<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.8 out of 101
Based on 176 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
I would highly recommend Arena for any small startup up to a well-established company. Arena is very price competitive, easy to configure, and user-friendly. Arena integrates nicely to any existing ERP software or can be linked later in the process as needed.
SAP PLM is well suited for any industry that needs to track the creation of a product from the raw material stage all the way to the shipped product. I do not think it would be well suited for very small companies which do not have any materials, products, and inventory to track.
- Arena allows for easy customization and this is beneficial because the company can set up the PLM to meet their specific needs and tailor it to their business.
- The interface is very user friendly and this helps to eliminate the apprehension of using a system for an employee who is not a computer expert.
- Policies and user groups allow administrators to control what certain employees can and cannot see. This control keeps data accuracy intact and helps to create a structured approach to data acquisition.
- It allows us to strategically control operations by product monitoring and production changes.
- Gives you the ability to source upcoming products because you have a complete and total view of all resources at all times.
- It allows us to control batch management in the production process, this is a key element in our industry.
- There were a few fields that we could not modify. They were standard fields that Arena would only allow specific data. It would have been nice to be able to modify the field and customize as we wished.
- We wish there was a shared user license. There are some users that might only use the product once per month. It would be nice if they did not need to hold their own user license to access information.
- When approving changes or requests, or completing a task in a project, it would be nice if the system automatically notified all down stream users with open items that the task was completed.
- The interface is that of your typical SAP program, it's not very user friendly to a person who doesn't use it every single day.
- Some simple Windows commands do not work in SAP PLM, such as a copy and paste.
- Right click menus generally produce unconventional results if the user is more familiar with Windows right click menus.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
No answers yet
We were looking at using our ERP - IQMS to take the place of Arena but it didn't even come close to having the functionality and ease of use that Arena has. Omnify PLM came in and gave a demonstration and the management team choose Arena over them in a vote that wasn't even close.
SAP PLM encompasses SAP BW and SAP PRD. We tend to focus more on the SAP PRD portion as it directly involves more closely to production. We selected SAP PLM because it gives us a great visibility in the life cycle of materials, products and overall costs. SAP PLM compliments the other packages very well
Return on Investment
- Since we haven't introduced a product, this is a difficult question to answer with a useful number. I can say that Arena has become a tool that everyone in the organization counts on and is the first place to look for anything.
- Accurately able to order raw materials which are necessary for the current production run, thus reducing overhead.
- The negative impact would be the initial cost of the software and how long it would take to ROI that cost.
- It has allowed us to control batches of product creation much more closer and have the ability to cut some erroneous costs which were found in large batches.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?