What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
1. ActiveSpaces is well suited if, we can generate an event to notify the data has changed in the source. So we can easily use these events to update the cache.2. Data in ActiveSpaces can either be pre-loaded (eager loading) or loaded when this data is requested (lazy loading). Pre-loading requires considerable time and resources to fetch the data from a source. This may not be a good option unless we can easily bulk load from a source rather than invoking the target application API to load the data one-by-one.3. Identified the trigger points from the target applications, that could invalidate the data held in ActiveSpaces. So based on the triggers the AS data can be easily be updated.
- Tibco ActiveSpaces is an excellent caching tool. With good design, we can haven a efficient cache layer, that can respond to business needs in sub-seconds (milliseconds) rather than seconds / minutes to respond. This is specially useful for improving the efficiency of the services used in customer interactions.. like login, serving billing information, serving the customer's service usage and any other information customer is interested in accessing frequently.
- System process can also use the ActiveSpaces . By caching the information frequently used by the system processes, the data cab be accessed more frequently. And without much disruptions.
- If you are already using TIBCO tools, then ActiveSpaces is the right choice to use, as the product is well integrated with all the TIBCO Suite of products. ActiveSpaces integrates well with most common products like TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO BusinessEvents etc.
- ActiveSpaces can be easily deployed to a target (TIBCO) environment, with very little additional effort. Although there is an effort required to deploy them.
- ActiveSpaces is supported by TIBCO BusinessWorks 5.13 and TIBCO BusinessWorks 6.x. Hence you are not forced to use any version of TIBCO BW, just because you have to use TIBCO ActiveSpaces.
- ActiveSpaces 3.2 is not compatible with the latest version of TIBCO Business Event 5.x. And ActiveSpaces 2.x is not compatible with ActiveSpaces 3.x hence there is a big difference in the BusinessEvents supported version of AS and the latest.
- ActiveSpaces takes more disc space and TIBCO does not offer data compression logic out of the box. Developers need to do extra coding to use java snippets to compress and decompress the payload. Although the data compression gives must better performance and speed to the system.
- The compression and decompression API are not offered by TIBCO out of the box, which is a shame. These are so easy and simple to implement, still TIBCOdoes not provide them as an option out of the box.
One biggest advantage of the Tibco ActiveSpaces is it's ease of integration with the TIBCO suite of products. Hence it is more suitable to TIBCO AS in conjunction with the TIBCO suite of products.All products could offer the same or different level of advantages. For the enterprises that are already using the AWS, then they will prefer to go for Amazon ElastiCache. Oracle In-Memory Cache might have the same level of advantage but the if you are already using the TIBCO suite of products like the BusinessWorks, then TIBCO ActiveSpaces seems to be the right option since there is an out of box plugin available for TIBCO AS and it is compatible with TIBCO products.Otherwise, lots of custom coding is required to use the Oracle or Amazon products as these plugins are not readily available and supported by TIBCO BW.
Return on Investment
- Developers with basic knowledge of TIBCO and general data knowledge can easily design and develop an ActiveSpaces based cached solution. As the ActiveSpaces concepts are very simple and easy to understand.
- Some business areas can predict the high influx of a service usage during a certain period. Business will be highly rewarded if they can identify these business areas and provide a cached solution using TIBCO AS.
- Again, this is not a TIBCO ActiveSpaces only advantage and this is true for any/all caching products.
- Some examples for the previous points are
- a. telecom company pre-loading (eager load) customer's usage for the last month, right before releasing/issuing the bills to the customers.
- b. Airline industry loading the customer's itinerary a week before his travel start date. Hence the last minute scrambling to fetch the customer's itinerary travel plans can be avoided.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?