Creative Project Champion
March 07, 2015
Creative Project Champion
Belkin InternationalDesign, 201-500 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
Workfront (formerly AtTask) was used by the Creative Services department to communicate with the Sales, Product, Production and Marketing departments. Every team member within Creative Services had their own account and each outside department was given a joint account. Workfront was amazing and provided visibility into the history of a project. It allowed notes, comments and changes to be easily catalogued with the relevant project.
- User-friendly interface for communicating. Similar to social media platforms, if you wanted to bring someone into the fold of the project, all you had to do was "tag" them.
- Individual task lists made objectives for individual team members very clear.
- The flexibility of reporting made checking up on the workload of the entire team extremely proficient.
- I always wanted company holidays to be incorporated into the calendar to avoid assigning or selecting dates in which the team would not be available. For example when assigning dates to a task having things like Labor Day, Memorial Day or any other observed holiday "greyed-out" would have been very helpful in delegating tasks
- I there were a few instances (especially when learning the software) where I wish requestors would have received emailed copies of requests they put into a queue. Something would happen, a glitch or just plain human error when a request would get deleted and I would have to beg and plead for the requestor to resubmit a project.
- Especially for team members who have problems logging into their account to respond to a comment, having email responses automatically be added to comment threads would have been amazing! So many times I had to copy and paste because someone would reply via email to an email notification rather than signing in and commenting.
- Less overtime for misplaced or overlooked projects
- Less rush costs for urgent productions
Work front was a significant financial investment, but the streamlining of the unique document review process was worth every penny.
Workfront was a great tool for teams that work remotely. When working at House of Blues we had a team of the designers working in Los Angeles and 12 marketing representatives working around the country. It worked perfectly there because all communication would have been done via email anyway. At TOMS the team was local but it was a larger team of 10-15 designers and multiple internal clients. For a small local team I don't think the investment is worth it.
Adobe Workfront Feature Ratings
Support for Agile Methodology
Support for Waterfall Methodology
Change request and Case Management
Budget and Expense Management