Reviews (1-4 of 4)
Review: "Skyword is a great one-stop shop for providing all of a contributor's needs for an assignment and aligns companies with the writers who have the appropriate expertise."
- It provides a good structure re timelines ie it's really clear how long you have to work on any given assignment, once accepted. You also receive handy reminder emails that your deadline is approaching in xx hours for instance.
- It's good for being able to access the brief and any ancillary notes/reports all in one location rather than have to deal with multiple emails and downloads from other sources. It's a bit like a one-stop shop for a journalist's brief/commissions.
- The set up for uploading content is well organised and helps in the planning stage for articles. The various sections required help ensure you stick tightly to the given brief.
- It would be useful to see historical versions of copy that you have uploaded rather than the latest, edited version.
- In some programmes the rules are a bit too prescriptive ie set word counts with not too much variance. Similarly, sometimes you have to almost 'shoe horn' key words into the copy in order to hit the number required. This can make the text sound repetitive and less creative journalistically.
- Not quite sure what the readability scores bring to the party?
It's great to get picked up by one client, following the recommendation of another too. It's almost like a networking site in this respect too, where companies get matched or paired with the right writers.
- Creating a lot of content quickly and efficiently
- Identifying new and important topics and content areas to explore
- Providing timely and helpful account service
- They run all content through their platform, which could use a UX upgrade and also they should consider not requiring clients to use their proprietary platform at all times
- They should improve capability with apps/mobile
In general, SkyWord has proven to be an adaptable company that I believe most brands could find a lot of value from.
Marketing objectives for our Skyword relationship:
- Drive organic search traffic
- Provide rich content for our social channels
- Create a library of rich content to support our ongoing CRM needs
- Enhance the online site experience by providing contextually rich information
- Be a companion and utility brand within our category
- Skyword truly acts as an extension of our marketing team, understanding our business and brand identity.
- Skyword, as a managed solution, is quite autonomous and requires very little resource support on our end.
- The quality of content and services from Skyword is top-notch. We never have to concern ourselves with their deliverables.
- No current cons or issues with their services and platform.
- Creating rich site content to drive organic traffic
- Complementing your ongoing customer relationship plans
- Maintaining rich content for email marketing programs
- Developing rich content that goes beyond just standard articles
- Expediting your content plans and creating at scale
- Global content needs
- Augmenting current content teams and needs with a third party vendor
Skyword Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
The Skyword Platform is designed to make it easy to produce, optimize, and promote content at any scale. The platform serves as the technical infrastructure for the content marketing process, providing a space for ideation, editorial and review, publishing, amplification, and measurement. According to the vendor, the platform’s robust marketing calendar, integration with Google Analytics, pitching and RFP capabilities, and customizable workflows, allows marketers to create a sustainable process for brand storytelling, and reach new audiences through valuable content. The platform is available in 14 languages, 23 dialects, and 20 currencies.
Skyword Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||80%|
Skyword Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Skyword Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, Turkey, etc.|
|Supported Languages:||English, English US, English UK, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Turkish|