Well priced RMM system

August 02, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Pulseway, and make your voice heard!

Enterprise

per endpoint

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.pulseway.com/pricing/?rfid=t…

What is Pulseway?

Pulseway is an IT monitoring and management solution that enables users to monitor, manage and control all systems and servers from a smartphone, tablet or browser. For system administrators, Pulseway sends a notification, so they can see an issue and sort it in seconds.

Pulseway features:

• Automation: Auto-remediation workflows, so that IT issues are fixed before users even notice them.
  • Mobile Access: Customers can monitor, manage, connect with and troubleshoot devices from their mobile devices, update tickets to enable a rapid response to issues.
  • Remote Control: It's proprietary remote control function allows to connect to monitored endpoints or network devices, remotely access user applications and files, transfer files to and from the endpoint, and chat with them.
  • Patch Management: Patch all your applications from any device and update all you Windows systems and servers.
  • Network Monitoring: Get complete visibility across the entire network with Pulseway Network Monitoring, turning Pulseway agents into probes and enrolling any discovered devices.

Pulseway gives System Administrators and MSPs a single pane view of their entire IT environment so they can know what is going on at any time. The software is scalable, working for business of any size letting them grow, and focus on things that are matter.

Pulseway Features

• Supported: IIS
  • Supported: SCOM
  • Supported: SNMP Monitoring
  • Supported: ESET Remote Administrator
  • Supported: Multi-Account Management (Multiple User Environment)
  • Supported: Notification Email Customization
  • Supported: Audit Log
  • Supported: OS Patch Management
  • Supported: 3rd Party Patch Management
  • Supported: Customisable Reporting
  • Supported: White Labelling
  • Supported: Cloud Backup

Pulseway Screenshots

Work from Anywhere, Using any DeviceAuto-Remediate IT IssuesGet Compete Visibility Across the Entire NetworkRemote Control to Any SystemPatch all Your Systems and ApplicationsCreate Powerful and Detailed Custom ReportsTroubleshoot from Any DeviceEdit and Run Scripts

Pulseway Videos

Pulseway App Overview - Demo
Pulseway Customer Case Study- Millennium IT Services
Pulseway: Workflows & Auto-Remediation
Pulseway - Introduction
Evolve in simplicity. Think Pulseway.

Pulseway Downloadables

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)51%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)7%

Pulseway Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac, Other: any Applications using the monitoring API
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web, Other: Windows 8
Supported CountriesAll countries
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German

I use Pulseway as a remote monitoring solution for systems. This allows me to monitor how my systems are performing and apply system updates or restart the machine if needed, all from my phone. Pulseway is such a nice system that I use it personally in my home to manage my systems as well.
  • System status at a glance
  • Remote windows updates
  • Remote restart functionality
  • Ability to see hardware that is installed in the system
  • Not all systems will display the same information; I have one system that will not display networking information
  • Remote-control functionality could be more robust
Pulseway is well suited for organizations that need to monitor multiple servers remotely all from your phone or another system. If you are not a business, you can still use Pulseway, but you may want to consider the model that allows for two systems to be monitored for free.
I have never had to use the support for Pulseway. However, when initially starting out, we would receive emails every so often asking how we are doing and if there is any support that they can provide. I would imagine that any request would be supplied with the same great support!
We are using Pulseway to monitor computers and servers, both internally and for our clients' systems. We use it to "keep an eye" on things. It notifies us if a computer is having problems, running out of disk space, has gone offline, etc. It can monitor things and let us know, for example, if a service stops running, or a particular event appears in the Event Logs. It notifies of when a server is shutting down, or rebooting, etc.

Pulseway also allows us to do things like remotely reboot a computer, or perform other remote management tasks. There are many things in Pulseway that we haven't made use of yet. It is a great solution for remote support, monitoring and management.
  • It monitors computers and notifies us of any issues with any computer.
  • It allows remote control of computers, such as requesting a computer to reboot itself.
  • It is very highly configurable to monitor exactly what we need to monitor. For example, on server, we can have it notify us any time the server is shutdown or rebooted. On the other hand, for a desktop computer, we don't have to be bothered with notifications when a user decides to reboot his computer.
  • Sometimes, notifications are delayed. I'm not sure if this is really a problem specific to Pulseway, or if it is more of an issue with networks, cell service, or notification processing on our phones.
Pulseway is well suited for just about any situation where there is a need to remotely monitor and manage computers. The most basic features are available to anyone with a free account, so even a home user can set it up and use to keep an eye on computers. The more sophisticated features require a fairly inexpensive subscription, but are well worth the cost for a business wanting to monitor the health of their servers, etc.

My experience with Pulseway is limited to using it in situations where there are fewer than a dozen or so computers/servers being monitored. I'm not really sure how well it scales up, so I can't say if it is a good solution for a large corporation with hundreds or thousands of machines that need to be monitored.
I haven't really needed much support for Pulseway, so I can't really say a whole lot about their support. Pulseway has been pretty much trouble-free for us. There are regular updates and new features. The updates never seem to break anything or cause problems. It just works.
Pulseway is being used at our company to manage all of our end-user devices. We manage multiple properties spread out over Arizona and other states in the US. Pulseway has been very helpful in automating tasks like running upgrades, backups, and pushing out new software or links to company resources. Pulseway gives us insight into each machine when there is an issue that needs to be resolved. We use the desktop client to support our clients remotely. Pulseway really helps manage hundreds of computers, without the need to leave your desk.
  • Running windows updates: Pulseway really helps us keep our end-user devices up to date, without the need to handle each device individually.
  • Sending notifications on our servers really helps with taking care of issues before they cause downtime.
  • Pulseway's remote desktop client works very well, even over slower internet connections.
  • It would be nice if they increased their scope of supported third-party apps.
  • It would be great if they would create an ios app for their ticket system.
  • If they could possibly build in a location service for tracking devices, that would be helpful.
  • If they had two-factor authentication, it would be nice.
I have used n-able and Pulseway, and I find Pulseway to be a better product and more affordable.
We use Pulseway to troubleshoot and access all PCs on our network. It allows me to troubleshoot, and walk other employees through what needs to be done as if I were standing right beside them. It also allows me to control the mouse if I need to show them something and they can watch and follow along.
I also use it to monitor what printers users have access to and to restart their PCs on the weekends when I am pushing updates.
  • Easily allows me to connect to remote computers.
  • It is nice that as an admin, I do not have to worry about users Domain Controller Password to get to their PC.
  • I would like to see a user-friendly mobile app that allows the same capabilities as the web interface and desktop version.
It's easy to use once you learn how to use it.
Our IT team used Pulseway to monitor all servers in our environment across Windows and Linux operating systems. It allowed us to not only administer them remotely, but also monitor their status and receive alerts based on rules set in the program. For example, we would receive alerts when a server was shutting down unexpectedly or if a user was locked out. This allowed us to respond to issues before users noticed.
  • Intuitive GUI
  • Integrations with common enterprise deployments, like Active Directory
  • Wide compatibility with many operating systems
  • No option for network mapping
  • Occasionally client on Windows Server will break
Pulseway works well in smaller, uncomplicated environments that need basic monitoring with management tools that they can use from a mobile device. It starts to fall apart if you have many servers meshed with each other, where it is useful to see how each machine connects to the others and how alerts from one machine are corresponding to alerts on another. There are more powerful monitoring tools where that is more appropriate.
August 02, 2018

Well priced RMM system

We use Pulseway across our entire organisation to service our internal infrastructure as well as our supported clients' infrastructures. It provides us with the ability to remotely monitor and respond to client requests and critical issues in real time, allowing us to focus on what we do best: supporting our clients.
  • Remote monitoring of both server and end user architechture
  • Remote access of Windows OS with both CLI and desktop sharing interfaces
  • Real-time monitoring dashboard (has now become critical to how we operate)
  • Remote access and control of Linux and Mac OS X architecture
If implementing in a heavily Microsoft orientated environment I would highly recommend implementing Pulseway as a monitoring and management tool. If environment is heavily Mac OS X or Linux/UNIX orientated the monitoring functions will operate without any issues, however configuration is a little clumsy and remote access is not to the standard of some of its more expensive competitors.
Brian Heersink | TrustRadius Reviewer
Pulseway is used in IT by our technicians, administrators and as a dashboard on the big screen in the office. Because of the multi-platform availability we have Pulseway installed on our phones, tablets and computers for keeping tabs on servers in our environment. The server administrators are able to do windows updates, reboot, troubleshoot, read event logs, reset AD passwords, run command line arguments and monitor disk space all from the Pulseway app. We have set up alerts to notify us on over utilized servers, low disk space and even customized alerts if CryptoLocker slips through the cracks and starts attacking a file server. Pulseway allows us to keep tabs on critical events and manage our infrastructure anywhere in the world. It enables administration to happen anywhere and anytime.
  • Pulseway is convenient and accessible with a well designed and non-cluttered UI.
  • Support has always been helpful and there is a user forum with an active community to provide additional information.
  • The amount of features jam packed in one application is astounding.
  • Remote desktop is great on the PC but no support for the app yet
Pulseway is well suited for IT environments of any size who need to manage environments of any size. I recommend it wholeheartedly above any other system administration tool in the industry. This is a necessary purchase for all system administrators anywhere.
Kenneth Hess | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Pulseway to monitor a few systems so that I can keep an eye on processes and disk space usage. I'm also sent email alerts when certain apps start. Only the IT department uses Pulseway. Pulseway allows me to keep a watchful eye on my systems from anywhere that my cell phone works. I can kill processes, run commands, install patches, and even communicate with users.
  • Pulseway gives you a complete view of your systems, even virtual machines, and hosts in a VMware environment.
  • It allows me to view the room from the webcam attached to a system.
  • I can communicate with logged on users in order to troubleshoot problems or warn them of an impending maintenance event.
  • I would like to be able to connect to the managed system's console if the app's capabilities still don't meet my needs.
  • I'd like for it to be easier to configure. Some operating systems, Linux for example, are not that easy to setup for disk space management. Windows and Mac are very easy to setup for it.
  • I'd like to be able to configure process restarts in case of a failure.
Pulseway works for Mac, Linux, and Windows--and works equally well for workstations as well as servers. It is a system administrator's best friend. Some administrators feel that its use in highly secure environments is inappropriate because of the depth and breadth of control one has outside of the restrictive environment.
March 16, 2018

Pulseway Evaluation

Phillip Hare | TrustRadius Reviewer
As the owner of an IT company - Pulseway is used to support our clients. I receive instant notifications of selected metrics of each of my client's computers allowing me to address problems before my client's even know there is a problem. Virus/malware detection, patch updates, unauthorized log on attempts, programs installed or uninstalled by client - to even the temperature of hard drive and processors. As my clients are located an hour from my office - this saves me considerable time in maintaining their networks.
  • Virus detection and removal
  • MS updates
  • Unauthorized logon attempts
  • Drive utilization
  • File transfer
  • There are a couple of computers that I keep ScreenConnect around for - as I lose connection with Pulseway and have to reestablish with ScreenConnect. I can't seem to get tech support interested in resolving this issue and it cost's me many $$ just to keep ScreenConnect running.
  • There is an issue with Webroot, their new endpoint solution. I can't get it to work - again, no help from Pulseway - they ignore my emails.
For what it does, when it does it, it is a great product. Weaknesses have already been discussed. I can't recommend this to a colleague until these issues are resolved. Tech support is the weak link.
Alex Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use, manage, and support a team of engineers and end users using the Pulseway suite of products. The helpdesk ticket management system integrates flawlessly with the Pulseway remote monitoring and alerting system, to enable ourselves to react quickly to problems before they become an issue. Pulseway gives a clear oversize of a problem with an easily accessible set of management tools and great reporting.
  • Helpdesk Ticket Management
  • Remote Server Management
  • Server Monitoring and Alerting
  • Integration with third-party tools and scripts
  • Windows updating features could be a little more clear, such as recommended, optional and mandatory updates.
  • Integration of PSA in to the Pulseway App would be useful for users of both systems, so you can easily switch between the two.
  • And/or a Pulseway PSA app, rather than the mobile optimised site which doesn't work so well on mobile devices.
  • Management of helpdesk tickets across multiple different customers and multiple different customer sites.
  • Management of multiple Windows servers, scripting, and updating by groups allows simple update management of client systems.
  • Integration of Hyper-V tools allows management of Virtual as well as physical PCs.
Chris Short | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Pulseway to monitor all mission critical servers that are connected to our client facing and internal infrastructures. It is used by the IT department, which uses its functionality to get a quick, real time glance at our systems. Pulseway's color coding system allows us to get instant feedback on the overall health of our servers.
  • Real time view of servers and alerting of any issues or resources beyond a specific threshold.
  • Customization of alerts. Allowing each server to have custom thresholds of resources.
  • Event viewer monitoring and custom alerting.
  • Maintenance mode - currently maintenance mode is enabled by individual servers. A way to put an entire group of servers into maintenance mode would be a huge time savings.
  • Rolling out bulk changes to the monitoring policies. Making a change to a template and it being applied to all servers in the same group.
  • More colors available for custom alerts.
Pulseway's ease of setup beats other high end competitors. We were able to get a monitoring dashboard created for all of our servers within a matter of hours and not days that it took to do the same with similar competitor products. The web dashboard makes it easy to set up. Not much in terms of network monitoring though.