JMP is used by the Marketing Department to analyze customer surveys, segment and profile customers, as well as general analysis. It is a very good data discovery tool that allows you to simply and visually understand the data you have and report it out to others. JMP Pro also has many predictive analytics tools such as neural networks.
- Graph Builder is one of the best features of JMP. It allows you to create graphs, on the fly, in a drag and drop environment. It allows you to quickly get a feel for your data in a format that is easily presentable to others.
- JMP is great for a wide varieties of statistical ability. For those with no or very little statistical background there are many simple commands and visual options that make it easy to understand your data. For those with more advanced abilities you can code in JMP's Scripting Language (JSL) to get JMP to do exactly what you want, or to automate reporting.
- The support team for JMP is wonderful. There is a large online library of webinars, documents, books, etc that will help you get up and running in no time. If you need a little extra help in particular areas, SAS Education offers JMP specific classes.
- JMP Pro has wonderful suite of predictive analytics tools.
- I can't think of any areas for improvement for JMP.
- We are able to complete better analyses, much faster in JMP, compared to Excel.
- JMP's predictive modeling has helped us better understand our customers.
I heard good things from colleagues who have used JMP. We did not get too far down the SPSS route before we decided to go with JMP because of price and perceived benefit from my colleague's advice.
The support from SAS is wonderful. JMP has really helped us tackle some difficult Marketing problems, and we plan on continuing to use it for the foreseeable future.
JMP is well-suited to a variety of applications. It is often used by engineers and analysts who may not be experts in statistics, but know enough to successfully use JMP to produce great analysis. JMP is a product created by SAS, which is a great company to work with. If you get the opportunity to attend the JMP Discovery Summit (JMP's annual conference in September) it is a great opportunity to learn more about the product both from the developers as well as from fellow users.