TRUE
TRUE
MindManager

The best mind mapping tool out there

Using MindManager in academic research

$349

per perpetual license

Organizations

Contact sales team

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.mindmanager.com/en/pages/my…

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features

• Supported: Strategic Planning
  • Supported: Task Management
  • Supported: Workflow Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Product SuiteMindManager for MacMindManager for Microsoft TeamsMindManager SnapMindManager GoMind Maps in MindManagerOrganizational Charts in MindManagerTimelines  in MindManagerFlowcharts  in MindManagerVenn & Onion Diagrams  in MindManagerKanban Boards  in MindManagerFunnel Charts  in MindManagerMatrix Diagrams  in MindManager

MindManager Video

Get the right things done faster, better, and more connected with MindManager by bringing clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes. Transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices, and other diagrams. ...

MindManager Downloadables

MindManager Integrations

MindManager Competitors

MindManager Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese

Alternatives

What is MindManager?

MindManager is a mind mapping and project management tool that aims to boost users’ productivity. It is designed to facilitate a wide range of project types, and includes cross-platform functionality and 3rd party integrations.

What are MindManager's top competitors?

Xmind and Lucidchart are common alternatives for MindManager.

What is MindManager's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses MindManager?

The most common users of MindManager are from Enterprises and the Higher Education industry.

Dan Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
My use of MindManager is not in any way problem specific. I find it helpful for working with any complex problem. In my experience, it helps me to clarify and refine my own thinking and organize my thoughts and express them visually so that they are more easily understood by others as well.
  • The interface makes it very easy to use.
  • The fonts and design elements make the maps easy to read.
  • Exporting the maps to other formats is easy to do.
  • I would like to be able to click and drag some elements to make it easier to read. Some things can get bunched.
  • Always looking for templates from other users who are smarter than me.
This is the single best tool to help visual learners express themselves on complex matters in my opinion. I have tried and used other programs that have certain elements, but this is far and away from the best option for me. The more complex the problem, the more that using this pays off. I tend to start in almost brainstorming mode and then move to group items and either arrange them in terms of process flow or simply organizationally.
The program is very powerful and I confess that I am probably only benefitting from the tip of the iceberg when it comes to features available to me. Whether it is reimagining organizational charts to examining processes, the software is intuitive and helps me make my thoughts visual, and sometimes even visually appealing.
I primarily use MindManager to brainstorm and plan. I first discovered it about 20 years ago while working in Marketing in London. It is very flexible and versatile; enabling me to put all my thoughts down, before re-organising; refining; prioritising, and then converting to a presentation or document. I find it significantly more productive than starting with Word or Powerpoint.
  • Brainstorming
  • Resource planning
  • Collaborating
  • Pricing model for 3rd world countries
I find it brilliant when collaborating. It is very user-friendly and easy to put down multiple thoughts into one place, before organising them into a more coherent structure. Being that it is visual, it speeds up the creative thought process and therefore improves productivity. Different templates provide a good starting point, which also improves productivity.
While I was Managing Director of a building company, I used to use it to do top-level planning for projects. This would vary from project to project and would include but not be limited to identifying tasks; managing risks; allocating resources; estimating timeframes; identifying milestones; prioritising actions; tracking progress.
Jennifer Magoon | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use mind manager to help drive conversations. The ability to create easy visuals in a remote world is imperative. I use the right map a lot in brainstorming sessions. I also like the flow charts because they auto aligns themselves. I like how I can export it in a variety of ways such as a PDF or a CSV which makes the data easy to use later on.
  • Very intuitive to use
  • Provides the data in various mediums after the fact (export as PDF, Excel, etc.)
  • Allows for co-editing
  • it would be great if it published out to a PowerPoint
  • more pre-defined templates
  • more icons
Mind Manager is great when brainstorming remotely. It could also work if brainstorming in person, but it is kind of hard to see if you are in a large room unless you zoom in or out. I wish that there were more icons to make it more visually appealing. It is also great for capturing process maps ad hoc, Visio requires a bit more skill and with Mind Manager, you don't need to spend as much time formatting it. I really like their Venn Diagram map but I cannot figure out how to add additional circles? So for basic things, I think it is great, but you will likely need to Google instructions for more advanced applications. OR you will have to start from scratch without using a template.
Our team was struggling with how to set up our new SharePoint Site. Rather than using stickies which were manual, I used mind manager to show the main pages, then sub-pages, and sub-pages after that. I was able to create several variations and allow the team to vote. It really helped them see what was possible quickly AND was easy to manipulate. I have also used mind manager to visually depict a fairly elaborate environment strategy that was hard for our IT folks to understand, they had always done something one way, I was proposing a new way, and I used Mind Manager to depict it which allowed everyone to understand and agree. Lastly, we used it to play around with the org structure of our team to see how it would play out. Using the import functionality we could bring it in from Excel saved us a lot of time.
Carrie Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is the easiest way for me to brainstorm with other colleagues and bring our ideas to life through visualization techniques. We are able to collaborate seamlessly and roadmap new projects, from concept to completion.
  • It captures and structures our information so that we don't lose sight of the important details.
  • We are able to connect broad swathes of data and information to help keep us focused on the most important issues at stake.
  • We can see at-a-glance where our time and effort need to be allocated.
  • To date I haven't found any holes in the solution set—I'm impressed!
It is best suited for teams that must work closely together on projects. I've found it particularly useful during the pandemic because the remote collaboration tools are incredible. From small, fast-turn projects to long-haul projects, it's been very useful in keeping us on track.
Some people are better at absorbing information when it is presented visually. For that reason, I have found this solution to work particularly well. The content is all there, it's just mapped out in a way that resonates for all team members.
Drew Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've tried most mind mapping tools, and MindManager is among the best. It helps me with organizing my thoughts for project planning and product development. I dabbled with the co-editing feature as a partner wanted to brainstorm some products with it, and it's very robust for both solo users and teams.
  • The co-editing feature makes collaborating with others a delight.
  • Seems to be the most polished and feature-rich of all the mind mapping tools I've tried.
  • Very flexible handles many different project types for various needs and goals.
  • The pricing is a little high for solo users compared to other mind mapping tools, but the functionality justifies the cost.
  • The Android app didn't let me edit my maps last time I tried to use it, would be nice to edit on the go.
  • Would be nice if non-paying users could co-edit maps.
MindManager is amazing for brainstorming, collecting related ideas and resources, structuring thoughts, ideas, and processes, and planning projects. There are plenty of other uses as well, but it can almost be overwhelming to figure out all the possible use-cases. It's also a great tool for collaborating on projects with others remotely.
I was recently planning to build a new piece of software and needed to do a lot of research to decide how to best create it. MindManager made it easy to compare competitors for various functions, pricing, and technology used to get a better idea of the competition and help me decide what features to focus on versus weaknesses in existing products on the market.
I use Mindmanger in my organization for the purposes of self leadership. The business problem it addresses is getting things out of my head and onto a screen in a way that can quickly be changed and manipulated to see connections and issues on the team.
  • MindMapping
  • Dashboarding
  • Being fast
  • Weird offline issue where I couldn't use it on a plane because it needed to connect to a license?
  • Not crashing on the MacOs
  • Legacy support - the older templates were the best
Really love it but sometimes it's too expensive to get more people onto it.
I benefit from this every day and in meetings because I can see connections in a way that I can't in a document.
I run an academic research lab. I use it to plan my days, weeks and quarters e.g. I have a map called "Today" that keeps me on track along with a new map for each week that tracks more goals. I also have maps for the overall lab goals. I often use maps to help brainstorm and outline new grants and papers that I'm writing.
  • I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
  • It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
  • I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
  • I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
  • Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
  • I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
  • In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
I think it is clearly the best way to make a to-do list. My weekly list is essentially my dashboard for the week. Every Monday morning I spend a few minutes updating the previous map and it gets me on track for the coming week. I've not found the Gantt chart functions very user-friendly. It would be great to improve this.
When I am writing a grant or paper, I often start by brainstorming ideas onto a map. This eventually turns into an outline which lets me then open up a Word document with a clear direction. The ability to move things around is very important and a clear advantage over generating an outline within a word processing program.
My primary use is in project planning, idea generation and brainstorming with a priority of seeing the range of relationships and connections possible for prioritizing and managing projects and engaging in a process of innovation. MindManager is a core tool for our operation which I have used for over 20 years. Each annual update adds helpful tools that make it an even more effective planning and innovation tool.
  • Project planning
  • Idea generation
  • Problem solving
  • Decision making
  • Consider broadening the template options
  • Bring back, as an option the older branching structure
  • Continue to increase the video training library
  • Consider integrating with Markdown as an option
Great for project planning tied to daily operations, as well as medium and long term visioning. MindManager serves as an effective brainstorming and idea generation that aids in planning, problem solving, and timely decision making. MindManager also provides a creative way to do daily work, and to think in the bigger picture for strategic planning. It is not as effective with substantive knowledge management.
MindManager has been a great tool for developing presentations and providing specific examples in the tool, while also providing a range of creative design options, which has been an effective way to memorize what is being presented. Some of the tools allow for prioritizing steps in project completion, with the option of creative colors and formatting, which adds to the planning and creative process. Expanded content can also be easily linked to a text box.
July 31, 2021

MindManager review

We are using MindManager to map our taxonomy and share it with different teams. It is being used by our department, but the access is to all the departments across the organization. We are trying to develop a taxonomy for our next gen products. This taxonomy includes a lot of research and cross-team collaborations. We use MindManager to create maps of conversations.
  • Collaboration
  • Simple to use
  • Knowledge management
  • Better UI
  • Could have a chat feature
  • Cloud availability
MindManager is specifically helpful in creating taxonomy at an enterprise level. It is a good tool for collaboration as you can use different mind maps and brainstorm. This tool can also come in handy for keeping meeting notes and expanding on them later in further meetings. It will be very helpful in design and planning.
As a business analyst, I needed to work with different teams that spoke different languages such as SLTs would talk in business and product teams would talk in technical. MindManager helped create mind maps for both these different teams and collaborate to create a single map that would talk both languages and make it easier for other teams to consume.
MindManager is used within our project group to display system architectures and to capture and link requirements for complex systems. It has been used for planning work packages by linking dependencies between different aspects of the project or technology development and establishing task prioritization by making it clear which tasks and developments were needed for successful implementation.
  • Demonstrates interdependence of individual tasks and technologies.
  • Allows faster and clearer reorganization of linkages than a system like Microsoft Visio.
  • Improved integration to turn a collection of interdependent tasks into a Gantt Chart schedule.
MindManager has worked well for brainstorming sessions, breaking down a complex process into its interdependent components, and showing that all requirements of a system have been validated. It has been less effective when individuals on the team have tried to drive development processes and schedules solely through mind maps because it is difficult to allocate resource planning and quickly understand schedule health.
MindManager has helped in brainstorming sessions to understand the complexity and interdependence of the various complex systems and technologies that the team is developing. It has been most effective as a jumping-off point to start work on a new piece of development or when setting up an extensive document for requirements validation.
Mostly for mind maps to capture business needs to create requirements. There are people who use it to track task activities related to these items.
  • Capture ideas as they are "discovered."
  • Relate items that may seem to be unrelated.
  • Go from the macro to the micro.
  • Most grief is the whole update process. Every year going through it makes me think there has to be a better product.
Great for getting all the details related to an outcome. Works from big to small. I don't think it would work well for small to big. I can have a concept and then go to what needs to be done, what features to include, who would we implement, etc.
It is a good way to bring a new leader on board. Our process can seem simple to an outsider and MindManager allows us to create a picture that shows all the touchpoints that make the process complex.
Miquiel Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager (MM) is not being used professionally in our organization (team-wise). However, I use it for process mapping, org charts, and other data-driven infographics to help the engineering supervisor, leads, and team operate more efficiently. MM is invaluable for working on the ECN process, mapping out projects, recording meeting minutes, and helping to distill information across an entire team and/or department.

MM solves several business problems, ranging from project management, project requirements, task management, meeting minutes, SharePoint mapping, presentations, documentation, and seeing the big picture and small picture. It provides executives, team leads, supervisors, and employees [a way] to assess a situation accurately, manage that assessment, and provide visual feedback to other employees.
  • MM is particularly suited for Corporate and Business Mapping because it taps into a person's visual understanding and its power to standardize learning and education is unparalleled.
  • MM is an all-in-one Productivity Tool, possibly the first of its kind. In its early days, it was cited as the sixth member of MS Office and that was a well-stated idea. Imagine being able to visually map out data and content, update it visually, exporting it to MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, interact with MS Outlook, and interact/work with MS Sharepoint? This is the perfect tool if you use Windows, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, or MS Outlook!
  • MM is a personal (Virtual) assistant for me, it allows me to focus on creative thinking, brainstorming, and ideation so I can compete in the Marketplace. I use it to create Worksheets and Cheat Sheets to remember data, crunch numbers, and assess any situation with the most informed decisions.
  • The only problem I see with MM is learning how to create Templates and change the "visual" aspects of how a map looks.
Well Suited - Presentations, Meeting Minutes, Gathering Project Requirements, Project Management, Documentation, Technical Writing, Scheduling, Sharepoint/Site Mgmt, Visual/Task integration with MS Outlook.
I benefit from organizing information, structuring content, and developing strategies.

I have used it for infographics, structuring data for an executive presentation, and many other scenarios.

I used it for building a presentation and corporate mock-ups for AT&T, Dell SecureWorks, Jabil, and Verizon.
MindManager is one of our most widely used products across the organisation. It is our primary product of choice for the various functions, including client consulting, project management, solutions brainstorming, work tracking, productivity management, etc.

The reason for its ubiquitous presence is that it provides a richly capable canvas for capturing and organising all forms of data that need some form of structured and yet, still fluid organisation. It has become popular with users due to its flexibility to support a diverse range of information management needs without requiring any preparation or complex setup.
  • Workshop capture and management: a fluid data capture tool that is unsurpassed for planning and recording information captured on the fly.
  • Content planning and organisation: the ability to develop large and complex output documents by beginning with an unstructured set of ideas that gradually take on shape and structure as you progress because of the ease in which you can reorganise your thoughts and information.
  • Ability to generate output in multiple formats: being able to generate output of maps in a range of formats including Word documents, drilldown maps, table-like structures, etc. means that there is always a way of disseminating the content of maps to any audience.
  • Native iOS application.
  • Reintroduction of the web-client to allow mapping via a web browser.
  • More comprehensive images library.
MindManager is the ideal tool for all fluid and free-flow information capture. Example scenarios:
  1. You can pre-build the structure of a map for a workshop so that you can 'fill in the blanks' in front of your client rather than having to spend unnecessary time creating the structure in situ. This is especially useful as it means you don't miss the capture of important details.
  2. Developing a large document is super-easy in MindManager as you can progressively add, prune and reorganise information via drag and drop. Being able to collapse any section of the map at will means you can visualise how the overall end result will look without having to spend time scrolling through 'irrelevant' sections.
The ability to dynamically visualise and structure information is central to what we do as an organisation.

We are a consulting organisation that spends most of its time working with clients to determine their business requirements and identify solutions to meet those requirements. When we run client-engagement sessions (such as workshops), we use pre-defined mind maps that contain the key components we intend to cover in a workshop. As a consultant delivers the workshop they are able to expand and collapse sections to ensure the client can focus on the current topic at hand and not get 'lost in the noise.'

During workshops clients will often want to reorganise their needs and requirements. The ability to move whole sections of maps is incredibly easier in MindManager thereby allowing the audience to see the immediate impact of such changes - something. you cannot do well with any other form of capture medium.

Furthermore, MindManager allows the capture of rich information within a map, beyond simple text which makes the experience for the audience even more compelling. Some examples of this include:
  • The ability to attach documents such as PDFs and images in a map to ensure all relevant collateral is available directly as needed.
  • The ability to capture tasks, such as follow-up actions you want to assign to a workshop attendee.
We use MindManager in a variety of situations: brainstorming, note taking, process design generation, process design refinement, survey design, etc. etc. It is used across our organization by all our creative professionals. It is our go to tool for thinking individually as well as collaboratively - we use it to design and facilitate conversations with our clients and partners.
  • It helps us organize our thinking both individually and collectively.
  • It allows us to signify (vote up/vote down) key pieces of our thinking and to negotiate the categorizations that we might apply
  • The ease of use and the ability to make changes on the fly in real-time allows us to keep the conversation flowing at a pace that keeps everyone engaged - super low friction
  • I confess that MindManager already has way more functionality than I use so there are no shortfalls in my experience. Perhaps one area would be the format painter? Sometimes I find that a bit finicky.
  • Linking branches on a map is sometimes a bit clunky - I find it difficult to manipulate the handles on the connectors.
  • I'm just nitpicking now...fundamentally I have no cons to offer.
I recommend MindManager to all of my clients, students, and partners. When they see how I use the tool in a live demonstration and can see how it supports the work flow and conversation, they want to try it for themselves. I have recommended MindManager to more than 40 or 50 people in the last 2-3 years.
<div>Here are three specific examples:</div><div><ol><li>Scoping and bounding a client engagement over the course of several conversations - often our clients are only able to give us time in 20-30 minute segments, and we need to maintain continuity over those meetings. We have scoped out complex client engagements using MM as the visual continuity tool with the client.</li><li>Designing public consultations - MM has helped us track the key stakeholders that must be engaged and their interests in focus. It has helped us maintain the scope of the consultation and determine formats/techniques for each target audience.</li><li>End of Project Debriefs - we use MindManager for our lessons learned. We recently ran a lessons learned session in less than a quarter of the usual time taken by using a smart prompt and a simple MM template to support content capture.<br></li></ol></div>
Jeffrey Berman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently the only MindManager user at our organization. I use it for all of my meeting notes, project management and process planning. When presenting to colleagues I use it instead of PowerPoint. After presentations I share the HTML version for users to reference.

I am able to link to all of my disparate data/files related to a project, for easy retrieval on-demand. Others in the organization have many different tools for project management, strategic planning etc., but MindManager brings everything into one workspace for me.

I've tried to use MindManager for task management, but the tools are not fully matured to compete with Jira/Trello, Microsoft Planner. The introduction of Kanban boards is a good first step, and I look forward to continued development in the area of the application. It would be great to keep all of my project management in one application!
  • Organizing & reorganizing ideas into actionable plans: the mapping workflow makes it incredibly easy to get ideas onto the page, and then group or reorganize topics.
  • Integration with Outlook: calendar items are fully linked and searchable. I use the Resource list to find notes related to a specific person instantly, even years in the past!
  • Smart filters by tags, icons or label: instantly filter down to specific types of information using a nearly limitless variety of word or icon tags.
  • Task roll-up: quickly see progress on multi-step projects.
  • Kanban view: needs more work to compete with establish task management apps.
  • Cross-map dashboards, to collect specific markers together on master map.
  • Flowcharting capabilities: still hard to use for formal flowcharts compared to other tools (e.g. Lucidchart).
  • Tech support response time: it took a very long time to get technical support on a recent ticket.
Well suited for all business planning: strategic, project and brainstorming. I have not used MindManager collaboratively, so I don't know how well it works across multiple team members for project management. Groups always appreciate when I run meeting or presentation in MindManager: all types of employees naturally understand the mapping workflow, although some prefer when I use the Outline View when I share notes.

I use MindManager to successfully manage large projects, from initial ideation and scoping, to discovery and requirements, and to follow the project through to completion and retrospective. Budgets are easy to track inside the app, but the specific day-to-day tasks are usually handled in other applications, leaving the higher-level (milestones) to be tracked in MindManager. I haven't been able to replicate the flexible of applications specifically designed for task management inside MindManager.
Our cloud data initiative, is a massive project, encompassing data governance, culture and technology across the organization. MindManager allows us to plan and share our vision with all staff levels, from c-suite to front line staff, by showing only relevant details for each audience. We are able to focus on high level topics, and drill down on the fly to a very granular level when needed.

For technical process documentation, MindManager's ability to link to external documents allows us to create a comprehensive knowledge base, accessible to all staff and external partners without a license, using the HTML export!
July 08, 2021

Great

Rosemary Hershey | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole company for layout of ideas, setting goals, broadening creativity, visual confirmation of product planning, growth and accountability. We may start the map asking a question as the main topic. Example, "How can I use 80/20 principle to lose weight?" And from that topic, branch out into subtopics, etc. etc. that offer options and solutions.
  • Captures creativity and creates a feedback loop.
  • Ideas on MindManager canvas help organize thinking and planning and implementation. It makes the whole of any project digestible and manageable.
  • Process documentation for product creation clarifies the Who, What, When, Where and Why so our output is quality consistent and value driven for our clients.
  • Personal satisfaction ranks high when using MindManager for any occasion.
  • I would like to see more instructional videos for new users because when I first began, the beginner videos were not that great and not that many.
  • A paid help hotline for users who want that personal help option to answer specific questions. Even if you limited the questions to one a week, it would be a great option to offer.
  • You had that service a long time ago but I don't believe you have it any longer.
Specifically well suited for outlining the writing of a new book.
Specifically well suited for setting up an online course for clients.
Well suited for planning any project either personal or business.
Less suited for accounting, banking, more rigid types of work.
MindManager is tremendously helpful to me because I can see what I write in its totality in one place. A One page MindManager Map might become a 100 page ebook or a 6 week training course. All the topics and subtopics in one Map has helped me produce several ebooks on Amazon has sparked new ideas for new publications and courses.
Over the years, I've used MindManager for everything from creating market research reports to eLearning course development and website design. It is simply the most intuitive and logical way to organize information visually and it's become a critical tool in my outlining and writing process. It makes it a breeze to move chunks of information around spatially as a body of written work develops. I won't take on a writing project without it.
  • Visual outlining of information.
  • Moving and reorganizing information as the project evolves.
  • Flexible export formats.
  • Backwards compatibility after exporting.
  • Document comparison for easy updates and edits after export.
  • More outlining and numbering options when exporting.
Best suited for ANY writing project, especially when organizing information and outlining.
Maybe not best suited for spreadsheet work?
MindManager has made it possible for me to develop an internal website for Nike, write biofuel handling manuals, produce market research reports, and develop college-level eLearning courses, among other things. It has simply opened a realm of possibilities for creativity and professional development. It absolutely should be a tool in everyone's professional resource kit.
Pascal Gambardella | TrustRadius Reviewer
I extensively use MindManager in my work as a modeler and trainer. For example, I use it to create and publish concept maps and trainings. A recent feature is the ability to publish interactive mind-maps.
  • Creating mind maps and concept maps.
  • Providing an extensive set of templates to create different diagrams for many situations (e.g., strategic, project, and knowledge management).
  • Publishing maps that are accessible to anyone.
  • Ability to link maps.
  • Adding internal and external graphics to maps.
  • Ability to turn off auto-connection when topics in a free-form map get too close.
  • A more extensive internal graphics library.
  • Add a "causal loop diagram" template. It is a feedback diagram in System Dynamics.
Well-suited uses: brain-storming, creating knowledge maps, managing projects, etc. I use it to manage most of my personal information. However, I can only use it on my PC. Evernote is better at capturing information from the web using multiple platforms (PC, ipad, iphone). MindManager can help organize the concepts collected for articles and books.
People have complemented the material on my Resources Maps page and my System Dynamics page. Meetings have gone well when we used MindManager to collect information or brainstorm.
Harjit Singh, MS, MBA, PMP, CSM, LSSBB, ITILv4 | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is the vehicle through which I transfer knowledge to my students very effectively. I use this tool not only to develop class lectures but I also use it for classroom discussions, brainstorming, and collaboration. MindManager allows me to develop interactive classroom activities very effectively for enhanced learning of my students.
  • Brainstorming
  • Root Cause Analysis
  • Project Planning
  • Knowledge Sharing
  • More capabilities for project schedule management
  • Project portfolio management
  • Integration with SharePoint and MS Project
MindManager is great tool for project planning and task management. It is also very well suited for creating impressive dashboards quickly for management reporting, status tracking, and collaboration. It is a one-stop-shop for visual overview of detailed information. I think it is also a very effective and easy to use tool for project management. Plus, it is fun to use.

MindManager may be less appropriate to some extent in large complex projects but it can still add significant value if used along with other tools for management of complex large projects.
I love MindManager. I use it to develop my classroom lectures, develop/conduct interactive group activities, conduct brainstorming, for collaboration, create stunning visual dashboards, manage tasks, map processes, managing knowledge, manage documents, develop organization charts, plan projects, performing root cause analysis, generate ideas, develop outline (blueprint of research papers and books), develop book summaries, and a lot more.
Chetana Kakade | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is being used across the whole Organization. It helps in planning the projects and helps us see where the project is heading. It is well structured and is user friendly. I need not take any course to learn MindManager. It explains and gets explored itself while using it.
  • Mind Manager is very well structured.
  • It is user friendly and gets explored when used.
  • The color and line effect adds to visual effects.
  • Can add more icons.
  • Make the above Ribbon smaller.
  • Make the play area bigger.
I develop Database for my Organization. It helps me a lot in planning the tables along with its primary and foreign keys. I also use this software in planning the project. It helps me visualize the next steps and helps me planning see the project running ahead. The curved lines make it more useful while connecting different parts of the project segments.
May 19, 2021

Great product

I am a solo practitioner, but I have shared MindManager maps in consulting projects with clients and consultant partners
  • Organize a lot of information easily.
  • Track and organize website research.
  • Graphically portray information to others.
  • Create outlines for writing long complicated documents.
  • Tag information on MindManager Snap.
  • Ability to print portions of maps.
  • Better (targeted and short) training videos and training opportunities.
  • Better Help feature.
I recommend it all the time.
I am using MindManager to create Taxonomies for Pharmaceutical and Finance companies. It is quick and easy to use. I use the software in workshops with the clients and it produces amazing results. I use it also on a daily basis to organize my thoughts for the day. I cannot stress how much this has helped the creative process.
  • Organizes thoughts
  • Creates amazing visualizations.
  • Powers the brainstorming process.
  • I like the software as it is.
Taxonomies, Brainstorming, Process Flows, Organization, Filtering, and General goodness.
I am able to quickly create impressive visualizations for my clients. My clients benefit from the organization that the tool brings to the table.
We have used MindManager within our department to produce process flowcharts, process planning, project management, and notetaking. We found that it boosts productivity by allowing everyone involved in a project to collaborate as it has tight integration with MS Office and other business tools such as Microsoft Teams. It takes less effort to use compared to other tools and it was a great tool that we used to collectively gain visualization of our projects and processes.
  • Great to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, processes, workloads, etc) and gives you a full picture of the job.
  • It is user friendly, simple to use, and powerful.
  • MS Office and Teams integration is great. Allows for easy collaboration.
  • Great GUI and visuals
  • Excellent method for project planning and brainstorming
  • It can be difficult to print your mind map in a font that is large enough to easily read.
  • Certain features for first-time users are a bit daunting and there is a slight learning curve.
  • The help options can be enhanced.
I like how user-friendly MindManager is for someone who has learned how to use the program. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MindManager does it right the first time without any issues. It is also visually perfect, very intuitive, and offers all features you might need. MindManager produces really sharp and professional maps that can be used on screen shares and presentations without any hesitation. It is suited well for organizing personal projects and tasks. I use it to manage most of my personal information when not doing departmental projects and tasks.
MindManager has a good number of templates that one can use to easily create flowcharts, organization charts, and workflow processes. There are also a good number of built-in icons and images in the repository that can be added to flowcharts. We used to use a Microsoft product to conduct the same work and it took a significant amount of time to produce. While exploring MindManager, we were quite impressed with how much time was saved using the program and also adding added features such as collaboration.
A team can collaborate on the same project but cannot create a shared project file. It would be helpful for that feature to be added.
In this organization, MindMapper is used for network diagramming, applying the hierarchical and graphical nature of a mind map to research new products and developing new ideas. This software is used by small research groups to aid in brainstorming problems and building on ideas to determine solutions while brainstorming together, ensuring that everyone’s ideas are heard and recorded in a logical, easy-to-absorb manner.
  • Interface is ideal for summarizing ideas and knowledge.
  • Cross-platform compatibility allows teams in different areas with different hardware to collaborate.
  • Information can easily be updated when necessary.
  • Users had trouble assigning due dates to tasks.
  • Free alternatives like Lucidchart and Pinboard are available.
MindMapper can be the complex hierarchy of a company's matrix management. Not only does it easily create data flow charts, complex organograms, flow diagrams, and data flow diagrams, MindMapper can import information directly, live, from Excel sheets or Access databases, making the diagrams functional and current. This organization is currently using this software to monitor network status across a localized broadband system. MindMapper is available to Windows and Mac users, compared to Visio which is Windows-only. Software is expensive when compared to other applications available. For an organization with limited budget options, this may not be the ideal choice.
I appreciate the functionality to rearrange ideas visually and draw connections between related concepts or activities graphically. With ordinary text outlines, dynamic interconnections between ideas are lost. Readers have to imagine them. This application is very visual and you can use it to present, which will delight and astound your stakeholders.
Used within Enterprise Sales to map organizational charts, develop sales campaigns and strategies. Collaboration tool used with team members to organize the account information, like to external web sites, LinkedIn profiles, Google Drive documents, reports, and Salesforce opportunity records and keep everything in a single map.
  • Easily links external sources on contacts such as LinkedIn profiles, published articles etc. so that is quickly accessible and all in one place.
  • When learning new players in the org, MindManager is the fastest tool I have found to move people around in the org chart, put in topic buttons to call attention to "red flags" in a visual way. Also very easy to link people in a "power base" who are not directly in someone's reporting chain.
  • Easy to brainstorm ideas with team members, and share the link out to the team. Brings the white board session easily to the Zoom meeting and so much better than using static documents like PowerPoint, etc.
  • I find formatting a challenge. Example, make all the boxes the same format and fonts so when you add a box, it understands the format of the top level box.
  • I have played around with some of the templates but find creating my own each time is better route. The project plan template is very good but I find myself deleting boxes and again, takes more time than creating a new map every time.
  • I try to get colleagues to use MM but they are intimidated by the UI. I am really comfortable with it but to them it can look more complex than it really is.
Love the org charting, linking external documents, web pages, salesforce opportunities all in a single place. When their profile changes on LinkedIn you never have to go back and update your org because it is live linked to the map.

I like to use it to capture meeting notes and organize my next steps. I can link MS or Google docs right into the sheet, with all the data in a live map.

I used MindManger when I onboarded to a new position to organize the training topics, and add live links into materials I knew I would one day want to revisit. This made it easy for me to have all my onboarding and training information organized and available without digging through a Shared Google Drive or a sales enablement tool. I save great PowerPoints into this map for future reference too!
Demo flow: Organized the flow of a custom demo, linking value props and feature positioning. Allowed me to easily develop my presentation script once the flow was agreed upon. Saved time and the team was aligned visually while fully documenting along the way.

Territory Planning: Organize top targets into A/B/C accounts. Easily link customer case studies or proof points with the map. Easy to update as the territory builds out without recreating in a static document. I export map portions into PPT and share with leadership.