Likelihood to Recommend
MOVEit is actively used on a dedicated server to supply clients with SFTP transactions. Automation is configured easily and safely. We rely on MOVEit to provide the transmission of daily, weekly, and monthly files across many companies and businesses. MOVEit is recommended by my group for any SFTP needs etc.
Administrator in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 51-200 employees
- Dashboard provides good insight and quick access to troubled jobs
- Being able to handle file transfer across various protocols securely
- Ability to connect to various cloud sites and storage (SharePoint, Amazon S3)
- Easy SSL certificate implementation of the web UI
- Easy SSH with certificate implementation
- Strong permissions configuration.
- Drag and dropping of files to attached to packages.
- I believe there is room for improvement when it comes to setting up folder and group security.
- A better mobile app is absolutely needed. The current app lacks in features.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
We previously used Attunity MFT (Formerly Repliweb MFT); We were looking to move away from the platform becuase, while flexible, it was too flexible. The flexibility was gained by running scripts with each job to do what you want. So, not only did you have to define the job (Source and Destination), you had to have a fairly strong programming background. Tasks as simple as renaming files with a date stamp, required a script be written. MoveIt has many of these basic macros available for file name manipulations like various date pieces, times, file names, etc, and they're all well documented. Ex: [OrigName] = Original Filename (TestFile.pdf), [OnlyName] = Just the filename, no extension (TestFile), [OnlyExt] = Just the file extentions (.pdf). Pretty much every field within a job can use pre-defined Macros, which is a huge benefit. We also moved away from that platform because it had gone stale, it wasn't their "Core" product. The vendor supported it, but was not actively developing it or fixing bugs or anything. We went 2-3 years without even an update to the binary. MoveIt is one of Progress's "Core" products, so they are adding features / functionality and fixing bugs actively
Manager in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Return on Investment
- It gave us the ability to exchange files with customers and vendors in a secure manner.
- Given the sensitivity of our files exchange, MOVEit helped in gaining the trust of our customers that their data is safe.
- Using its API, we were able to build a custom app that is adding even more features, specific to our needs, like empowering project managers with more permissions on their folders