Qualysguard for Asset Discovery and Verification of Patching/Secure Config
Overall Satisfaction with Qualysguard
At my current organization, Qualysguard is primarily used for discovery of assets and verification of secure configuration/patching by our security team. Our team is also assessing Qualysguard WAS to build into our secure development practices.
At my previous organization, we provided self-service capability for our engineers designing/building our products to perform their own infrastructure scans to identify security configuration flaws as early in the build process as possible. We also used Qualysguard for discovery of assets and verification of secure configuration/patching.
In both organizations, Qualysguard has added a ton of value.
- Discovery of assets on a network.
- Identifying infrastructure security configuration flaws for a number of different OS types.
- Easy UI to navigate.
- Easier way for VM scan custom profile management. A way to determine if there are duplicate scan profiles created to reduce redundancy with multiple administrators.
- This may have been addressed, but my previous organization had a lot of difficulties integrating Qualysguard with RSAM.
- Add trending over time capabilities to dashboard.
- Provides the business the information needed to prioritize security requirements and secure appropriate budget.
- Provides self-service capabilities for users to perform their own scans.
- Provides visibility for asset discovery which was previously a difficult task.
- Nessus and eEye