December 19, 2020
Score 4 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zix
We use Zix for web content filtering, as well as for outbound encryption for keeping sensitive information save, and to make sure that emails are not forwarded to unintended additional recipients. We have used Zix for 5 plus years, on both an internal Exchange server, as well as for Office 365 through the Zix gateway using Smart Host connectors to Office 365.
- Excellent encryption
- One of the market leaders
- Ease of use after implementation
- Ease of use. Other competitors platform is WAY easier to use and customize.
- You have to cover THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION with coverage, even though only a handful will need to use email encryption
- The Zix Protect platform is a complete joke to customize and use.
- Protecting patient information
- Users have to complete an account setup in order to view the encrypted email in a portal. Other platforms just let you open the email without having to setup an account.
- Pretty easy to use if you don't make many customizations to it.
Again, customization and initial setup is very clunky and could be streamlined a lot better.
The initial implementation was good, they were very informative and helpful. Again, we migrated from an inhouse Exchange server to Office 365, so the support engineers were able to copy the settings from the existing setup and apply to the Zix Gateway we are currently using.
Once Zix is setup, it works fine. Trying to add a new rule you might as well call for support because it is cumbersome and clunky. Tech support often seem annoyed when you reach out to them. Please look at all of the alternatives when looking into email encryption before selecting ZIX.