payments to our vendors and apply payments from our customers. Our project team measures project completion, creates financial reports and issues invoices to our customers. We issue payments to our team members and track their time and time off. We track career progression and learning and development for our Team Members as well as tracking open positions in our departments.
- Because it's a standard ERP product, it interfaces very well with third party providers like Concur.
- It has a quick response time when processing and recalling data.
- It is fairly easy to create customized transactions and reports.
- It is in no way user-friendly. It is not intuitive nor is it easy to understand.
- No one, not even our in house experts, know everything about the product.
- There isn't a module-based system to help users - like click here for all AP related transactions. Nothing is grouped - except by the user.
- It is reliable and works in mostly predictable patterns. This allows us to store data for years without risk of failure.
- Reporting is sparse - even that which is custom. Most of our reporting is done through Excel from an SAP data dump. The dump is reliable but excel requires a good deal of human intervention.
- It is available to all team members so we can roll out custom transactions to everyone at the same time. Saving us time and money.
It has more functionality than Epicor, especially with image storage. However, Epicor does allow you to set up transactions for future use - like general ledger templates. Epicor also allows you to upload easily from Excel for small-batch data. SAP only has large data imports. SAP is harder to learn and requires more user set-up.
SAP works well to send out and to receive files to third parties like banks and Concur. We have multiple data streams from and to our system are scheduled and happen behind the scenes. It's robust and houses a great deal of data - including images - so we can limit the amount of paper we manage. It doesn't have a standard setup, which makes is great for people who like to customize their information but it is much more difficult for new employees or people without experience in this software.