https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8Q/b9/W47TSZK0C41J.PNGScale is a great solution with second to none supportScale HC3 is being used across the entire organization for all our server needs. It is housing all our VMs as well as all of our network storage. It has solved the issues with VMWare licensing, an outdated SAN as well as multiple host servers required to properly run a VMWare environment.,The best thing about Scale is its simplicity. I used a VMWare solution for the past 5 years and never really felt like I had a grip on how to fully use it. I've had Scale in place for less than 6 months and am so confident in it, I feel as though I could almost train someone else on how to use it. Scale's technical support is second to none. I've had a couple of issues with it and everyone I've spoken with is knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help resolve any issue. With previous solutions, updating firmware is a large endeavor compared to Scale. Scale actually recommends doing it during production time instead of scheduling downtime during evenings or weekends. It makes managing everything easier without me having to come into work on my off time.,As with everything, I wish the price was a bit cheaper but by comparison to others but it's not bad when compared to similar solutions. Not that it was needed in my case but the option to have a Scale engineer on site for setup might be nice for some instances. The scheduling of the setup calls and training could be explained a little better and even possibly a quick overview of how to use the scheduling portion of the customer portal.,10,10,We run everything on our Scale solution. This includes a SQL server for our ERP software, multiple licensing applications as well as file servers and domain controllers. I even have some desktops set up for VPN purposes. Everything works flawlessly. I can't imagine a scenario where Scale wouldn't meet our needs.,Considering the short time I've had Scale, it's hard to speak to ROI but before purchasing we did compare costs of our previous solution in terms of licensing costs and future hardware costs and Scale was the less expensive option. From purely a power consumption perspective, the Scale solution is definitely a cost saving feature. I find myself with additional circuits that aren't needed any longer in my server room. Even in the short time I've had Scale in place, I can already tell that the uptime is better than with our previous solution.,Nutanix and VMware ESXiScale HC3, Hyper-Convergeance the Easy Way!We replaced our physical servers with the Scale HC3 solution at all three plants in the US. We host everything from file and print services to our ERP system and database on them. We also host a terminal server and a variety of other server infrastructure on the HC3 Cluster. Disaster recovery and business continuity are also completely managed on three clusters around our organization reducing the need for expensive and hard to manage DR solutions. Management and cost of operation of all these resources have been drastically simplified by this technology. The web management interface is simple and easy to use, yet extremely powerful and comprehensive. Because the Scale nodes have such a small 1-U footprint, we've found cooling and energy consumption has also been minimized.,Simplicity - Scale HC3 takes the guesswork and time investment out of managing a virtualized server environment and you don't need to go to expensive classes to become an expert. Performance has been stellar and reliability is unmatched. Our Scale nodes have been up and online since installation three years ago. The support staff is there to help if you ever need it and they'll look into your system at any time to make sure everything is running as designed. The virtualized environment is robust and scale-able and there's no need to do a server refresh ever again. If a node fails, the VMs migrate over to another node and no one except the IT staff knows about it. You can keep your old nodes in place until the disks fall out of them and you'll be covered.,It would be nice if we could add a storage only node with very little or no processing power. This would be nice because we wouldn't have to acquire server CALs every time we add storage.,10,10,Our ERP system runs on our Scale environment and it's flawless. Scale's data prioritization algorithm allows us to assign solid-state storage to that application so it performs with lightning-like speed. Our AutoDesk Vault application has synchronized instances across two of our locations allowing local copies of our design models for our drafting and engineering teams to have instant access to. We replicate our VMs to the nodes at the other plants so we get offsite backups which can be instantly stood up to verify their content or recover files.,We've been very happy with our decision to use Scale for our server refresh. It's been a positive experience by all accounts.,VMware ESXiScale Computing HC3 saved our IT InfrastructureThe Scale Computing HC3 solution is used across the entire organization. It replaced over 50U of traditional hardware down to 3U. Saving us a lot of aggravation dealing with multiple third party vendors for support and maintenance agreements, while simplifying our own internal support and maintenance of over 50 Virtual machines. The savings was so significant, that we realized an 18 month ROI and saved tremendously on energy costs. Additionally, a battery backup unit now provides us with over 7 hours of backup power vs. 45 minutes previously.,One point of contact for everything infrastructure, namely storage, compute and hypervisor. Updates can be applied with very little downtime if any, and no longer needs weeks/months of preparation. Recovering data is as easy as booting up snapshots, which we are now using as a backup tool. Can't wait to roll out Scale Computing at our disaster recovery site for painless failover and failback.,Wish there was flash drive when we purchased it, but they have it now, and actually have a retrofit for our existing units which we will consider implementing shortly.,10,10,We run a SQL based document management system from OpenText that manages close to 30TB of documents. Moving to Scale Computing HC3 gave users much faster search and fetch times by a factor of 5. We run 4 Exchange Servers along with 40 other application servers, which have all run seamlessly in the last two years. The hypervisor (KVM) allowed us to import old and new servers that are critical to our business. We converted many standalone servers to consolidate our physical footprint, for better management and performance.,18 month ROI, need I say more? Less time managing server infrastructure allows the IT team to focus on other projects. Increased battery backup time means "no" worry and/or stress whenever there is a power storm.,Nutanix,85,2,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,This is one for the history books. That is how I see the decision to introduce Scale Computing to our organization a few months after joining a new organization. A lot was riding on this direction, potentially my job should things go south. That said the solution never let me down, it established a better sense of trust from the executives and the IT Team, who are all now Scale converts. Going back, I wouldn't change a thing, and will gladly deploy Scale Computing in a heartbeat today and the next.Scale: Smart, Simple, Effective, Reliable, and so much more...We implemented Scale clusters in both of our offices as a replacement for the prior HyperV-Based VM infrastructure. We utilize Scale's built-in snapshot and replication technology to provide VM-level backup & DR protection. All of our primary storage is now managed as part of the Scale environment. Scale integrates VM operations, management, and protection into a unified system that provides more capability at lower cost than the multi-vendor collection of products we used previously.,Scale's hyperconverged environment presents a single pool of resources that support our VMs. It intelligently handles decisions related to storage provisioning and load balancing across nodes. Snapshots and replicas are created in a few clicks within a simple to use web interface. Gone are layers of settings found in some other products we've used. The 'at-a-glance' dashboard tells me everything I need to know about the current status and utilization of the Scale cluster.,The ability to cut, copy, and paste into a console in a browser tab would be wonderful. I appreciate the ability to click on the storage gauge on the dashboard and drill down into detail. Shouldn't that be available on every gauge? The ability to schedule exports, restarts, etc from the management interface would be useful.,10,10,Our environment is 100% virtualized and entirely on Scale Computing. This includes Main file servers; Active Directory domain controllers, SQL servers; speech processing systems; print servers; security management servers; e-discovery hosts; RDS server farms; legal application servers. Our experience is that, no matter what we ask Scale to do, it does it very well. We P2V moved our primary file server on to the Scale cluster with zero issues.,Our Scale investment will pay for itself in 2 years with the reductions we're seeing in server licensing, management software, backup software, and online backup services. We've had zero downtime attributable to Scale.,Nutanix Acropolis and StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA)HC3: Flexibility AND PerformanceScale HC3 has replaced our traditional stack of servers, storage, and networking for our entire organization. We have two clusters, a one node, and a three node. Implementation of HC3 reduced our server refresh cost by 40% and provided a flexible architecture where, going forward, we can add or replace nodes on a planned periodic basis rather than monolithic refreshes every four years. The ease of deployment and maintenance are a significant benefit to our small organization.,Simplified management. Management of the cluster is via a single web interface, it is simple and does not require extensive training to navigate or operate making it accessible to mid-level staff. The flexibility of the hardware mix within a cluster. Allowing a variety of hardware levels and ages within a cluster and the system's ability to assigned loads to best leverage this mix of hardware allows us to manage cost by not "over buying" hardware capacity to meet a few high demand workloads. Support by Scale. We have had few needs to contact support which is the first plus, but secondly, when we have had needs or questions responses have been prompt and accurate with first contact resolution.,The tools for migrating to the HC3 platform have a few issues and caused issues with some security keys and certificates. After a couple issues we ended up migrating key servers by using a fresh build and migrating data with was more disruptive but more successful.,10,10,Primary loads in our environment are databases (MS SQL and Postgress) as well as file and document management. These all have high demand and IO activity and the platform has responded well to these demands.,The platform saved us 40% at deployment vs. traditional alternative and was a substantially smaller investment that alternative hyper-convergence solutions with similar performance specifications. We have been able to reduce head-count by one with the HC3 platform in place. We have been able to eliminate the annual licensing cost associated with VMware which added to the ROI of HC3.,
Windows, Linux, Unix
Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Scale Computing HC3
Showing 153 of 225 Scale Computing HC3 ratings and reviews.

Tracy Burton profile photo
March 12, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale is a great solution with second to none support"

Support

They are second to none in terms of technical support. In all my time in IT, I've used a lot of different vendors' technical support and I've never had one that I would rate higher than Scale. Responsiveness, knowledge, and willingness to help until they know the issue is resolved are all aspects that Scale has demonstrated on every instance.
Read Tracy Burton's full review
Dominique Joseph Chung profile photo
March 08, 2019

Review: "Scale Computing HC3 saved our IT Infrastructure"

Support

In the two years since deploying the Scale Computing HC3 solution, we called support once to ask if we could change the way we configured our redundant SFP+ switches. That is a testament to how awesome the product works if support is barely needed for the multiple migration, updates, management, etc that we've done in that time.
Read Dominique Joseph Chung's full review
David Roden profile photo
March 05, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale: Smart, Simple, Effective, Reliable, and so much more..."

Support

We had a lot of interaction with Scale support when we were getting started. Since then, we have only had a few (mostly routine) support issues. Every time, no matter which tech we speak to, we always feel like we are Scale's most important customer. The help we receive is excellent and well-informed. We never get the sense that someone is guessing, and most of the time we receive additional help or insight that increases our knowledge of, and appreciation for, the product. The people at Scale love their product.
Read David Roden's full review
Chris Waddilove profile photo
February 20, 2019

"Scale Computing HC3 - First Time User Review"

Support

Support has always been awesome - quick resolution times, quick call back times, generally short wait queue. Staff regularly follow-up on tickets even if generally unnecessary (i.e. we know this is the solution to your problem, but would you like us to follow-up tomorrow to make sure it did indeed work and nothing else is outstanding?). Have had to deal with them both during business hours as well as after hours. After hours support was just as awesome as business hours - really nice when you call back and someone remembers who you are/what problem you had and you don't have to completely re-explain it from scratch. Techs are also very technical, I "click" with most of them almost right away.
Read Chris Waddilove's full review
Jeffrey Wright profile photo
March 19, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Systems Worth Investing In!"

Support

I have to be honest. I have not had to use the support. That to me means Scale Cluster sells a product that works! A rare thing these days with companies pushing systems out to meet their Marketing Department release demands. Looks good on Scale Cluster and makes other companies just look poorly managed.
Read Jeffrey Wright's full review
Richard Barrie profile photo
March 12, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale: It allowed us to triple our business size without tripling our IT costs."

Support

Scale has ALWAYS been right there at the point of need, no matter what method we use to contact them, online chat, remote tunnels to our machines or through the ticket system. They have never failed us in any request.
Read Richard Barrie's full review
Justin Miles profile photo
March 11, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Electric Cooperative Life Made Easier"

Support

They've been super easy to work with, very responsive when you start a call or an email, and seem very knowledgeable. We have had no complaints in working with support. The built-in tools in the Scale web interface make it easy to let support in to analyze any issues.
Read Justin Miles's full review
Diego Mármol Martínez profile photo
March 09, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Suitable for a small data center"

Support

Scale support has been always quick and clear when required. However, product information is scarce, so sometimes it is difficult to improve the system, requiring continuous contact with Scale support in order to solve each issue.
Read Diego Mármol Martínez's full review
Kelly Mumm profile photo
March 08, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Dumped Xen for Scale"

Support

The support from implementation to daily questions is great. We struggled to get a few VMs brought over from our previous Xen server environment. Scale's support spent multiple days on the phone with me diving pretty deep into the Windows OS to resolve issues that had nothing to do with Scale.
Read Kelly Mumm's full review
Ben Damon profile photo
March 08, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale Computing HC3: Not your Average Virtual Environment!"

Support

They provide all the support you would ever need, from the initial setup of the cluster and software upgrades to provisioning and maintenance of the virtual servers. We haven't needed to call much at all, but when we did, they were able to remotely connect, using a built-in tool, and solve all of the problems quickly.
Read Ben Damon's full review
Mike Hollingsworth profile photo
February 27, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "HC3 - A fantastic solution for all your needs."

Support

In the odd occasion that I have to contact support, I have always found them to be extremely helpful and efficient with getting the systems back online. The HC3 reports back to Scale and auto orders replacement drives as they fail within the cluster. We have three clusters on site and have had just one disk failure in almost 5 years.
Read Mike Hollingsworth's full review
Maxim Proulx profile photo
February 19, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Make it easy on yourself."

Support

They walked me through the first set-up and they responded to any support request promptly and efficiently, without insulting my intelligence as an IT professional but willing to assist whenever needed. The troubleshooting steps provided in the tickets are actually read by the tech and we can move forward quickly to a viable solution.
Read Maxim Proulx's full review
Shane Worley profile photo
March 13, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "SCALE is Pretty Darn Awsome"

Support

They are pros, that have a team that really seems to know their products. They respond to our requests in a timely manner, professionally, and without hesitation. Their products are very stable and provide a secure and resilient platform.
Read Shane Worley's full review

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution