New to CMiC and loving it!
July 07, 2020
New to CMiC and loving it!
Score 10 out of 10
- Accounting & Financial Controls
- Enterprise Content Management
- FIELD: Mobile Applications
- FIELD: Project Management & Collaboration
- Human Capital Management & Payroll
- Project Controls
Overall Satisfaction with CMiC Construction Platform
We have recently implemented CMiC Construction Platform across our entire organization for all aspects of project management, finance, and payroll. We wanted to find software that could incorporate more functions so that we could consolidate the number of programs being used and CMiC was the right fit for this.
- It integrates many aspects of project management into one location.
- It produces easy to understand reports that incorporate financial aspects of the project so that costs and profit can be calculated in real-time rather than as a lagging indicator.
- Document management is housed within the project, reducing the number of locations and the need for additional cloud storage to maintain project documentation.
- CMiC customer assistance is prompt and helpful.
- We are new to CMiC and the setup was a little difficult for us. It would be helpful to know what kind of information we need to input prior to a live training session so that we have real data to use.
- Our initial implementor seemed lost because of the software version update. Better communication from CMiC to the vendors who sell it in the US may be a good idea.
- All of our training sessions are done remotely, which can be tedious and difficult to follow when the sessions are so long. Less than four hours may help the information be absorbed--maybe 2-hour long training sessions over a greater number of days.
- Increased project data tracking
- Reduced errors and lost documentation, consolidated project communications
- Workflow between teams is more streamlined and time efficient
CMiC incorporates more features and reduces the need to use additional software platforms. We found that Foundation Software is not as user-friendly and can be limited in the various types of reports that are available. PlanGrid and Procore both would have had to be partnered with other software in order to meet all of our project planning needs and cost forecasting.
So far we have been very happy with the increased capability of the software. We are still working with the CMiC implementors to customize our setup as we fully transition the CMiC, but they have been very responsive and are helping us work out solutions for our unique needs. This platform will simplify the process of collaborating between departments as well as other vendors, subcontractors, and clients.
Do you think CMiC Construction Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CMiC Construction Platform's feature set?
Did CMiC Construction Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CMiC Construction Platform go as expected?
Would you buy CMiC Construction Platform again?
As we are still in our multi-month roll-out phase, we have not even fully utilized all of the features that are offered by the CMiC software, but so far we have been impressed with the potential that we see. In order to be effective and to actively manage project costs and general overhead, real-time financial analytics are critical. The integration offered by CMiC has helped us to get that information more quickly so that we can adapt faster to changes in projects. It will be this ability to react quickly that will translate to a more competitive edge in the post-covid19 construction industry.
Our roll-out plan involves utilizing CMiC for small projects with a fast turnaround for several months before fully implementing on large, long-term projects. So far from what we have experienced, there may be added advantages to using this software for these large projects. All vendor and subcontractor information has to be input in order to process pay applications, which will serve as a failsafe for ensuring that we have all of the necessary documents submitted at critical stages in the project progress. This will prove to be an adjustment, but it will help us tighten up our documentation.
We previously had issues with information not being transferred across the various software platforms that we used, which meant that we had to duplicate work. A minor example is the CRM needs that we have from sales and estimating to project management. Simple address changes had to be entered in at least three different databases and this increased the likelihood of silly errors.