Don't buy this.

January 14, 2020

MSP Manager Review

September 25, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of N-able MSP Manager, and make your voice heard!

What is N-able MSP Manager?

N-able™ MSP Manager (formerly Solarwinds MSP Manager) is a cloud-based help desk and billing software for IT service providers, which includes a ticketing system, customer portal, technician mobile apps, billing tools, and reporting dashboards. MSP Manager offers a…

8 people want pricing too

What is Jira Service Management (Jira Service Desk)?

Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk, now including features from the former Mindville Insight, acquired by Atlassian in June 2020) is a service desk software that is purpose-built for IT, service, and support teams. The software provides everything IT and support teams need out-of…

What is Freshservice?

Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 10,000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.

What is N-able MSP Manager?

MSP Manager offers a lightweight ticketing system with a quick entry feature that allows users to capture essential information such as customer name, service items, and issue details from any screen. Tickets can also be created automatically from emails, with all email correspondence between clients and technicians captured within the ticket. Engineers can view their assigned tickets in the dashboard, prioritize work, and use the built-in timer to track time spent on each ticket. The native mobile apps for Android and iOS also allow technicians to create and view tickets, track time and expenses, receive notification of updates or changes, capture issues in notes or photos, access customer, location, device, and system information, and check standard procedures and configurations.

MSP Manager allows users to create invoices in batches and generate sample invoices to preview bills for individual clients. Billing is based on the time logged by engineers, but users can also log scheduled client appointments as billable time rather than having engineers create tickets. All invoices include details of service items, tickets, logged time, and expenses to keep clients informed of exactly what they are paying for.

N-able MSP Manager Features

Incident and problem management Features

• Supported: Organize and prioritize service tickets

N-able MSP Manager Screenshots

N-able MSP Manager Dashboard

N-able MSP Manager Integrations

N-able MSP Manager Competitors

N-able MSP Manager Technical Details

What is N-able MSP Manager's best feature?

Reviewers rate Subscription-based notifications and ITSM collaboration and documentation and ITSM reports and dashboards highest, with a score of 7.3.

Who uses N-able MSP Manager?

The most common users of N-able MSP Manager are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Tamara Ham | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MSP to support the business through documenting and tracking multiple clients/jobs, hours spent on each project with details of the work done, and multiple employees and their work. The company is quick to respond if there is an issue using either email or live chat. They are friendly and professional.
  • Communicates well with clients.
  • Quick to respond when there is an issue.
  • Labeling/titling work "labels" without all the extra steps.
It's a good company to grow with because as needs change there are more features available.
They're good at resolving issues when they arise.
January 14, 2020

Don't buy this.

We are a managed services provider. We use MSP Manager as our primary ticketing system across all our clients. We are using it for about 20 different clients. Some small, and 2 companies with over 500 employees. We use it for issue tickets and for project requests, that each client may need.
  • Web Based
  • Automated Ticket creation
  • Needs to auto refresh when tickets come in
  • Reporting in MSP Manager is terrible
If you have a small market client, with just a couple of employees, then this may be ok. You have to create each contact (anyone who will submit a ticket) manually. There is no upload option. You can give a list to SolarWinds and they will upload them, but they can't include title, phone numbers, or set them to use the portal. It's as if they tried to make the worst ticketing software possible.
I had the chance to talk to SolarWinds reps at their Empower conference. They asked how we liked MSP Manager. (For full disclosure, we use their whole suite of products). I told them it's the worst ticket software I have ever used. They said that it wasn't the first time they had heard that. I did not doubt that he was telling the truth.
Les Klassen Hamm | TrustRadius Reviewer
I provide IT services to small businesses and non-profits, both break/fix and managed services. I use MSP Manager in concert with SolarWinds RMM for ticketing and billing. It helps to automate the tracking and billing of my subscribed clients. I tried to use it as a ticketing system for my unmanaged clients, but it's a bit slow and cumbersome for that, and doing that work in QuickBooks seemed just as useful.
  • Billing automation straight through to Quickbooks' desktop has saved me a lot of time for clients on subscriptions. Adding tickets during the month and having them all show up in the Quickbooks invoices at month-end is a godsend in terms of time spent in billing/invoicing.
  • The ticketing system in the helpdesk definitely gives my business a more professional look, especially for clients looking for that kind of ticketing system.
  • Alerting me to aging tickets and the use of SLA (service level agreements) helps me prioritize client responses. Even with some of my better clients who don't have an SLA with me, I set up some fake SLAs to ensure I am responding in a timely manner.
  • It is just simply too slow! The web interface requires patience, even when moving between tabs or menu choices. This is by far the biggest detracting element of MSP Manager.
  • Input customization -- I would like the settings pages to allow me to customize some input screens, especially the Ticket Entry window. The "Quick Ticket" entry is missing a few key items I want in a trouble ticket, and the full ticket entry window has numerous fields I never use or are always the same, and so it just takes more time and effort than is necessary.
  • Both the asset tracking and the knowledge base should be more robust and integrally tied into the RMM console, so that licenses, serial numbers, procedures, network data are quick and simple to access from either interface.
If you are just looking for a ticketing and helpdesk system, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, as SolarWinds MSP is somewhat cumbersome and slow.
If you are looking to build managed services and a subscriber base, the tie in with their RMM product and the great integration with Quickbooks is really nice.
September 25, 2018

MSP Manager Review

We used MSP Manager across the whole organization to help manage all of our current helpdesk tasks. It kept track of time, billing, and our ticketing system.
  • Help Desk Ticketing is very easy to use and organize.
  • Billing is robust and keeps track of client contracts and time very well.
  • Role management and ticket routing client are very robust.
  • The options for billing take a lot of learning and tweaking to get just right for your company. It could be easier and have more options to choose from.
  • Custom templates for automatic helpdesk responses would be very helpful.
  • Per user-banked responses for each user to have quick replies to general tickets.
It is very well suited for MSPs with multiple employees and 10 or more clients. It is not very well suited for a small MSP with 1 employee and only a few clients.