Likelihood to Recommend
Hbase is well suited for large organizations with millions of operations performing on tables, real-time lookup of records in a table, range queries, random reads and writes and online analytics operations.Hbase cannot be replaced for traditional databases as it cannot support all the features, CPU and memory intensive. Observed increased latency when using with MapReduce job joins.
Feature Rating Comparison
Data model flexibility
Deployment model flexibility
- HBase data access and retrieval only gets better with larger scale.
- Fault tolerance is built in, if you have unreliable hardware, HBase will make every effort to keep your data online.
- Extremely fast key lookups and write throughput.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 501-1000 employees
- There are very few commands in HBase.
- Stored procedures functionality is not available so it should be implemented.
- HBase is CPU and Memory intensive with large sequential input or output access while as Map Reduce jobs are primarily input or output bound with fixed memory. HBase integrated with Map-reduce jobs will result in random latencies.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 10 answers
HBase is open source so I suggest it and it is one of the best databases to store real-time data with security but a lot more improvements are required to include the SQL queries functionalities for the data analysis purpose.
Return on Investment
- As Hbase is a noSql database, here we don't have transaction support and we cannot do many operations on the data.
- Not having the feature of primary or a composite primary key is an issue as the architecture to be defined cannot be the same legacy type. Also the transaction concept is not applicable here.
- The way data is printed on console is not so user-friendly. So we had to use some abstraction over HBase (eg apache phoenix) which means there is one new component to handle.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?