Overall Satisfaction with MySQL
I use MySQL for one of my projects as a lightweight database to capture and report data from several Excel files.
- I use sub-select to accomplish a complex query tasks.
- I also like text searching in MySQL better than Oracle.
- Updating data directly in the view is very convenient also.
- In-clause with multiple fields like in Oracle would be helpful.
- Full joins instead of left and right joins combined.
- So far, I am using the community edition and [have] no reason to consider the ROI but I would prefer [it] against SQLServer or other commercial DBs.
I am very comfortable in using both Oracle (our enterprise level) database and MySQL for my personal use. I can easily switch between these two databases. In many cases, MySQL is my test and development environment. I am not able switch between Oracle and SQL Server as the language and data types are sometimes incompatible.