November 21, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We use ShoutOut as a way to manage our influencers and track their performance from a sales standpoint and also pay some of the affiliate commissions. Initially, we were using Commission Junction and weren't getting enough sales revenue out of it to justify the expense. This isn't necessarily a CJ flaw, but more of our problem. Most of the affiliates and influencers were are using to promote our brand aren't traditional affiliates and, indeed, are not very tech-savvy. Most of them still don't even have any clue on how to embed tracking code into their posts on Instagram. So ShoutOut allows us to focus on mainly providing them with a coupon code to track sales that they generate. The system has been really solid for us and easy to use.
- Great for simple, not very tech-savvy influencers or affiliates.
- Ties in seamlessly to Shopify Plus, which is a must for our organization.
- Simple dashboard, easy to manage affiliates.
- Not a vast network of affiliates to choose from if you need them to facilitate that side of your business.
- Sometimes the tracking by coupon code doesn't seem to work correctly, and the numbers don't match up with what we see on the backend of our Shopify numbers.
- Could make it easier to add creatives and deep linking for affiliates.
If you are mainly using Instagram influencers to promote your business, ShoutOUT works excellent for that. Most of those influencers aren't very tech-savvy, so giving them a coupon code to track their sales and commission them off of that seems to work well. The mass payout feature is pretty simple to use as well, but I wish that you didn't have to do it on a 1-on-1 basis.
Read this authenticated review
We only had to use it once, but they got back to us very quickly and helped us solve the issue that we had. So, ShoutOUT support is batting 1000% in our book, but that is only 1 out of 1 and may not be enough of a sample size to verify that they are as good as we think.