Having fun with visuals in Zendesk Explore!
Justine Matison | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 08, 2019

Having fun with visuals in Zendesk Explore!

Overall Satisfaction with Zendesk Explore

I have been using Zendesk Explore, personally, since I started using it in Beta. Since the tool has gone live, we are using it across the team and the customer success organization. We are able to take our reporting, and elevate the impact with visuals that provide insights in an effective way, without losing the ability to go deeper into the data with a click or two, to be able to identify the sources of what the data is showing.
  • Visualization of the data is a key point with Zendesk Explore, making it easy to share insights across the company, even working with teams that aren't using Zendesk themselves.
  • Reporting to support/chat/talk all in one report, rather than needing to marry several reports, is a real time saver.
  • The biggest challenge for me is generally having a better understanding of what is included in each data set. There have been some frustrating moments when I realized the reason I wasn't getting what I needed out of a query was that there was a better data set to use.
Much closer to real-time data is available than with the Insights/GoodData reporting used previously with Zendesk.
The visualization capabilities are one of my favorite things about using Zendesk Explore! So much time used to be spent exporting reports into spreadsheets, aggregating data and then creating my own visualizations to share with others. Often in doing so, I lost connectivity to the underlying data that wasn't extremely manual. With Zendesk Explore I can put together visualizations that can be shared with teams that don't even use Zendesk, in a relevant way, and I am still able to drill down into data when a question comes up!
Zendesk Explore is very well suited for real-time reporting, visualization, and ease of use! It would be great if there was a way to magically port all of the reports that I had in GoodData over, rather than building queries anew, but I think that's just an operational reality with any tool. After getting used to a new way of doing things (change is always hard!) my team and I are really happy with Zendesk Explore!

Zendesk Explore Feature Ratings

Pixel Perfect reports
Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)