September 12, 2016
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Huddle
We use Huddle as a document collaboration tool across the entire company. We rely heavily on document versioning, locking and comments to for ad hoc document workflows.
- When it works, the Huddle Desktop app is great - opening files from the web interface directly in desktop apps and having the file locked and unlocked automatically makes using document locking very easy for our staff.
- Comment streams on documents are good as far as they go.
- The iPhone app is very slick, and is liked by all.
- The desktop app is occasionally unreliable and it is never easy to get to the bottom of it with the tech support people...
- Tasks are virtually useless as they have no context. We want tasks to be against documents so we can make our workflow more formal but they are not, so we don't use them. A reimplementation of to do and calendar facilities with files/documents as the context would make a huge difference to us.
- The Huddle Office plugins are a great idea, but they cause us far too many Word and Excel crashes so we have to turn them off.