Weebly Reviews

March 09, 2020
Kristin Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Five years ago we did a rebrand for our company and built a completely new website. This was good opportunity for us to make sure that Weebly was the platform we wanted to use for our web design. We looked into several other companies and found that Weebly offered the most customization with the most flexibility. Others had beautiful starting templates but change options were very limited without altering the back end html code - and that wasn't something we wanted to get involved with. Additionally, some of the other programs weren't as intuitive in use. I feel like you can get into Weebly and play around enough to figure things out because the process makes sense. In addition to the many online resources they have available. Overall, Weebly had everything we needed at a price that made sense. So now we enter our 14th year as Weebly customers!
Read Kristin Cole's full review
February 17, 2020
Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

When trying to find a website builder that I would be comfortable with, Weebly seemed to be the best choice. I wanted something that was easy to use but could create a website that was also pleasing to the eye. I have not tried using any other types of website builders, and so I am unable to compare or contrast it to any others. It is great for beginner use!
Read Mandy Henriksen's full review
November 13, 2019
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly stacks up well against its competitors because it is priced relatively, has excellent functionality and the option to add lots of plug-ins and add-ons. Weebly is ranked as one of the top Blogging and eCommerce site builders online for someone without the expertise of coding or programming. Weebly also holds up against some of the "big dogs" in website design. Weebly is so easy to use and can grow with your organization.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
September 17, 2019
Jill Nimmer-Beres | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly was always one of the top-rated solutions in the website-builder arena. We had experience with GoDaddy, and were sadly disappointed in the clunkiness and general lack of quality features. We finally chose Weebly over its runner-up, Squarespace, because it was a cheaper solution (at least it was when the selection was originally made--I think that is still the case).
Read Jill Nimmer-Beres's full review
June 04, 2019
dishant sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly is easier to use than these platforms. One can easily create stylish looking websites without needing to type even a single line of code. We find Weebly super easy to use and they also provide a code editor which is usually not present in the similar website creators. Weebly has been an excellent choice for us to create stylish websites without any headache.
Read dishant sharma's full review
January 01, 2019
Erin Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix doesn't have the ease of use that Weebly has. I get more frustrated using that when I need specific items.

Instapage has many SEO limitations and I don't feel like my SEO efforts are fully utilized within the platform they offer.
Read Erin Harris's full review
August 24, 2018
Robbin Block | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly is the easiest to use and most robust platform I've found so far. It has its downsides relative to the other ones, like a limited number of templates, and not being great for e-commerce or blogging. It's really a matter of figuring out what's right for your business in terms of design, functionality, ease of use, special features you're looking for and more. When you need to, you can access the CSS to do more particular upgrades -- for example, Weebly doesn't have an H1 tag built in (important for SEO). However, it can be modified if you know how. I've written extensively about how to choose the right website builder for a business -- it's a free download. I also teach classes about Do It Yourself websites.
Read Robbin Block's full review
November 01, 2018
Eric Weiss | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I selected Weebly because I thought their themes weren't as janky as WordPress. I also like their price structure and overall easiness of maintaining the app. It also syncs with other applications that I use, like Hatchbuck. I like the support and reliability of Weebly so far and hope to continue to use them for my needs.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
June 22, 2018
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly's designs, plugins, and customization options are a little more advanced in some cases than other similar programs. WordPress requires a different level of expertise and knowledge of code, keywording, and plugins, so I wouldn't even compare them. Wix is a little more user-friendly because you can drag and drop your design, which was very convenient for customizing your site. I didn't personally select Weebly, but it is user-friendly and nearly anyone comfortable with a computer could figure it out. Weebly support is also pretty good.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
September 27, 2018
heather figi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have not explored many alternatives. You can also sell digital downloads on Wix for example - that would be the one thing that I would have to have in a competing service. Wix also has more templates and more styling options. Weebly also lets you export your entire website - it's easy and I do this frequently.

Read heather figi's full review
May 30, 2018
Albina Walczak | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly is very intuitive and practical to use software, though prices of ".com" domains are too high they are presenting quality service to create and edit your site on the way you want. I used WordPress and Squarespace myself for my blog, they are also reasonable and good products to work on blogs and websites. But the main problems are they are just old ones and they don't have significant specific tools. But also their templates are quite better than the ones which Weebly provided. Besides these great tools, customer service, design and the working interface Weebly has lack of the limitation and also templates and themes. Existing templates are perfect, but we need more.
Read Albina Walczak's full review
Heather Pellegrini | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We looked at a variety of other site builders that were available at the time we decided to create our secondary site and Weebly had more options that suited our needs at the time and the ease of use was far above the other options. Over the years we have been utilizing Weebly, they have proven themselves over and over again by providing updates that are timely and relevant.
Read Heather Pellegrini's full review
July 17, 2018
Jennifer Lamas | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

You can make an attractive design for your pages, has an excellent system of simple email marketing that is synchronized with your website and store, you can easily locate it by the google search, it has an excellent tutorial that explains step by step how make your page, allows you to have your domain name and professional email, add background videos, one of the best options is that it calculates taxes automatically, you can recover abandoned carts, add discount coupons and gift cards if you wish , application integration and much more.
Read Jennifer Lamas's full review
June 13, 2018
Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We used Weebly because the online sales platform for GoDaddy at the time was WAY too complicated, and truthfully, we could not figure out to use it. Weebly really worked for us because of how easy and intuitive it was for the user. That was a really big selling point for us.
Read Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH's full review
January 30, 2018
Ramin Sultanov | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly is still one of my favorite web builder software which means they continue to modify the platform for simplicity and speed. Weebly has a robust small business, e-commerce upgrade and almost for every type of website. All you have to is create your website quickly using their perfect templates.
Read Ramin Sultanov's full review
January 16, 2018
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I tried WordPress and Blogger.

• WordPress: a bit more complicated to use and not as user-friendly. I tried it 2 years ago. Not a fan. It may have improved since then.
  • Blogger: Weebly is more efficient and easier to use: also you get to do more with Weebly than just a blog. So, it really depends on what you are looking for.

Weebly is free for educational use....always a plus. Support is good and timely; even for free users.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
May 03, 2018
Gore Abdulov | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Firstly, especially the design difference was shown among them. Weebly has the most modern design. The the second difference is the simplicity, besides other ones also have drag and drop feature, Workflow is completely different. Weebly is ultimately easy to set up, navigate and use. And simplicity is the main key for every software. WordPress and Wix were used in our company before, but later we chose Weebly. And we are happy about that because it helped us a lot.
Read Gore Abdulov's full review
Trina Boice | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix, for some reason, seems to be the latest, newest, freshest option and competition for Weebly. Their drag and drop design is VERY easy. Their tempates seem more fresh and hip.
Read Trina Boice's full review
Reita Silvis | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Weebly allows us to do more customized work than WordPress does. This allows us to tell a better, more complete story than we were able to through WordPress and gave us more freedom to put our storyboards that were in our heads to life on the website. It was easier to format the way we wanted to without having to use static themes. Had a nicer way to display our multimedia and infographics.
Read Reita Silvis's full review
December 12, 2017
Marcelo de Vasconcellos | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

WordPress needs to be set up before use, making it less adequate for students. It has a huge userbase and tons of add-ons, but these advantages are not accessible to the beginner.
Wix is very powerful and easy to use, making it on par with Weebly. But I believe Weebly has a clearer interface, making it better for the beginner.
Weebly allows the user to copy the files of his/her website. It is not a full backup, but is far better than Wix.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
December 05, 2017
Austin Schmidt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I evaluated Wix, and started building my site. To my horror, I later learned of their horrendous ecosystem strategy. I understand why they do it as a business, but as a user, it drivers me INSANE. They go to great lengths to prevent you from using 3rd party tools. I.e. marketing tools that will work on any website are restricted on Wix. They want to push you towards using their own add-ons. The problem is, most of these add-ons are mediocre, IMO.
Read Austin Schmidt's full review
December 05, 2017
Amy Wellner | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Blogger
Easier to use than Blogger, offers more functionality, worth it to pay for a site when so much customization is offered. I can make my site look and do exactly what I was envisioning!
Read Amy Wellner's full review
September 05, 2017
Sarah Ciras Rousseau | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I liked the features in Weebly more so than what Wix had to offer. It was a good balance of customizability and user-friendliness. I also liked Weebly's given templates better than what either Wix or Google Sites had to offer. Google sites were very open-ended and required more hardcoding to create the same effects as Weebly.
Read Sarah Ciras Rousseau's full review
October 26, 2016
Anand Chhatpar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

WordPress takes time to set up properly, needs hosting and always has security issues. Drupal is getting more and more complicated every year. Again, hosting a Drupal installation is a security headache. Weebly, being a hosted solution, completed does away with the need to worry about installation or keep updating the server side code because of security issues. They automatically take care of this. With Unbounce, you get a hosted solution which is pretty good at A/B testing but you don't get the range of templates and widgets that come with Weebly.
Read Anand Chhatpar's full review

Role-based user permissions (28)
9.4
API (14)
Internationalization / multi-language (16)
9.6
WYSIWYG editor (33)
9.7
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (37)
Page templates (41)
9.8
Library of website themes (41)
9.7
Mobile optimization / responsive design (40)
9.9
Publishing workflow (33)
Form generator (34)
Content taxonomy (24)
SEO support (32)
Bulk management (17)
Availability / breadth of extensions (31)
Community / comment management (28)

What is Weebly?

Weebly, now from Square, is a basic content management system with blogging and eCommerce features. It is inexpensive, and aims to allow all users to easily create high quality sites, regardless of technical skill.

Pricing ranges from free to $25/month. All offerings include email and chat support; Pro and Business include phone support, as well as a site search, video & audio, and password protected pages. Paid subscriptions include a domain name (free for one year), and remove the Weebly link from the website.

Weebly is available in 11 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German).

Weebly Video