HR manages the systems centrally from global headquarters in the US. We …
Individual goal setting (32)
Performance tracking (32)
Review reminders (32)
Review status tracking (30)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Saba TalentSpace, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Saba offers an organically built cloud-based talent management suite — Saba TalentSpace™ — that promises to reinforce and drive higher employee performance across all talent programs — whether that is recruiting, performance management, learning and development, succession planning or compensation.
TalentSpace provides end-to-end, fully integrated applications that were designed to organically support optimal employee performance. The vendor says each module works together to streamline talent management operations, while also aligning a company's workforce with their business strategy. The software offers industry-specific solutions to address the unique requirements and challenges of mid-size companies in healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Fully featured, TalentSpace is a comprehensive performance management software offering a consistent and user-friendly interface. The vendor says its powerful, yet simple-to-use solutions are used by organizations that want to build a world-class workforce that is aligned, inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results.
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Subordinate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Manager note taking
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Instant, social feedback and recognition: Use Feedback Central™ to capture in-the-moment coaching tips, feedback and recognition from managers, peers, HR teams. Convert emails into feedback entries and share feedback anytime, anywhere using your mobile phone or tablet.
- Supported: Detailed employee appraisals: Managers have quick fingertip access to all the information they need — from feedback, results from self-evaluations, multirater assessments and past appraisals, talent profiles, employee goals and development plans, to Halogen 1:1 Exchange™ meeting minutes. TalentSpace Performance comes with nearly 5,000 preconfigured performance comments and coaching tips to modify, or you can create your own.
- Supported: Competency management: Easily evaluate your employees' demonstration of key competencies, build your competitive advantage and help define your culture — your way. Use our extensive competency library (which includes Lean competencies), yours, or one of the third-party libraries available with TalentSpace Performance.
- Supported: Goal management: With TalentSpace, link individual goals to the organizational goals they support, so employees have 20/20 vision into the value and relevance of their work. Then easily track and communicate progress on goals at every level
- Supported: Career and development planning: Create career and professional development plans as part of your employee performance management process whenever you identify a learning need. Tie development plans and activities directly to competencies, for greater context, or set them independently to support career aspirations and/or goal performance.
- Supported: Real-time reporting: You can also pinpoint the status of every appraisal, track progress on goals, identify development needs across the organization, compare and calibrate performance ratings, identify top performers and those at risk, and more.
- Oracle DMP (Bluekai)
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||50%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Halogen is easy to use, very good value for your money and can be configured without the help of an IT Department.
- Their Customer Support team is excellent and are always available 24/7 to help answer questions.
- Their implementations Team is excellent and makes your initial implementation go very fast.
- Track changes functionality is needed for goals and also job descriptions
- Manager notification if a goal is changed by an employee is needed
- Easier report functionality is needed.
- Easy-to-follow interface.
- Ability for customization.
- On-demand training.
- Offer add-on modules at a more affordable price point.
- Administrator features are cumbersome.
- Knowledgeable CS agents.
- Current software updates.
- I have been through numerous CS agents and account managers.
- The company was sold.
Using Halogen again helps us to convert paper processes into electronic ones improving accountability and compliance. All of this works to improve employee satisfaction and increased feedback and recognition.
- Feedback and recognition.
- Performance improvement.
- Performance management.
- Printing functionality.
- Form and language flexibility.
Some of the language within the forms cannot be changed unless you change the language in the entire system. So the more creative you become the system can become more restrictive.
I have changed company reps numerous times and have lost track. I had my first one for a long time and we even became friends. Since then mine changes almost 2-3 times a year. Not sure if it is because of the merger or what. Not sure how everything will work now that Cornerstone has purchased Saba.
- Easy to maintain and update.
- Easy for each HR Business Partner to track their own client group's activities and past performances.
- Easy to roll out company-wide processes at once and duplicate it for future years.
- Updates are focused on the wrong areas.
- Support has gotten very poor since becoming Saba. Almost impossible to get our CSM on the line and it seems to change monthly.
- Any add-ons cost a lot - even for features that should be included in the base package.
The big problem we have is that it makes things almost impossible to take OUT of the system. Good luck printing goals or moving them to a different place for reviewing. It doesn't happen too often but fundamental features within a Performance Management System are missing here.
- The form creator in the appraisal is very strong with many robust features.
- The LMS allows imports of SCORM 1.2, AICC and Tin Can.
- The newly designed dashboard is user-friendly and appealing to end-users.
- Offline adaptability.
- The LMS could use more AI or machine learning to reduce admin burden.
- Missing some sort of social collaboration tool.
- I think it's a great tool to keep evaluations uniform, by using a consistent format.
- It's great that you are able to see all your reviews from the past, so you can see how your evaluations were in the past and how you may want to change things for the future.
- It's pretty user friendly, you just fill in the spaces answer the questions or giving the descriptions that are asked of you. You don't have to be a computer tech to use it.
- I think some of the format could be paired down. While it is user friendly, there are some extra spaces and steps that could confuse a first time user. For example, some sections don't apply to my position, but they still show up on my evaluation. I know by now that I don't have to fill this out, but some people might be confused by this and wonder how to answer the question when it doesn't apply to them. (This probably may be with my company, however, as I'm not sure how much control they have over the format of the evaluations.)
- The goals space should be able to be ongoing, instead of needing an end date. Some goals my supervisor set are ongoing goals, so since they don't have an end date, it appears as if they are overdue on Halogen.
- It's really not that difficult to use. It just has a lot of extras I think that don't always get utilized. The option to hide some of those things (i.e. Learning Goals, or Development Goals) I think would be another improvement.
- The support line has been wonderful, especially as I initially learned to navigate the complexities of the product.
- Champions HQ is a wonderful way to connect with other administrators and learn more effective ways of using the product to support our organization.
- The product is very robust and hasn't been intuitive for our end users, or back end users to figure out. The biggest issue we still have after over 4 years of using this product is how to launch a course. End users click on the underlined title of the course expecting the course to launch but instead get a course description box. Its been very difficult for them to see and click the small round button that launches the course.
- One feature I miss (that a previous LMS had) is the ability to log into an employee's learning profile and withdraw them from several classes at once. I have to load each course, search through the list of participants and withdraw the employee from each course.
- Since Halogen has merged to become Saba, I noticed that people on the support line seem more rushed to find a solution (any solution) for the issue I have and I often feel rushed off the call.
- 1:1 meeting module allows our managers to have frequent performance conversations with their employees. Previously this was done once a year.
- Goals Module allows the employees to have transparency on how their individual goals impact the corporate goals.
- Development plans allow employees to stay focused on the skills development they need and also help them with their career planning and growth.
- A separate test environment
- LMS can be more user friendly
- Expand the use to allow it to handle mentoring programs.
- The reminders are great, therefore, keeping you on track.
- Completing the appraisal through the stages is a smooth transition.
- The capability of being able to redirect an appraisal back to a manager or employee to complete is awesome.
- Resource center has great information.
- The reports have room for improvement. Being able to access reports without having to go into the process detail would be efficient.
HR manages the systems centrally from global headquarters in the US. We use it for our annual performance review process, goal setting, and development plans. We utilize the learning feature across departments (compliance, safety, and IT) and in launching live webinars, classroom sessions, and e-learnings.
- Searchable Catalog for Learning - this allows our employees to search for learning that applies to their development goals. They have a catalog feature we were make sure each language has a substantial amount of courses so our global employees can take advantage of e-learning, etc as well.
- Performance and Development Connection - my linking performance management and development goals this becomes a seamless process for our employees
- Customer Support - we love the Halogen Champions platform where there are fun challenges and learning opportunities about the system.
- Reporting - could be more concise and clear. Our managers and leaders struggle on pulling reports for their employees.
- User-Friendly - on learning control center side (for learning administrators) the interface is not that intuitive and takes a while to get used to.
- Prompts are not intuitive.
- TalentSpace is great at providing Administrative Training so that your administrators really understand the backend of processes
- TalentSpace has a user-friendly platform for completing performance reviews and clearly lays out all steps in the process and their due dates -- the reminders are also very helpful.
- From an administrator point of view, until you are used to using the back end of processes, setting them up can be cumbersome as there are so many options to utilize, you can easily miss things that would be a benefit to you just from not realizing they are available.
- It would be helpful if there was a way to upload documents -- we had some people not meet the deadline last year who will not have goals from the past year to utilize in the system when we open the process this year.
- Performance Reviews
- Compensation Module
- End User experience for TalentSpace
- Learning is definitely Halogen's weakest arena. It is somewhat difficult to navigate and interact with.
- The back end of admin is clunky and dated.
- Set up for a form/appraisal
- Per-filled/customizable answers
- Able to compare previous years
- Customization to the home page
- Learning can be more intuitive (please upgrade more like Saba)
- Easier customization to forms
It is being used across the whole organization for our staff-level positions.
The business problems that it addresses is training needs and feedback needs for our employees.
- It is a tool that promotes continuous feedback.
- I like that Halogen has a lot of different processes that can be used for any stage of the Human Resources lifecycle like onboarding, performance, compensation, etc.
- The functionality of the system definitely needs to be improved. For example, just from looking at Saba Cloud it looks like it is a more well-rounded system that is more modern than Halogen is.
- The learning curve of Halogen is one of the cons of the system. Anytime we have someone come onboard with our HR team, it takes a long time for someone to become comfortable with the system.
- Customer Service should be easy to be reached. Chat features, more responsiveness from Client Success Managers, etc.
- We are able to complete our monthly safety compliance requirements by creating our learning courses in the LMS.
- We use the 1:1 sessions to record followup on outstanding topics and compliment one another on outstanding job performance.
- We use the 360 multirater to get additional perspective from those in our company for annual reviews.
- I would like to see the performance review document to actually be an online process instead of it looking like a paper document. It seems antiquated.
- It would be a huge benefit if we could add some of the functionality and/or features from SABA to Halogen if we chose to. It is a shame to have the companies merge and not be able to use all of the benefits of both.
- 1:1 is fantastic
- Learning content is easy to upload and manage.
- The performance module is great, but it can be challenging to train on.
- 1:1s are very functional
- Feedback can be great - we use it to deliver training snippets.
- As an administrator of our processes, I love Halogen's support team. I call on them often leading up to and during a process. In the rare case that they can't resolve my problem right away, they work on it quickly to get back to me with a solution.
- Halogen has a robust feature set and is highly customizable. It can be overwhelming to a process administrator the first time through (if the process is complex), but it's nice to know the platform can do just about anything I ask of it.
- The user interface has gotten a lot nicer in the past few versions. That's important as our users are shifting more toward mobile devices.
- The flip side of such a robust platform is learning curve for administrators. If you have a complex process, it can take many hours and mistakes for the process to get set up just right and executed smoothly. If the organization isn't patient, or if the administrator can't focus on running a complex process, it may be hard to maximize the investment from the people side.
- Their Support Team is amazing
- They offer a wide variety of modules
- Performance management is their niche
- I think an updated reporting tool would be beneficial
- How Saba can help more of the mid to lower size companies
- Halogen is very customizable and it allows for the possibility of utilizing processes in creative ways.
- I like the integration of feedback with appraisal processes.
- Halogen also allows for creating development plans that leverage many of its components.
- I would like to see the eLearning platform be more robust and user-friendly.
- I would like to see other types of processes available.
- It would be great to be able to categorize the documents import area.
- It's customizable
- Support is readily available if you are stuck at a process
- Great training provided
- More training for administrators as this product is very extensive
- Users need to have basic knowledge of HTML knowledge
- Technical support is great. They generally know what they're talking about and are available 24 hours a day.
- They're quick to help you understand what upgrading to the next version will do for you, and want you to get the most out of your product.
- Reporting is a bit clunky and took some getting used to.
- You can get pretty in-the-weeds quickly with some of the processes. It's a catch-22. It's nice to have a feature to change/adjust so much, but it's easy for a new user to get confused by everything.
- First and foremost, the support is outstanding.
- Halogen maintains a great audit trail within the software that tracks each process and individual interaction.
- Halogen listens to their customers. Unique requests or concerns are helpful in forward thinking and the continual evolution of the product.
- I am always looking to see more functionality for professional services clients. Tremendous changes in the last few upgrades that address multiple managers rather than just direct-line reporting.
- The tracking aspect of determining what status a performance appraisal is in for each employee is very useful.
- The ability for anyone in the organization to provide feedback to another co-worker using the Feedback Central Halogen link in Outlook is truly great.
- It is also nice, from the administrator side, to be able to set up a New Years evaluation process for every employee and know that the process will be tracked and started based on the time frame that we have established upfront.
- The navigation from the administrator side is not the most intuitive feature. Some of the programming is very different from other similar software suites that have been used in the past, there is a great learning curve.
- I wish there were greater connectivity capabilities between Halogen Talent Space and our HRIS system. It would make data integration much less work, and easier to do throughout the year when we add staff to our headcount.
- Great customer service!
- Easy setup for reviews
- Able to customize reviews to meet our needs
- There are some technical glitches that we run into from time to time.