Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
It depends on what you mean by "the whole organization." LanguageLine Solutions has over 8,000 employees and provides all types of language services. Our "department," LanguageLine Translation Solutions, is really a standalone organization itself that provides translation and localization services. Most of LanguageLine Solutions does NOT use Workfront--they have a customized application that has been adapted from SalesForce to meet their business needs. All the employees at LanguageLine Translation Solutions, however, uses Workfront for:
- Developing and providing quotes to our customers
- Scheduling and executing projects
- Assigning and managing our linguistic contractors
- Maintaining time sheets and tracking labor costs
- Providing reports on productivity
- Assisting in client invoicing
- The system is very flexible. Our project types vary from only 2 or 3 simple steps to 100 or more steps, sometimes with parallel paths. Workfront can support any of these very easily.
- The reporting capability is very strong. The system provides lots of object data "out of the box" and also allows you to customize by adding data fields of your own. In general, if the data are in Workfront, you can build a report on it.
- The system is extendable. We have made extensive use of Workfront's API to build external applications that interface with Workfront to do such things as:
- Create over 100 projects daily according to our specifications
- Create new client contacts and new contractors
- Produce quotes based on effort estimates included in a project
- Efficiently generate POs for thousands of outsourced tasks every month
- Some of the relationships in the database make reporting difficult. For example, producing a report of tasks based on the project Company is surprisingly challenging. "Billing Records" and "Expenses," which we use extensively, have a "tacked-on" quality in that those objects don't have relationships in the database with many other objects.
- Creating over 100 projects a day is not really what Workfront is designed to do. (We weren't planning on that kind of growth when we first purchased the product!) Its power and flexibility are great, but creating a new project, no matter how simple, is much more than a simply push-button process.
- We would love to see more documentation of the API. We use the API extensively, but the Workfront development team are slow to document their upgrades and improvements.
- Before we implemented Workfront, our office did roughly $5M in business delivering roughly 3,000 projects a year. Now we are close to a $20M company delivering 3,000 projects a MONTH. We never would have been able to grow like that without Workfront.