SendPulse

• Email deliverability reporting (24)
  • Mobile optimization (13)
  • Dynamic content (13)
  • WYSIWYG email editor (13)
    6.5

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SendPulse, and make your voice heard!

What is SendPulse?

SendPulse is an integrated messaging platform providing user communication that includes emails, SMS, web push, SMTP, and user management.. This solution includes 15,000 free emails with up to 2,500 subscribers per month.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://sendpulse.com/prices

What is Sendinblue?

Sendinblue is a cloud-based marketing communication software which performs tasks related to managing marketing automation, email campaigns, transactional emails, and SMS messages. It is designed to be an all-in-one-tool for all digital marketing needs.

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign integrates email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software into one platform designed for small businesses.

Email & Online Marketing

Reporting & Analytics

What is SendPulse?

SendPulse is an integrated messaging platform providing user communication that includes emails, SMS, Web Push, SMTP and more. This solution includes 15,000 free emails per month. SendPulse also includes tools to manage users. This solution can be used on all devices.

SendPulse Features

Reporting & Analytics Features

• Supported: Dashboards
  • Supported: Standard reports
  • Supported: Custom reports

• Supported: Create and Send HTML emails with our simple drag and drop editor or use existing templates
  • Supported: REST API gives engineers full control and endless managing capabilities
  • Supported: SMTP server is used to send email messages from any of your online-projects fully integrated with CRM, CMS and other systems
  • Supported: WEB PUSH lets you instantly reach your users when they are on their device with updates
  • Supported: Send SMS messages to your users with instant discounts, confirmations, and offers

SendPulse Screenshots

Screenshot of Desktop versionScreenshot of Mobile application for iPadScreenshot of Mobile application for Android

SendPulse Integrations

SendPulse Competitors

SendPulse Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Mailchimp, GetResponse, and Constant Contact are common alternatives for SendPulse.

Reviewers rate Ability to test dynamic content and A/B testing and Dashboards highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of SendPulse are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Education Management industry.

Compare with

One of our clients (a restaurant that also ships some products nationwide) uses it for their email marketing. It was my first and only experience using the software, but I have used many other email marketing software over the years, and I just wasn't very impressed with the features that were provided, integrations, or email design/customization abilities.
  • Good for basic email marketing
  • User friendly UI
  • Affordable for small businesses
  • Integrations with other software
  • Email design and customization
  • Automation
SendPulse is average priced compared to its competitors, so not the most expensive by any means but also not the cheapest for what I feel is its target audience, which is a small business that wants something easy to set up and doesn't need advanced features since it lacks in things like integrations, automation, etc.
Zachariah King | TrustRadius Reviewer
We produce a monthly online magazine. As a a result we like to regularly communicate with our readers and in particular, let them know about new content on our website and when a new issue of the magazine is out.

We have a large mailing list of subscribers and new subscribers monthly. Managing this database (new subscriptions and people unsubscribing) and easily sending communication to our readers can be challenging. Using traditional emailing programs such as Outlook and Thunderbird just becomes impossible once you go over a few thousand emails at a time. Sending large amounts of emails from such programs will also quickly result in getting listed as spam.

Making use of SendPulse has helped us manage our database of subscribers (and create different sub sections within our mailing list) and helps us create eye pleasing emailers. It has been saving us time and effort.
  • Add and remove subscribers (eg. allowing recipients to click to unsubscribe).
  • Creating specific subsections of mailing lists.
  • Scheduling of mail campaigns.
  • Speedy design (Create emails with a pleasing design).
  • Replication of previous designs and campaigns.
  • Adding in all the legally required footers and info (to keep you compliant with international laws.
  • The editor took me a little while to get used to (but now it is second nature).
  • I find that the "default view" of many email programs (like thunderbird or outlook) when receiving an email will turn images used into just the text of the image file name (true with any emailing program) this means you have to just be smart about how you label your pictures (alternative text and file names) and your design layout. Use the preview function and send test emails from SendPulse to check how your mailer will look.
  • There could be an easier way to quickly switch between how mails will look (preview) on different devices (eg. computer, mobile, tablet).
If you have to send several thousand emails to a bunch of different people on your mailing list (and want to customise fields from your database like: Hi 'Mr X' or 'Hi Jane') and want to do it quickly then SendPulse can help.

If you are not fantastic with coming up with fresh looks and layout for mailers and want a program that makes suggestions to make life easier, then SendPulse can help.

If you want to send an email campaign that is very similar to your last one but just want to tweak one or two things then SendPulse can help.

If you want to send reminder emails or emails to segments of your mailing list who did or did not open your email or click on links in your email then SendPulse can help.
In my organization this software is being used by various departments. Primarily, it is being used by the Marketing department. They use this wonderful software for communicating various promotional offers regarding our products and services to our clients. I use it in my department for sending weekly newsletters to my clients.
  • One of the best features of this software is its user interface. I found it very intuitive.
  • It has sms feature also which is a great add-on to this software.
  • It has live chat support feature. And I find it very helpful when i find any technical problem.
  • I found some functionalities missing in Drag and Drop Editor. Creating a box inside a box is not possible in it.
  • Less number of pre-loaded templates. They should increase the number.
  • Initially it takes lot of time to approve emails.
In my department it is very well suited. It is one of the best application for sending weekly newsletters to my clients. I use it to send important market information to my clients on a regular basis. The kind of templates it provides me I fill with adequate information for my clients. It also allows me to present that information in a very organised manner.
This software is being used by Sales, Marketing and Customer Relationship Department of my organization. Marketing department uses it for sending newsletters and promotional email to our customers. And sales department uses one of its integrated service for communication with their clients. It is being used by Customer Relationship Department for after sales service.
  • Its web interface is very easy to understand and easy to figure out its controls.
  • Its email list option automatically cleans all bad emails with syntax errors.
  • SMS integration is one of the best features of this software. We can do sms promotions along with email campaigns.
  • In the email editor they should include text separator. I can not put any separator between two lines in the same box. And sometimes the unavailabilty of this feature make my e-mails slightly less attractive.
  • They should include image editor in Drag & Drop Edition option so that users can edit their images there itself.
  • Campaign approvals take long time.
This application is very well suited for email promotions and transactional emails. The quality of its emails are very good. It creates good impression on the customers which helps to get more responses. Simultaneously we use SMS features also when we find that our customers are not reachable to our emails. It helps us to connect with the clients instantly.
In my organisation, this software is being used by sales and marketing department. For promoting real estate project I use this software. It is being used to send various newsletters to my client to inform them about various offers.
  • Setting up user accounts on this software is extremely easy. A non technical user can also create an account here very easily.
  • Its campaign editor is full of useful features like drag and drop, which makes it easy to design email campaigns.
  • Post campaign analysis is very comprehensive. It gives complete feedback for the campaign.
  • Unavailability of email list validation. They should integrate this feature for cleaning database.
  • Less number of categories for pre-designed templates.
  • It's API functionality is very complicated. They should make it easy.
It is very well suited for generating quality leads for real estate projects. It works well for transactional emails also. By attaching a link for landing page users can get the traffic on their websites also. It helps in brand building.
As the head of sales and marketing department I use this software along with my team. I basically use it to inform our customers about ongoing real estate news and upcoming real estate investments.Sometimes I use it to generate quality leads for business revenue. With various integrated applications of this software I am able to filter out my current data which can be utilize for future marketing activities.
  • I feel its User Interface is one of the strengths. It is very simple to operate. It is not necessary for any user to have good knowledge of newsletters design or e-mailer design to make a good and informative e-mail design on this software.
  • Its technical ability to send user's campaign to customer's Inbox is something which one can rely on. Its deliver-ability is almost 100 percent.
  • It gives detailed analysis of any campaign. And this feature is very necessary for any software to help its users to understand the outcome of that email activity. SendPulse is awesome in this feature. It gives you detailed statistics to analyse your campaign. Users can download these statistics in PDF and Excel format also.
  • I like its Drag and Drop function to design e-mailers but it lacks in some functionalities. Foe example when I write two different contents in a same box I need a line to show separation between my contents in the same box but this feature is unavailable in SendPulse.
  • They should include more fonts. Every product or service needs different kind of fonts to make a right impact on customers. With limited option of fonts it restricts user's creativity.
  • It is good to have templates to give users some idea for designing campaigns but here SendPluse has nothing much to offer. They have very limited number of templates.
It is very well suited for generating quality leads from your own data through e-mailers. Its SMS integration is very helpful to send SMS from the same software at the same time.
By implementing Push campaigns I can effectively communicate with my customers. When I want to give some small updates to my customers I give it through Push Notifications. It directly goes to customers devices.
Its integration of Viber is innovative but i find it less appropriate because of Viber's less usability.
Matt Martin (a.k.a-Muhathir Shams) | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SendPulse to connect and communicate with my subscribers and clients through newsletters.
  • SendPulse allows you to create a win-win situation when an email goes out, and avoid "spammy" situations with subscribers.
  • It is easy to use, create a template for a newsletter, create auto-responders, and create different unsubscribe pages.
  • I'd love to receive emails with best practices from other customers using SendPulse.
  • I'd love to see an integration of SendPulse with the Bloom plugin from Elegant Themes.
SendPulse allows us to connect with subscribers at the best time for each subscriber, which I haven't found anywhere else. What I mean is that if one of your subscribers reads emails at 8 am, and another one at 2 pm, SendPulse will automatically send emails at that time when you subscriber reads emails. This is fantastic to increase your open rate!
Rein Mahatma | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendPluse is being used across the whole organization for content and marketing. It helps us a lot by providing a great email marketing service, specifically in increasing our Click Through Rate (CTR), and also the open rate of our email by automatically (and easily) doing A/B tests with different subjects. The push notification system is also a great addition to get follow-up up information.
  • Very easy A/B Testing feature with subject
  • Push notification feature (love it!)
  • Great customer support
  • Artificial Intelligence feature!
  • More webinars or short (and concise) videos describing the features
If you have a problem with open rates, or maybe your database is not so responsive, Sendpulse is the best solution.
Audrey Sourroubille Arnold | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SendPulse to connect and communicate with my subscribers and clients through newsletter and educational emails. I also use it as CRM as you can add different fields into your subscribers' database, thus allowing you to have all information in one place, and use it to customise emails and communications.
  • SendPulse allows to connect with subscribers at the best time for each subscriber, which I haven't found anywhere else. What I mean is that if one of your subscribers reads emails at 8am, and another one at 2pm, SendPulse will automatically sends emails at that time when you subscriber reads emails. This is fantastic to increase your open rate!
  • It is easy to use, create a template for a newsletter, create auto-responders, create different unsubscribe pages.
  • It is easy to add any field you need to your CRM in SendPulse, so that you can target the people in your list more effectively.
  • Customer support is very fast and friendly (always a plus :-) ). I usually get an answer within 10 minutes to an hour to any question I have.
  • SendPulse allows to create a win-win situation when an email goes out, and avoid "spammy" situations with subscribers.
  • SendPulse has a great quality-price (have a look for yourself, but it's one of the cheapest on the market right now, and with the many features that are included, I personally find it's a steal)
  • I'd love a tutorial through videos showing how to make the most out of SendPulse. It's amazing and there are probably many functionalities I don't know how to use.
  • I'd love to see an integration where SendPulse goes to compile information available on subscribers from social media, like MailChimp does.
SendPulse is great if you want to connect with your list on a more personal basis, and making sure that your email reaches your subscriber when it is best for him/her. You can also use the SMS function (though I haven't used it yet). Let's say you have clients and want to send a message to them automatically on their birthday, SendPulse allows you to do that. It allows you to add in specific fields that are relevant to you, in order to customise your messaging as much as you want and need.
Every time I contacted the support team with a question or a problem, they were very fast in replying and helping me out solve it. Usually latest within 10 minutes I would receive a first answer, and the problem would get solved on the same day.
SendPulse is a great new email provider for your businesses. They have great pricing levels and tiers depending on what you are looking for for your business. The drag and drop features are really helpful when you are building custom templates.
  • Drag and Drop
  • Custom templates
  • Breadth of options
  • Integration with other apps and browsers
It is well suited for small business use.
Lana A. Dubinskiy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use sendpulse to communicate with our users. It allows us to quickly create notification, sales, and promotional emails without engineering involvement. Sendpulse helps us increase our user retention and makes it easy to reach our users on several communication channels.
  • The drag and drop email builder has been easy to use and is very intuitive. I like the flexibility of creating emails from scratch or using existing templates without coding.
  • The automated resend feature has been extremely helpful in increasing our open rate.
  • So far we have not had any issues.
If you do email marketing this product can save a lot of time and money over competitors.
Paul Shuteyev | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SendPulse for different purposes - starting with regular email campaigns and up to push notifications and smart processes for increasing open rate. It's not the only service we use for our email marketing needs, but it's definitely one of the most powerful ones. It was quite a simple decision to start using it because SendPulse contains all email marketing tools in one - starting with easy-to-use editors and templates, A/B tests and to SMS mailings, push notifications, and open-rate optimization mechanisms. That's not an ordinary set of features!
  • Email - all basic and advanced email marketing features (editor, templates, A/B testing, open-rate optimization and more).
  • SMS - that's a good addition to any direct marketing campaign. We use texting campaigns when we run local offers.
  • Push Notifications - it's totally free at SendPulse and that's a big plus.
  • Fast approval - of subscriber lists, send-from addresses, etc.
  • Support - sometimes it could be quicker (not better, but quicker).
  • Green interface - I don't think this color looks good for this type of software.
  • Content - I would like to see more researches and serious email marketing content.
SendPulse is extremely useful when you need a smart all-in-one tool for all your direct marketing channels - email, SMS, and push notifications. It's fun and easy to launch most of your marketing activities through a single tool. It saves time and money. Probably it's not that useful for complete newbies, that are just getting [thier] feet wet in email marketing.
December 20, 2016

Review of SendPulse

Ahmad Nabil | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using SendPulse to send emails to our client. It [works] smoothly and we aren't facing any problems. Plus, the technical support team is so cooperative.
  • It sends emails via multiple methods such as SMTP and direct send mail campaigns.
  • I don't have any idea about any improvements they need [as of] now.
[The] technical support team is so cooperative.