Reviews (1-25 of 35)
ETO by Social Solutions Review: "Most promising software in the social sector, but you have to be ready to invest."
ETO is being used to track client data for our programs and is allowing us to use that data to make decisions, primarily at the management level. We plan to increase our use of ETO in this way and also plan to use ETO as a way for us to coordinate care for individuals and families who may be receiving services from multiple programs and also to help direct service staff gain insights that can help them serve their clients better.
- ETO captures the variety of data that can give us more ways to understand what is happening with the participants we serve.
- Participant dashboards are customizable and can be very helpful for direct service providers in serving their participants.
- The referral system within ETO allows us to make easier referrals between programs and track how often that occurs.
- It doesn't take a strong technical person to set up programs and other pieces within ETO.
- The interface can be a bit clunky, especially the interface for navigating the setup forms for creating programs, touchpoints, setting security, etc. Way too many clicks and confusing workflows and terminology.
- Lack of up-to-date documentation for administering the system.
- Customer service has gotten a little better recently, but overall our experience up to this point has been pretty bad. And along those lines our implementation experience was awful.
- ETO is customizable, even when a feature is deemed “limited” staff at Social Solution usually know a manageable work-around and keep the end user in mind.
- ETO staff/support are honest about the systems capabilities. They know what features are “in-the-works” and are responsive to requests.
- Frontline data entry folks need to be able to see and visualize their data. Color, visuals we need these things!
- Referral system can be improved to have more response/follow-up once a referral is sent across sites.
ETO wouldn’t be helpful as a financial management tool. We have had workforce and housing programs that needed administrative support, and in this way that have found ETO to be limited.
- ETO is good in capturing the variety of data that can give us more ways to understand what is happening with the participants we serve.
- The referral system within ETO allows us to make easier referrals between programs and track how often that occurs, tracking the follow up in consultation etc.
- Participant dashboards are customization and can be very helpful for direct service providers in serving their participants.
- Customer service has gotten a little better recently, but overall our experience up to this point has been pretty bad .Turn around on issues is really bad and sometimes takes forever to get a resolution.
- No proper documentation or manuals available.
- Training is not free even if you pay tons of $$ for software.
- ETO reports allows you to pull your data in many ways so that you can align different data points, look at data over time, or at one point in time. I haven't encountered a data collection and reporting system that is as robust as what ETO currently offers.
- Build custom assessments to collect data that are in alignment with your program model and/or services provided.
- ETO is not user friendly for the novice user and visually it is not pleasing to the eye. This hinders the 'buy in' process.
- There needs to be an online registration feature so that online accounts can be created and people can apply for certain programs and services. Also, to increase communication between providers and their clients.
- ETO has a lot of bugs that cause it to stop working during the middle of using it. A lot of error messages. Most of the people using ETO are not researchers or data analysts. They are people that like to implement services with other people. Because their weakness is already data and systems anytime the system isn't working or has an issue (which is quite often) it really discourages them from using the system.
- ETO is easy to navigate by site or by program
- Setting up programs and creating touch points is relatively easy
- The ability to email our clients through ETO would be beneficial
- Batch uploads don't always function properly
- The Social Solutions training academy for site administrators and report writers needs some work.
- ETO's reporting support is very helpful and supportive. Quick responses to problems.
- The reporting features allows many quick ways to see the results of our hard work.
- The workflow option allows for easy and accurate data entry for all staff and volunteers.
- Different options for pricing of bundles.
- Different options for pricing of users.
- Case management
- Tracking of survey data and volunteer info
- ETO is a highly configurable system that easily allows change to existing, or new, data elements
- Strategically utilizing add-ons to the ETO Platform has allowed increased automation and efficiency for the staff.
- Social Solutions continues to innovate the ETO platform, with new features and functionality to improve the staff experience.
- Changes to the User Interface have been overdue, but are already in the works to be updated soon.
- It's fully customizable to meet our needs
- Security settings allow us to protect participant data
- Comprehensive data across all service areas
- Some features load slowly
- The user interface is outdated
- Some desired changes take Social Solutions a long time to process, if at all
- Being able to see dashboards for staff and each of the participants is great! It allows us to see at-a-glance information for each of the participants!
- Grouping students into collections works great for us! It mirrors what we do in 'real life' and allows us to see groups of people at a time, rather than all participants in our 100+ participant program.
- Customization has helped us tremendously! We are able to customize attendance values as well as custom demographic points that we want to track.
- It takes a lot of training and understanding to be able to build a report for outputs or outcomes. Although it's improved its user interface and experience, it would be great to be able to do things 'simpler' when wanting to pull information out of the database.
- ETO helps us track and standard data and custom data requirements give to us by our funders.
- ETO Results, built on Business Objects, gives up powerful reporting to help us answer critical questions.
- ETO listens to customer feedback in order to improve the software and make it more modern and user-friendly.
- ETO has an outdated user interface us has recently announced plans for giving it a facelift.
- ETO sells many add-ons which are very helpful but the extra cost can sometimes be a burden to non-profits.
- Easy to configure and magage.
- Secure web based tool.
- Good reporting tool comes with the software.
- Entity can be improved and ETO Should allow Admin to configure objects f the entity just like Tochpoint.
- ETO should allow direct access to the data being stored on AWS.
- We are able to customize ETO to fit our program design and performance priorities.
- ETO was originally designed by professionals in social service so it fits a social service model very well without any challenges involved in retrofitting a sales tool for a social service setting.
- Over the years ETO has grown and improved from a software standpoint. They have partnerships with top-quality companies, like aws, so we have confidence in the software and the network--top-shelf.
- ETO uses Web Intelligence from SAP for reporting. It is a high quality and powerful reporting tool. We can customize our own reports and queries.
- Technology develops very quickly. Newer apps tend to have a sleeker, more modern feel than you get with ETO.
- Sometimes recording touchpoints in ETO can involve more clicks than we want.
- Full functionality is available on Internet Explorer only. While there has been an attempt towards browser neutrality and while for most users other browsers meet their needs, Internet Explorer remains the only reliable option for complete access to all features of ETO.
ETO by Social Solutions Review: "Best software to fit the diverse needs and outcomes of program participants"
- Customer Service
- Results Training
- Tracking several clients who may be involved in more than one program
- User Interface
- Increased assistance with transitioning from outdated features to new features
- More advanced classes in results
Less suited: organizations that might only interact with a client one time.
- ETO gives us easy access to our data.
- ETO is user-friendly to users entering data.
- ETO offers us flexibility in customizing the product for use that makes sense to us.
- I'd like to see it compatible with more browsers.
- We are required to enter data into HMIS (service point) by HUD. We want to move towards having all our data in ETO, but don't want to ask staff to enter data twice. Ideally, we would do all our data entry into ETO and have the system share required elements with HMIS.
- Many of the features are standard throughout the software, but occasionally things look different. I'd like to see more standardization.
- Easy creation of touch points for tracking the population
- Simple reporting tasks
- Tracking of demographic information
- Advance reporting capabilities or advance query options
- Speed of use - sometime the response time is very slow
- Easier navigation
ETO is very suitable for tracking shelter residents and case management of that population
ETO is less useful for the tracking of early education children as it is not quite flexible enough
In terms of information gathering, we use it to count the number of people we serve, understand our population's demographics, understand our efforts and impacts. We use this information to make reports for our funders, apply for grants, evaluate our programs and improve our services.
In terms of operations, ETO is used by case managers to track relevant information about their participants, check on individual participants' progress/history, and communicate with other staff members about this work. ETO has built-in processes that enable staff members to do their work and have all the necessary documentation to do their work. Managers use ETO to see how the program is performing, and how individual staff members are performing. They also pull their own reports for funders.
- Excellent report building platform. Very versatile.
- Highly customizable user interface; a lot of flexibility in form building and dashboards.
- Tracks all the right things - demographics, forms, enrollments, duplicates. Well made for case management.
- ETO needs to be mobile friendly because a lot of our staff do outreach work, including all touchpoints, demographics, enrollments, and dashboards on their phone.
- Too many ways to get to the same thing. E.g. Add New Participant Tab, Add New Participant in Navigation Bar, Add New Participant on Home Page, etc. This generates mistakes and a need for very thorough training and tight oversight.
- Inability to remove touchpoints from custom universes once they have already been added. There is a limit of 20 touchpoints per custom universe. If the touchpoints in a universe have become obsolete or irrelevant, there is no way to make room for a new, more relevant touchpoint. Old touchpoints can be disabled but not removed.
- Need to pay extra for email and calendar notifications. This should be a built-in function, as the software already costs a lot, and many organizations cannot afford to spend more to get this vital functionality.
- It would be great if a "Case Conference" chat feature could be attached to participants. Case managers could enter the chat room and relay important information about the participant to each other. This could also work when people aren't there in real time, like emails. The important part is that all of this information would be accessible UNDER the participant's profile or dashboard that it's regarding.
Less appropriate for tracking casual labour work placements. Although we are currently using ETO for this, it was not designed for it and is not the perfect solution. We have it rigged up so that Entities are employers and Participants are workers.
Some problems with this include:
- Cannot put an alert that pops up for an employer (Entity)
- When a participant is cross-referenced in an entity touchpoint (such as a work order), this touchpoint does not show up on the participant's dashboard or touchpoints.
- Long waiting times for reports.
- Web-based data entry allows for real-time data entry from staff in off-site offices and in the field.
- Highly customizable data entry options and security rules make it well suited to comprehensive service providers where goals and service delivery approach may vary greatly by service type.
- ETO Results, the built-in reporting tool, is very flexible and powerful, automating and replacing much of what we previously did in MS Excel.
- If an issue cannot be immediately addressed by fist tier customer support, it can take an incredibly long time to get answers, let alone a solution. First tier support seems friendly and willing to help, so I can only assume it's a shortage of staff to diagnose and solve the actual problems.
- Account managers change at the drop of a hat and this frequently is communicated poorly. Actually, communication in general can be a challenge.
- Social Solutions seems a bit out of touch with the non-profit market and is less responsive than it used to be. While I realize this is a some what unavoidable development as their customer base increases, one of the original draws to ETO was the company's ability to respond to customers and help us make the most out of what we'd purchased.
- Non-profits often do not have funds for extras, such as sending staff to national conferences. These opportunities, while wonderful, involve not only the conference fees, but transportation and hotel costs as well. It would be nice if Social Solutions offered more regional opportunities (which would make costs more achievable for our budgets) or online options (which would again increase accessibility, even if the offerings couldn't be as robust).
- The ability to design touchpoints and reports is very powerful with ETO
- ETO support services is another strength they are extremely helpful when you have issues
- ETO is continuously improving on the product which gives us more ability to improve
- Would love for them to have a module for HUD Housing Counseling
- Allows our users a place to report their daily activities with our neighbors
- Allows our agency to have data to drive decisions in staffing, programming, and expansion
- Allows our agency to share our work with funders, donors, and staff
- Staff reports that sometime it is not easy to use when trying to do multiple data entry points with neighbors during the same visit
- I would like to see an easier way to create reports using the legacy platform
- Customizing reports for export to other databases
- Social Solutions ETO tech support is awesome. They assist you in a reasonable amount of time.
- Social Solutions ETO query wizard is excellent, it allows you to extract data that is important to an organization at that particular time.
- Social Solutions ETO is very user-friendly and you are able to customize the software to the organization's needs.
- When Social Solutions ETO made the decision to convert to the touch points system which is really great, they should have converted the customized data that organizations were using for free. Customers put in a lot of work customizing ETO to address their needs. The task was time consuming and there should be a why to convert the existing efforts, reports, etc.
- The platform that ETO runs best on currently is Internet Explorer, it should be browser friendly.
- I would like the ability to send participants group text messages, however, when Social Solutions has add-on features there is always a cost involved and some features I believe should simply be included as technology changes.
- Social Solutions ETO does a great job in organizing all of the participants information in a way that is easy and convenient to understand.
- It helps keep track of files, and helps staff have better time management skills by allowing a certain number of days to edit past documents before the option to edit a document is removed.
- This program has room for improvement in being able to print out all sheets from each participants dash board, not having to go to the drop down box where the program will generate the report.
- It would be easier to print out Case plans by date and not print out all of the previous and current case plans/ Treatment Plans within the same document.
- Flexible design functions. Administrator can design all the programs by themselves without any PHP experience. It is easy to learn and use. I mastered ETO and began to work on it without any training.
- Powerful report functions. Using ETO Result, users can design and pull out all the reports without any SQL experience.
- ETO has rich functionality, we can define a lot of properties for every program/touchpoint/account, which makes our work more comfortable.
- ETO has powerful searching functiong
- ETO connects participates with entities, which makes it easier to administrate.
- ETO Result is slow recently.
- ETO database is not opened to administrator. Experienced user can not visit the database by SQL.
- ETO demographic information does not support Chinese, which causes us can not store some useful information. For example, Chinese name.
- Our user wonder why they have to use IE as the only browser for ETO.
- ETO's greatest strength is its reporting capabilities, which runs off SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Data entry forms are highly customizable
- Granular access permissions for user accounts
- ETO only works on Internet Explorer. There are no mobile apps, and it does not scale down well on a tablet or phone web browser. The fact that a large SaS package like ETO is not browser-neutral and device independent in 2018 is astonishing.
- Social Solutions continues to release add-on modules for ETO, but the core software has seen very little improvement over the past few years. When upgrades are made to the core system, only specific areas are improved, leaving others behind. Because of this, ETO feels extremely fragmented.
- All major upgrades come in the form of add-on products that cost more money.
- Support is sometimes very slow and difficult to work with.
If you have a mobile workforce, or work from devices that require something other than Internet Explorer, ETO is not a good choice.
ETO by Social Solutions Scorecard Summary
About ETO by Social Solutions
According to the vendor, organizations that use ETO get an enterprise-level solution that was designed with the intention of relating efforts to outcomes, ensuring service delivery is helping users achieve intended outcomes.
Additionally, the vendor says ETO’s advanced reporting suite supports the needs of large and diverse organizations by ensuring that they can not only meet a variety of compliance requirements but will also have the tools they need to truly understand the impact of their organizational efforts.
ETO by Social Solutions Screenshots
ETO by Social Solutions Competitors
We work with organizations of all shapes and sizes . Pricing varies based on use case, so reach out to Social Solutions today to find out more.
ETO by Social Solutions Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||60%|
ETO by Social Solutions Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ETO by Social Solutions Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||USA, Australia, UK|