Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- It provides a good structure re timelines ie it's really clear how long you have to work on any given assignment, once accepted. You also receive handy reminder emails that your deadline is approaching in xx hours for instance.
- It's good for being able to access the brief and any ancillary notes/reports all in one location rather than have to deal with multiple emails and downloads from other sources. It's a bit like a one-stop shop for a journalist's brief/commissions.
- The set up for uploading content is well organised and helps in the planning stage for articles. The various sections required help ensure you stick tightly to the given brief.
- It would be useful to see historical versions of copy that you have uploaded rather than the latest, edited version.
- In some programmes the rules are a bit too prescriptive ie set word counts with not too much variance. Similarly, sometimes you have to almost 'shoe horn' key words into the copy in order to hit the number required. This can make the text sound repetitive and less creative journalistically.
- Not quite sure what the readability scores bring to the party?
It's great to get picked up by one client, following the recommendation of another too. It's almost like a networking site in this respect too, where companies get matched or paired with the right writers.
- Creating a lot of content quickly and efficiently
- Identifying new and important topics and content areas to explore
- Providing timely and helpful account service
- They run all content through their platform, which could use a UX upgrade and also they should consider not requiring clients to use their proprietary platform at all times
- They should improve capability with apps/mobile
In general, SkyWord has proven to be an adaptable company that I believe most brands could find a lot of value from.
Marketing objectives for our Skyword relationship:
- Drive organic search traffic
- Provide rich content for our social channels
- Create a library of rich content to support our ongoing CRM needs
- Enhance the online site experience by providing contextually rich information
- Be a companion and utility brand within our category
- Skyword truly acts as an extension of our marketing team, understanding our business and brand identity.
- Skyword, as a managed solution, is quite autonomous and requires very little resource support on our end.
- The quality of content and services from Skyword is top-notch. We never have to concern ourselves with their deliverables.
- No current cons or issues with their services and platform.
- Creating rich site content to drive organic traffic
- Complementing your ongoing customer relationship plans
- Maintaining rich content for email marketing programs
- Developing rich content that goes beyond just standard articles
- Expediting your content plans and creating at scale
- Global content needs
- Augmenting current content teams and needs with a third party vendor
Skyword Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Skyword?
The Skyword Platform is designed to make it easy to produce, optimize, and promote content at any scale. The platform serves as the technical infrastructure for the content marketing process, providing a space for ideation, editorial and review, publishing, amplification, and measurement. According to the vendor, the platform’s robust marketing calendar, integration with Google Analytics, pitching and RFP capabilities, and customizable workflows, allows marketers to create a sustainable process for brand storytelling, and reach new audiences through valuable content. The platform is available in 14 languages, 23 dialects, and 20 currencies.
Skyword Videos (9)
Watch Skyword's integration with Google Analytics™ combines Google Analytics data with the storytelling metrics native to Skyword’s platform. With this integration, Skyword gives its customers a holistic view of the health of their content and enables both marketers and publishers to optimize the quality of the stories they publish. Through this streamlined intelligence, users are better positioned to create content that will grow the brand’s audience and loyal base of customers.
Watch One video does not a content marketing program make. For your brand story to have a prevailing effect on the market, you must produce video consistently and at scale – and that requires a combination of savvy project managers and powerful technology. The Skyword Platform offers a single, unified space where your team can communicate and collaborate. From here, you can manage video content seamlessly from vision, to detailed (time-stamped) rough cut review, to publishing and measurement. Our services team can help support you in the process, whether you are producing animation, developing training videos, or reworking old content for new global audiences.
Watch What’s the trick to assembling a talented, committed team of content creators? First: a global pool of top-notch creatives. Second: a team of content strategists who can help you piece together those contributors—the heart and soul of your content strategy—and get important industry influencers on board. Third: a technology platform that streamlines management and payment processes. Trying to match writers in Buenos Aires, Beijing, and Moscow with strategy coming out of your Chicago headquarters? We’ve got you covered.
Watch The Skyword Marketing Calendar is built to align your strategy with the rest of marketing, and provide other teams across your organization visibility into your content marketing game plan. Preview your entire month at a glance, or highlight specific assignments to see even more detail. View and create assignments, RFPs, projects, and events. Capture activities such as marketing events, product launches, corporate announcements, paid media flights, conferences, as well as organizational milestones, and keep them organized within the Skyword Marketing Calendar. Ensure that stories are being assigned and published in support of your organization’s efforts for a more solidified brand experience.
Watch Spending more time tracking down documents and managing review cycles than creating content? It’s a common problem. The Skyword Platform was designed to streamline the process and bring visibility and clarity to everyone in the enterprise who has a stake in your project. At the same time, it is fully customizable to your approval processes. You can invite as many reviewers as you need to, at whatever point of development it makes sense for them to step in. Reviewers can make comments within the body of a shared text document, or as time-stamped comments on videos in progress. Everything stays in one place, and everyone stays sane.
Watch Your content needs to answer the questions that your audience is asking. Search engine optimization plays an important role in content strategy, and the SEO Scorecard on the Skyword Platform makes it a clear, simple process. When you assign keywords to a particular article, contributors must meet your SEO standards before they can send it out for review. You can even optimize content for search in local languages and locales.
Watch What happens to your carefully crafted stories after you create them? Do they move audiences to act in the ways you hoped they would? Or do they sit around collecting dust? We help make sure it’s the former. From the Skyword Platform, you can publish content to various social media platforms. You can even promote and track content performance directly from the Platform, so everything stays in one place. Take advantage of our partnership with content discovery services to distribute your content to the sites and social networks where your audience is.
Watch Authentic content that moves audiences on an emotional level requires knowledge of the intricacies of culture, local networks, and the market itself. Skyword’s pool of top creatives around the world can help you make headway quickly, avoid common mis-takes, and tap into spheres of influence you may otherwise miss. The Skyword Platform makes it easy to compensate contributors in local currencies — saving you time and re-sources and boosting your street cred with local teams.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Skyword Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||80%|
Skyword Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Skyword Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, Turkey, etc.|
|Supported Languages:||English, English US, English UK, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Turkish|