June 17, 2016
Score 3 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with iMIS
I used iMIS to direct and coordinate registration operations. This included collection and processing of registration fees, refund transactions and processing of faculty payroll. The majority of my transactions, except checks, was processed using Authorize.Net payment software and then recorded into iMIS. This enhanced my ability to keep track of membership and program enrollments (i.e. expense reports, class rosters and net proceeds summary reports). Overall, iMIS is used across the whole organization.
- Keep track of individuals's information (e.g. address, telephone number, email address, payment history and membership type).
- The ability to create fields and functions.
- Create/generate reports. Once, I needed a report of how many non- members were taking classes in the Fall in comparison to members of the organization. I worked with my IT department to help create the fields needed in order to generate the report.
- It was difficult for various departments to customize the functionality of iMis without it impacting the organization as a whole.
- I often felt restricted and limited when using iMis. I do not feel that this software is current with today’s technology.
- It did not sync well with Authorize.Net. Therefore, I had to do double data entry. This let to me needing to hire on more staff.