Acronis Cyber Backup Reviews

April 23, 2020
jesse nanes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the entire org as our go-to backup/disaster recovery plan.
  • Bare metal backup for physical and virtual servers.
  • File folder backup.
  • Cloud + local backup.
  • I would like to see an option to test the boot-ability of a VM in an automated process.
It is suited in small to large sized businesses. It may be less appropriate for a customer with a large data set and a small budget due to the cost compared to some less effective solutions.
We have to provide lots of logs and other details but the solution is usually prompt. I would prefer the support team get connected to obtain these logs.
Read jesse nanes's full review
December 18, 2019
Tyler Despain | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Acronis Cyber Backup to provide clients with a full service and incredibly reliable backup service. It provides a full suite of backup options from file level on basic workstations to full application based backup on servers. We use it to help customers reach their RTO and RPO goals.
  • Provides detailed backup reports of successes and failures making it easy to troubleshoot issues.
  • Image level backups to local or cloud that just work.
  • Acronis Cyber Backup has many resellers that require year long commitments to use their backups.
  • Implementation of new users can be a bit roundabout for the reseller.
Acronis Cyber Backup is very well suited for mid-sized companies that are looking for a cloud backup solution that will provide a robust and very reliable backup. It’s a bit pricier than other solutions so it’s not as suited toward companies with small amounts of data to backup. Though with that price comes a high level of support and high level of reliability that isn’t available with cheaper solutions.
Read Tyler Despain's full review
October 21, 2019
We use Acronis Backup for our servers as well as PC's to make backups for safety and archival. It is simple to use and has been reliable for us.
  • Easy to install.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Easy to create a backup or clone disk.
  • It is expensive for small company use, but considering the importance of data, even a high price tag is not a disadvantage.
  • It can be somewhat slow at times.
  • The web interface sometimes kicks you out.
I would not hesitate to recommend this product, it is one of the best options for backing up and recovering data. It offers an information control panel, various specialized tools for the protection of your files, with one of the benefits of being able to access them at any moment wherever it is.
October 03, 2019
Doug Ellis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Acronis Backup for over 10 years and it has proven to be the most reliable product I have used for data and server backups. I use it internally and with all my customers. It gives me peace of mind in knowing I can recover data quickly and fully.
  • Imaging
  • Fast recovery of full machines
  • Creation of virtual hard drives
  • Recovery of files and folders
  • I have seen consistent improvements in every version.
  1. Acronis works well in protecting critical systems. These can be servers, business PCs or laptops. Basically, any critical system.
  2. Create images for deployment to new PCs or laptops.
  3. Move a system to new hardware.
  4. Create virtual hard drives for use in a HyperV or VMware host environment.
  5. Imaging of systems experiencing hard drive issues for recovery to a new hard drive.
Read Doug Ellis's full review
October 08, 2019
Acronis Backup is used for making the backups of our system's database. It is used by the infrastructure department and right now we haven't had to use it fortunately because we have already redundance between sites. We also have our BCP and DRP emergency plans but we feel more comfortable having the Acronis software with us.
  • Backups from the entire computer or server.
  • It can recover a server with the entire system and software.
  • Faster recovery.
  • It could be more user-friendly.
  • Sometimes the time it takes to make a backup is slow in comparison with other systems.
It can make a full restore from an entire server in less than an hour, and the backup can be made in one external drive or in multiple DVD. However, the interface is not very friendly to navigate between menus.
October 07, 2019
Acronis Backup and Recovery is being used for a small business client as it presents a reliable and easy way for them to manage backup and recovery of their data.
  • Ease of use.
  • Set-it-and-forget it solution.
  • Economical.
  • There can be a little bit of a learning curve compared to other backup products, but not overwhelming.
  • It is somewhat limited in its feature set compared to enterprise-level solutions.
For small business scenarios, it works great. It has full image recovery, full/incremental backup and many other options at an extremely competitive price point. The product is frequently updated with valuable features.
July 16, 2018
Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis Backup is used as the primary solution for data backup and recovery. It is a software-only solution so media to write to is up to the customer to bring to the table. Acronis works by creating images of servers that can be mounted or restored and works as a bare-metal recovery option for most servers if the need arises.
  • An image-based backup solution for small to medium businesses
  • Easy to mount and restore small or large amounts of data
  • Scalable as backup needs change over time
  • Partial backup solution, still requires bring-your-own-media
  • Full image backups take longer than incremental-based solutions
Small to medium businesses will greatly appreciate the price-point and ease of use as a backup solution. May not be the best solution for long-term retention, but that is based on the company and their media.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
October 01, 2018
Rishan Ahmed | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a Service Provider, we have completed over 500+ implementation which is more than 5000+ Workstations, 1000+ Servers and many more. As a suite, Acronis offers business continuity, sort of Data Archiving, and a complete backup. It eliminates the use of multiple products to create a secured data loss pattern.
  • One suite or one console for heterogeneous environments. Administrator can get alerts, notifications and complete control of backup and data management.
  • As an implementer, backup installation and configuration is very easy.
  • Backup schedule management is super easy. User can create backup policies as per company instructions or user patterns.
  • Real time backup has more demand now. If Acronis can implement snapshots with a real time feature, it will be a game changer.
  • Acronis support needs a lot of improvement.
  • Response from the sales team is not that good. Acronis should revise the pricing as well.
Acronis is well fitted in SMBs/Medium Enterprises who have a heterogeneous environment. When it comes to high end systems like Mainframes, Oracle Backup etc. Acronis cannot perform. It also doesn't have a good support agent.
Read Rishan Ahmed's full review
August 16, 2018
Richard N. Silverstein, M.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used every day for local and cloud backups. It provides our company with bulletproof data security.
  • Reliable on site back up
  • Reliable cloud back up
  • After having to use this product for many years I cannot think of any necessary improvements. It performs flawlessly and has rescued my data numerous times over the years with speed and precision.
In my medical practice I handle a large volume of data and I have found this product to perform flawlessly. The support is the best that I have experienced anywhere.
Read Richard N. Silverstein, M.D.'s full review
December 08, 2017
Paul Uslan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acronis Backup to backup my entire computer with all my patients' information and records.
  • It does incremental backups so I do not need to worry about not having enough space on my backup drive
  • It schedules when the office is closed so does not tie up the computer during the day.
  • Advises if backup was successful and if not, where the error lies.
  • I had a hard drive error previously on my computer and the backup corrects and does not bring forward any corrupted files.
  • Easier set up for people not very computer savy, and unable to express backup path correctly in computer terms. Program finds all it needs for set up.
Perfect for internal backup without having to use cloud base solutions. I don't like have patient data sitting out there.
Read Paul Uslan's full review
December 06, 2017
Robert A. Cambridge, M.D., M.B.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Clinic server backup to RDX media. Addresses the need for complete restoration of patient medical charts in a very short period of time in the case of a system crash.
  • Backs up entire server.
  • Easy to install, easy to configure.
  • Flexible with types of media it uses to backup.
  • Does not recognize/individually backup MySQL Server software. Therefore, with my server if the database goes bad the entire server has to be restored. Apparently, Acronis only recognizes name-brand products.
  • Interface seems to be web-based. If the internet is down, the server cannot be restored.
If MySQL Server database crashes, the whole server has to be restored rather the just the database. It would seem that if the internet is down, the server cannot be restored due to a web-based interface.
Read Robert A. Cambridge, M.D., M.B.A.'s full review
Andre' Forbes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Acronis in our IT department. I utilize Acronis to backup my server and main company files. In addition, I am backing up to the cloud for redundancy. The business problem that Acronis addresses is disaster recovery. If there is a hard drive crash on the server, Active Directory is backed up and also the server operating system. If there is a fire there is an additional backup to the cloud.
  • Acronis emails the administrator update every day on critical errors, warnings, and failures.
  • The backup is smooth and quick.
  • Very little processing resources are used from the operating system.
  • The 24 hour support is great!
  • All the technicians are very knowledgeable about the use of the Acronis product.
  • I would like to see Acronis provide virtual server operations in the product. In other words, every aspect of the Acronis product is cloud-based.
  • Supply the customer with full virtual backup, bring all functions to the cloud. No onsite hardware.
Acronis is well suited when an organization is trying to be cost-effective and more automatic. If your company is a more manual operating company Acronis is probably less appropriate for your business.
Read Andre' Forbes's full review
Dean Eumenidi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acronis to backup my entire server for the entire business. I do this a few times a week. I also use Acronis to backup workstations so if something happens, I can restore a new hard drive in a matter of minutes instead of taking a whole day of reloading a new hard drive from scratch.
  • Mirror image of storage device/hard drive to an external source
  • Ease of loading the backup to restore a hard drive from the external source
  • A "must Have" for any business that uses computer technology for business
  • A little explanation or help topics on setting up server backups
Well suited for backup of servers or personal computers with multiple hard drives. I only use this program for what it is intended to do....backup information you do not want to lose, so to answer a less appropriate scenario, I can not answer.
Read Dean Eumenidi's full review
December 15, 2017
Wagner Dias | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's been used for image and other application backups that are replicated to multiple vaults in different locations.
  • Full image backups
  • Full restores
  • Full backups of GPT disks
  • Better reporting capabilities
  • Support assistance would benefit from more training
  • Increased support team size
  • Support team doesn't always get back to you in a timely fashion or as agreed
If properly configured it can work well. However, issues aren't normally easy to fix.
Read Wagner Dias's full review
Paul Heihn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Acronis to backup data locally and in the cloud. Acronis has provided one solution to backup data in several locations.
  • Acronis works everyday and reports every success or failure. We can count on it performing.
  • The setup was difficult for a small business with limited IT skills. However, one call to customer service resolved the issue completely.
Acronis is well suited to being one platform for all of our data backup needs.
Read Paul Heihn's full review
March 27, 2017
Leland Whitlock | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis makes the backup and recovery process a breeze supporting restore to dissimilar hardware for emergency repairs when the original server is not available. This is an excellent tool not only for servers where it is instrumental for disaster recovery but also on workstations where it helps keep us up and running as needed. Few tools are easier to use for backups.
  • The ability to make complete backups quickly.
  • The ability to restore to dissimilar hardware for emergency recovery.
  • It works with both servers and workstations.
  • Great for disaster recovery especially in a small business.
  • Restoring to dissimilar hardware sometimes has quirks if you need additional drivers. It would be nice if you could attach the needed drivers to the backup when restoring.
  • Would be nice if they could find a way to make a complete offline backup of the mobile devices so you can restore a device to the state is was when when the backup occurred including the operating system.
  • Everything we already need is supported.
It is great for Windows servers and workstations and also good for Linux when using external boot media. It would be nice to have better support for mobile devices and capturing their exact state including the OS that is installed at the time.
Read Leland Whitlock's full review
March 27, 2017
Brandon Justice | TrustRadius Reviewer
I briefly used it to back up several computers using W7 and XP.
I did not use it again because it did not work well with several of the XP machines and locked up or did not complete a full backup. So I decided to not purchase it after the trial.

• Worked well with W7
  • Did not work well with our XP machines. Was unable to determine if it was our side or the backup software.
If you have a grouping of Windows 7 or newer machines it should work well. But from what I experienced it did not like to work with older versions of Windows. And again, I am unsure if it was something with our PC's or if it was the backup software that was having the issue.
Read Brandon Justice's full review
Jonathan Warner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're using Acronis Backup & Recovery to ensure the integrity of our system's data and those of the clients we are privileged to serve. There's many backup solutions, but we have relied on Acronis for both backup and pulling data from systems that are otherwise unbootable. It's proven to be an invaluable tool.
  • Imaging workstations, servers, laptops
  • Data Backup
  • In an emergency, it's a great tool to take a snapshot of the system, bootable or not, and use that for recovery.
  • There's too many versions. I suggest plying that down to just one, maybe two.
  • It can be confusing for some
  • Lower resource usage
Acronis Backup & Recovery is well suited for backing up data or system images in recovery situations or when a new system is being installed. Being able to restore from a backup rather than installing all programs and software and migrating data is a real time saver. Additionally, Acronis Backup & Recovery makes quick work of mass deploying computers or laptops when using a master image and dropping that image on all the systems to deploy.
Read Jonathan Warner's full review
Vincent Capra | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Acronis Backup & Recovery within our managed services package. It allows us to deploy the backup software to workstations and servers in our internal and client networks. We normally setup the system to do a image backup to local storage nightly and replicate a copy of the backup to our private cloud.
  • Image workstations and servers
  • Bare metal restore works excellent.
  • Central management of all your backup endpoints.
  • Not a big fan of Acronis cloud. Have not used in a few years but had issues in the past pushing large amounts of data to it.
  • Licensing can get confusing on some of the server products.
  • Sometimes we run into VSS issues with the system.
Software is perfect for SMB networks. It allows admins to easily manage backups of desktops and servers.

Acronis also is great if you get infected by a crypto virus. Just roll back the computer to the last image and you are all set.
Read Vincent Capra's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Acronis as a cheaper alternative to many other backup services we offer. This came in handy for a client who needs offsite data backup, but is unwilling to pay for a better, imaged based solution. We only have two customers on this solution. We don't plan on using it going forward.
  • Backs up fairly reliably
  • inexpensive
  • Support is very lackluster
  • Monitoring isn't easy
  • Install can be complicated
This is ok for a client that can't afford an imaged based backup. I would not recommend this for a server based network, or a client whose data is critical. For a basic retention policy based backup, this is OK. Not ready for primetime or for major networks. Would like to see better support
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
January 07, 2019
We use Acronis to back up our servers. It allows us to back up a variety of items including data files, SQL and Exchange. The backups can be scheduled for rotations and you can back up to multiple different types of sources.
  • Backs up different data types.
  • Backs up to multiple sources including tapes, external drives other servers.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Support staff does not always have answers and sometimes has to escalate issues.
  • A better way to integrate yearly subscriptions into the contract.
  • Better notifications of backup alerts.
Acronis is well suited for a company that has at least one server to back up. The program will work with a wide variety of operating systems including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019. This program will also allow you to backup multiple servers from one host device. It will also works with Linux OS.
August 17, 2018
Acronis Backup advanced is used in my organization to handle all user workstation backups. It is used across the organization as a backup solution. It addresses all of our workstation backups in order to secure recovery in the event of a workstation failure.
  • Acronis backup allows you to set up several backups at once to different locations for redundancy.
  • It allows you to easily search the local network to find backup locations.
  • It allows you to set up several different time frames for backups ie: weekly, monthly, daily etc
  • You can find local resources but you cannot search the network globally. You have to input an IP/DNS name to search. Whereas in the previous version 11.7, you could search and find locations without having to use these references.
  • The interface is somewhat slow to load
  • The licensing is very difficult to navigate if you are using Acronis in different locations because you have to have a controller on different subnets and you can't sync the licensing across the network
  • Also, keeping track of what the computer is using what license if you have not added to the management controller is difficult.
  • My biggest issue with Acronis Backup Advanced 12.5 is if the hard drive on your machine starts to fail you cannot run the software to back up the machine. I spent a lot of time with support with just this issue and they could do nothing until I replaced the hard drive but at that point, I could not run a backup so I had to use the oldest backup I had.
Acronis is great if you have a workstation failure and need a quick recovery. As long as you are recovering to a like machine the recovery is fairly easy.
February 20, 2018
We use Acronis backup to image our work PCs and hard drives of our clients. We use it primarily to image existing hard drives to a new larger traditional hard drive or a smaller SSD hard drive.
  • Image failing hard drives
  • Move existing hard drives to new SSD
  • Local backup of existing workstations
  • The UI can be hard to navigate for new users
  • Acronis sometimes does not show progress during a clone so it's hard to tell the status
A shop needing to clone hard drives in an efficient way to clone hard drives.
December 08, 2017
We started using Acronis because it scans for encrypted files. This was a huge problem for our clients because the new variants of the crypto bugs now go after the backups. Acronis has been amazing at preventing bad data from being backed up, we are now rolling it out to all of our clients.
  • We love the daily status updates. It’s very simple and easy to use.
  • It’s super fast, better than anything we have used in the past.
  • Honestly it was very easy to use, if I had any recommendations it would be to make the recovery process a little more intuitive. We still love the product.
Any areas where mission critical data needs to be backed up. I no longer worry about our clients' backups. They simply work.

What is Acronis Cyber Backup?

Acronis Cyber Backup aims to be the most reliable and easy-to-use backup for businesses of all sizes, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.

Acronis promises to help IT keep the business running. Businesses can be at risk of losing important data. Lost data leads to costly downtime, customer dissatisfaction, regulatory fines, and lost revenue. As a result, the IT pros must meet extremely high expectations. You need to keep the company running 24-hours a day.

According to the vendor, the key benefits of Acronis Cyber Backup include:
  • Full Availability, No Downtime
  • Complete Protection, Now and Forever
  • Fast Backup, Non-Stop Business
  • Proactively eliminate attacks
  • Restore VMs in seconds
  • Reduce outages with the best RTO
  • 20+ platforms protected
  • Easy scalability with data growth
  • Mobile data protection
  • Instant protection with 3 clicks
  • Multi-tier deduplication
  • Off-host backup operations
  • Spend Less, Best ROI and TCO
  • Minimal upfront costs with simple licensing options
  • Simplified, automated administration