Overall Satisfaction with SketchUp
We use this software in the company in the engineering department. This excellent program allows us to conceptualize and model 3D images of buildings, cars, people and any other object that we are required to project. In addition, the program includes a gallery of objects, textures, and images that are very useful in working the designs. SketchUp is a program internationally recognized for its extensive capabilities to make 3D designs easily, and it is one of the most popular programs used by architects, engineers, industrial designers, among others.
- You can customize it with plugins to have functions specifically designed for your work area
- Its main feature is to be able to make 3D designs in a simple way.
- This tool allows integrating Google Maps designs, using the 3D building layer.
- The payment method does not work as well in some operating systems.
- SketchUp does not produce very realistic results compared to other similar tools.
- You cannot execute very complicated 3D design tasks.
- With this excellent tool, the company has won accolades in the area of Infrastructure, Telecommunications and Civil Construction, which has generated more profit for the company.
- I had the opportunity to develop my skills in 3D digital drawing, and I have learned to interpret plans in different stages of development.
- Additionally, this tool has allowed us to solve design flaws in projects in the development phase, in conjunction with different engineering areas and professionals in their different specialties.
SketchUp is a good program, free and easy to use, very suitable features to be introduced in the assisted design. Once you've mastered SketchUp, it could be convenient to make the jump to AutoCAD, which will allow you to perform more complex jobs, and the experience gained in SketchUp will make it easier to adapt to this program. However, AutoCAD is too complicated for drawing in 3d, whereas SketchUp is almost automatic; it is as if it knows all our needs. In my case I use AutoCAD only to make plans, and SketchUp to make the 3D models.
It is easier to learn than AutoCAD, and it can do practically everything that could be done with AutoCAD. It can be customized with add-ons to have functions specifically designed for your work area. Best of all, it has a free version that can be combined with the pro version using the add-ons mentioned above. And the Pro version is undoubtedly much cheaper compared to other software of its kind.