Overall Satisfaction with eClinicalWorks
- Improves provider communication as all records for a patient are accessible
- Eliminates errors in handwriting interpretation
- Customizable template: IT has started tweaking the template specifically for my needs
- Major problem is the lack of ability to work on more than one menu simultaneously. For example, if I want to make a note of a problem with a blood chemistry value that impacts my treatment plan, and I haven't written it on paper, I can't access it if I have the intervention menu open. I have to close it, open another and repeat. This takes time writing notes.
- It would be nice to have the Nutrition Care Process automatically incorporated into the Nutrition sections, without having to spend time free writing in the problems, and asking IT to put it into the template.
- There are sections that repeat as in Nutrition, which is what I use. I find that some of the menus are a bit non-intuitive.
I think, after having used it for eight years, I am fairly used to it, so I think, with some tweaking, it does the job for me, but I do know that some of the search (patient) functions are said to be fairly clumsy. I rarely use them as I usually only read the patient information of those with appointments to see me.