Overall Satisfaction with Trello
I am using Trello mainly for managing my 3 teams: 1. Development Team: My whole Agile methodology is running on Trello including backlogging and weekly sprints. 2. Testing Team: Managing all test cases and versions on which test cases tested..everything on Trello Board. 3. Marketing: Managing daily tasks of marketing teams on Trello. Apart from this, using it as a common brainstorming idea board for all team members.
- It organizes the tasks very well, you can create lists, and with simple drag and drop, you can manage different states of tasks.
- Availability of Plugins makes it super feature-rich, you can achieve almost any feature with the help of plugins.
- Automation bots make it super powerful to do repeated/pre-defined tasks automatically.
- Understanding automation bots is very difficult, it even require doing some coding.
- Some third party plugins gives trouble while working with Trello
- Trello does not provide a method for tracking task dependencies.
- Cards Scheduling
- It definitely increased team efficiency in my case.
- It makes team and tasks management less tedious.
- Because of the prioritization of work, it helps in delivering on time and most required items.
- Freshdesk, Atlassian JIRA Align (formerly AgileCraft) and Zoho Projects
Trello has a better and easy UI, very quick learning curve. Flexibility to add plugins.
Do you think Trello delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Trello's feature set?
Did Trello live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Trello go as expected?
Would you buy Trello again?
It is very much suitable to manage any team size but requires someone specifically to manage boards and create rules. Trello may help any project by introducing a more methodical approach to project management and allowing the team to carry out process planning activities as needed Not suitable if you want to substitute Jira because not inefficient integration with Git repos.