https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/hX/k0/L4JJAST8FOC4.PNGPulseway is a requirement for every system administrator.Pulseway is used in IT by our technicians, administrators and as a dashboard on the big screen in the office. Because of the multi-platform availability we have Pulseway installed on our phones, tablets and computers for keeping tabs on servers in our environment. The server administrators are able to do windows updates, reboot, troubleshoot, read event logs, reset AD passwords, run command line arguments and monitor disk space all from the Pulseway app. We have set up alerts to notify us on over utilized servers, low disk space and even customized alerts if CryptoLocker slips through the cracks and starts attacking a file server. Pulseway allows us to keep tabs on critical events and manage our infrastructure anywhere in the world. It enables administration to happen anywhere and anytime.,Pulseway is convenient and accessible with a well designed and non-cluttered UI. Support has always been helpful and there is a user forum with an active community to provide additional information. The amount of features jam packed in one application is astounding.,Remote desktop is great on the PC but no support for the app yet,10,Pulseway has allowed us to address issues proactively and in the event of reactive issues it allows us to respond faster. Pulseway has saved countless trips back to work to look at a server.,Lansweeper and SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor,OneNote, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Office 365Pulseway: The System Administrator's Best FriendI use Pulseway to monitor a few systems so that I can keep an eye on processes and disk space usage. I'm also sent email alerts when certain apps start. Only the IT department uses Pulseway. Pulseway allows me to keep a watchful eye on my systems from anywhere that my cell phone works. I can kill processes, run commands, install patches, and even communicate with users.,Pulseway gives you a complete view of your systems, even virtual machines, and hosts in a VMware environment. It allows me to view the room from the webcam attached to a system. I can communicate with logged on users in order to troubleshoot problems or warn them of an impending maintenance event.,I would like to be able to connect to the managed system's console if the app's capabilities still don't meet my needs. I'd like for it to be easier to configure. Some operating systems, Linux for example, are not that easy to setup for disk space management. Windows and Mac are very easy to setup for it. I'd like to be able to configure process restarts in case of a failure.,10,Problems can be dealt with more rapidly because I have access to systems from anywhere. I don't have to carry a computer with me nor do I have to find a location with potentially non-secure wifi to gain access to my systems. I can handle 99% of my system admin tasks using Pulseway and never have to touch a system or connect to the console. Pulseway gives so much control over a system that I don't need to spend extra money on other software to perform management tasks.,,JitBit Help Desk, Spiceworks, iMoviePulseway: Keep A Finger On The Pulse Of Your EnvironmentOur IT team used Pulseway to monitor all servers in our environment across Windows and Linux operating systems. It allowed us to not only administer them remotely, but also monitor their status and receive alerts based on rules set in the program. For example, we would receive alerts when a server was shutting down unexpectedly or if a user was locked out. This allowed us to respond to issues before users noticed.,Intuitive GUI Integrations with common enterprise deployments, like Active Directory Wide compatibility with many operating systems,No option for network mapping Occasionally client on Windows Server will break,8,Greater responsiveness on IT team Less downtime for business critical systems because issues were surfaced quickly Easier management of servers (you can run updates on machines and reboot them...from your phone),NagiosWell priced RMM systemWe use Pulseway across our entire organisation to service our internal infrastructure as well as our supported clients' infrastructures. It provides us with the ability to remotely monitor and respond to client requests and critical issues in real time, allowing us to focus on what we do best: supporting our clients.,Remote monitoring of both server and end user architechture Remote access of Windows OS with both CLI and desktop sharing interfaces Real-time monitoring dashboard (has now become critical to how we operate),Remote access and control of Linux and Mac OS X architecture,10,Overall well priced Good feature setPulseway EvaluationAs the owner of an IT company - Pulseway is used to support our clients. I receive instant notifications of selected metrics of each of my client's computers allowing me to address problems before my client's even know there is a problem. Virus/malware detection, patch updates, unauthorized log on attempts, programs installed or uninstalled by client - to even the temperature of hard drive and processors. As my clients are located an hour from my office - this saves me considerable time in maintaining their networks.,Virus detection and removal MS updates Unauthorized logon attempts Drive utilization,File transfer There are a couple of computers that I keep ScreenConnect around for - as I lose connection with Pulseway and have to reestablish with ScreenConnect. I can't seem to get tech support interested in resolving this issue and it cost's me many $$ just to keep ScreenConnect running. There is an issue with Webroot, their new endpoint solution. I can't get it to work - again, no help from Pulseway - they ignore my emails.,6,Saves me a couple hours of driving on a regular basis Easy to deploy MS patches after hours Integration with Kaspersky is great - but we are moving away from Kaspersky for the same reasons the US government has,screenconnect,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)
Windows, Linux, Mac, Windows, Mac, Linux, Other: any Applications using the monitoring API
Pulseway

Pulseway Reviews

Pulseway
Filter 13 vetted Pulseway reviews and ratings
Brian Heersink profile photo
August 01, 2018

Review: "Pulseway is a requirement for every system administrator."

• Pulseway is convenient and accessible with a well designed and non-cluttered UI.
  • Support has always been helpful and there is a user forum with an active community to provide additional information.
  • The amount of features jam packed in one application is astounding.
  • Remote desktop is great on the PC but no support for the app yet
Pulseway is well suited for IT environments of any size who need to manage environments of any size. I recommend it wholeheartedly above any other system administration tool in the industry. This is a necessary purchase for all system administrators anywhere.
Read Brian Heersink's full review
Kenneth Hess profile photo
July 31, 2018

Review: "Pulseway: The System Administrator's Best Friend"

• Pulseway gives you a complete view of your systems, even virtual machines, and hosts in a VMware environment.
  • It allows me to view the room from the webcam attached to a system.
  • I can communicate with logged on users in order to troubleshoot problems or warn them of an impending maintenance event.
  • I would like to be able to connect to the managed system's console if the app's capabilities still don't meet my needs.
  • I'd like for it to be easier to configure. Some operating systems, Linux for example, are not that easy to setup for disk space management. Windows and Mac are very easy to setup for it.
  • I'd like to be able to configure process restarts in case of a failure.
Pulseway works for Mac, Linux, and Windows--and works equally well for workstations as well as servers. It is a system administrator's best friend. Some administrators feel that its use in highly secure environments is inappropriate because of the depth and breadth of control one has outside of the restrictive environment.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
August 02, 2018

Review: "Pulseway: Keep A Finger On The Pulse Of Your Environment"

• Intuitive GUI
  • Integrations with common enterprise deployments, like Active Directory
  • Wide compatibility with many operating systems
  • No option for network mapping
  • Occasionally client on Windows Server will break
Pulseway works well in smaller, uncomplicated environments that need basic monitoring with management tools that they can use from a mobile device. It starts to fall apart if you have many servers meshed with each other, where it is useful to see how each machine connects to the others and how alerts from one machine are corresponding to alerts on another. There are more powerful monitoring tools where that is more appropriate.
August 02, 2018

Pulseway Review: "Well priced RMM system"

• Remote monitoring of both server and end user architechture
  • Remote access of Windows OS with both CLI and desktop sharing interfaces
  • Real-time monitoring dashboard (has now become critical to how we operate)
  • Remote access and control of Linux and Mac OS X architecture
If implementing in a heavily Microsoft orientated environment I would highly recommend implementing Pulseway as a monitoring and management tool. If environment is heavily Mac OS X or Linux/UNIX orientated the monitoring functions will operate without any issues, however configuration is a little clumsy and remote access is not to the standard of some of its more expensive competitors.
Phillip Hare profile photo
March 16, 2018

User Review: "Pulseway Evaluation"

• Virus detection and removal
  • MS updates
  • Unauthorized logon attempts
  • Drive utilization
  • File transfer
  • There are a couple of computers that I keep ScreenConnect around for - as I lose connection with Pulseway and have to reestablish with ScreenConnect. I can't seem to get tech support interested in resolving this issue and it cost's me many $$ just to keep ScreenConnect running.
  • There is an issue with Webroot, their new endpoint solution. I can't get it to work - again, no help from Pulseway - they ignore my emails.
For what it does, when it does it, it is a great product. Weaknesses have already been discussed. I can't recommend this to a colleague until these issues are resolved. Tech support is the weak link.
Read Phillip Hare's full review
Alex Taylor profile photo
January 31, 2018

User Review: "Pulseway Server Management"

I use, manage, and support a team of engineers and end users using the Pulseway suite of products. The helpdesk ticket management system integrates flawlessly with the Pulseway remote monitoring and alerting system, to enable ourselves to react quickly to problems before they become an issue. Pulseway gives a clear oversize of a problem with an easily accessible set of management tools and great reporting.
  • Helpdesk Ticket Management
  • Remote Server Management
  • Server Monitoring and Alerting
  • Integration with third-party tools and scripts
  • Windows updating features could be a little more clear, such as recommended, optional and mandatory updates.
  • Integration of PSA in to the Pulseway App would be useful for users of both systems, so you can easily switch between the two.
  • And/or a Pulseway PSA app, rather than the mobile optimised site which doesn't work so well on mobile devices.
  • Management of helpdesk tickets across multiple different customers and multiple different customer sites.
  • Management of multiple Windows servers, scripting, and updating by groups allows simple update management of client systems.
  • Integration of Hyper-V tools allows management of Virtual as well as physical PCs.
Read Alex Taylor's full review
Chris Short profile photo
February 25, 2016

Review: "Pulseway - The Heartbeat of our System Monitoring"

We use Pulseway to monitor all mission critical servers that are connected to our client facing and internal infrastructures. It is used by the IT department, which uses its functionality to get a quick, real time glance at our systems. Pulseway's color coding system allows us to get instant feedback on the overall health of our servers.
  • Real time view of servers and alerting of any issues or resources beyond a specific threshold.
  • Customization of alerts. Allowing each server to have custom thresholds of resources.
  • Event viewer monitoring and custom alerting.
  • Maintenance mode - currently maintenance mode is enabled by individual servers. A way to put an entire group of servers into maintenance mode would be a huge time savings.
  • Rolling out bulk changes to the monitoring policies. Making a change to a template and it being applied to all servers in the same group.
  • More colors available for custom alerts.
Pulseway's ease of setup beats other high end competitors. We were able to get a monitoring dashboard created for all of our servers within a matter of hours and not days that it took to do the same with similar competitor products. The web dashboard makes it easy to set up. Not much in terms of network monitoring though.
Read Chris Short's full review

Pulseway Scorecard Summary

About Pulseway

Pulseway is an IT management solution that enables users to monitor, manage and control all their IT systems from a smartphone, tablet or browser. The Mobile App and Web App gives users complete control over all of their systems. Users can receive instant alerts when something goes wrong and react to resolve issues. Multi-Account Management allows users to create multiple users for a complete collaborative environment. Pulseway's Desktop Dashboard gives users a complete overview of their entire IT environment. It is color coded to signify the status of each system.

The vendor says it only takes 10 minutes to set up the solution and that it is trusted by thousands of leading organisations such as  DELL, Siemens, Louis Vuitton, Northwestern University and Conde Nast.

Pulseway Features

Has featureAmazon services
Has featureAzure services
Has featureSNMP
Has featureESET Remote Administrator
Has featureMulti-Account Management (Multiple User Environment)
Has featureNotification Email Customization
Has featureAudit Log

Pulseway Screenshots

Pulseway Integrations

Autotask, PagerDuty, Rackspace Managed Hosting, Zendesk, Eset, StorageCraft ShadowProtect

Pulseway Competitors

Professional1.34per endpoint
Enterprise1.74per endpoint

Pulseway Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

Pulseway Support Options