Good Product That Requires Tailoringhttps://www.trustradius.com/help-deskSolarWinds Web Help DeskUnspecified8.1311012016-04-01T15:50:31.784Z
April 01, 2016
Good Product That Requires Tailoring
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Web Help Desk
SolarWinds Web Help Desk used to be used as the organization's ticketing system. It was being used by all IT staff. It was implemented in order to provide an environment for us to launch our CCF initiative.
- Asset Management
- Group Management
- Change Control is not natively built in. It took a large amount of time to tweak WHD to perform this task by creating mailing groups, approvals, etc.
- The calendar function for setting up return for rented equipment in the asset management could be done better. Perhaps provide a widget that alerts the users of when and what needs to be returned and upcoming retrievals of equipment.
- Make custom trees for ticketing types easier to create. It would generally take me 30-45 minutes to create a new ticketing type and sub types. It shouldn't take that long.
- Ticket lifetime was cut down significantly because of reminders programmed into specific ticket types.
- The asset management was useful, however it was replaced by other tools like LanSweeper for computers, phones, and printers.
- It allowed us to track inventory that had been lent out to specific employees. Something we would usually only have Outlook tasks to track.
SharePoint is a tool that you make fit your requirements. This takes a lot of time and effort. WHD had most of the features our organization was looking for without the hassle of having to write HTML and pay licensing fees for a product that needed to be tailored to be properly used. WHD allowed us to implement a CCF program on an already tailored ticketing system.
SolarWinds Web Help Desk (WHD) is not going to be useful for a small sized business. However, if you can get your co-workers involved in the process it can become a good asset for larger deployments. This is solely based on whether or not you have co-workers that are willing to use all of the features of WHD effectively.