SimilarWeb PRO

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SimilarWeb PRO, and make your voice heard!

Free

$0

per month

Enterprise

Contact sales team

What is SimilarWeb PRO?

SimilarWeb PRO is a marketing intelligence platform from UK company SimilarWeb.

SimilarWeb PRO Technical Details

What is SimilarWeb PRO?

SimilarWeb PRO is a marketing intelligence platform from UK company SimilarWeb.

What is SimilarWeb PRO's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses SimilarWeb PRO?

The most common users of SimilarWeb PRO are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

I used this platform while working on SEO campaigns for clients specifically for competitive research as well as keyword research. We needed an efficient tool to provide insights into our client's competitors in order to provide a snapshot as part of our strategies. We also wanted a solution that sped up our keyword gap analysis process.
  • I love their Market Quadrant Analysis, I can download a PNG file and add it directly to my strategy presentation
  • The Similar Sites feature has been helpful in identifying search competitors and getting keyword ideas
  • The Competitive Research area allows me to compare my client's sites with specific competitors and get a quick snapshot of their performance side-by-side
  • Some of the metrics provided were not accurate when compared to my client's Google Analytics metrics, specifically for visits and channels, they were way off, which made me question the validity of the other metrics I didn't have a way of checking, I found.
  • Overall, they offered lots of bells and whistles but I didn't find most of them particularly helpful for my type of work
SimilarWeb Pro is a good tool to use for competitor research, they offer so many different metrics and charts that will allow you to gain insights at a glance. They also allow you to compare 2 competitors side-by-side, which is super helpful. I didn't have a chance to use their conversion tracking tool but it did look very comprehensive from poking around in that area for a bit.
Ashok Kalra | TrustRadius Reviewer
Use SimilarWeb PRO primarily for competitor analysis with a range of metrics to compare against including Website analysis and comparison in terms of visits, page views, etc. App Analysis comparison with competitors is another important section we use to compare against competitors and the whole industry Another important feature is to be able to analyze search trends, keywords being typed on search engines, and how my own brand might fare against the competitor's Features as Competitive Landscape gives in the detail view of actual position against the actual competitors in the marketplace with the ability to choose direct competitors and to be able to focus on improvement areas All these metrics in combination we tend to use to plan for marketing promotion planning with going into details like keyword planning, landing pages to be associated and which platform to be promoted from website, apps, etc
  • The traffic metrics shown for websites are near to actual numbers and with the division of the traffic by channels, devices, locations, etc for competitor mappings
  • Search Interest Analysis also helps a lot in terms of choosing the right keywords not just for our Organic Search but for our Paid Search and Paid media activities as well
  • Audience Loyalty is another important feature hard to get hands-on otherwise and it helps us a benchmark against industry numbers and identify plus and minuses
  • The industry Search feature can be expanded into some of the subsectors to et more granular and better comparison against those metrics like Financial services can be broken down into subsectors like investment management, Private Equity, etc
  • Those trend graphs can be improved a bit on Industry Trends to maybe show the top5 by default. Having too many lines can be too much when you land on the page
  • Missing functionality to Compare Social Media trends to help us define social media strategy separately
Well suited for understanding broader web and app trends and comparison with industry benchmarks Search Terms did help us identify some keywords which we should utilize more often and we use them every month or so for optimization Audience Loyalty is also a good indicator to compare against some of our other surveys Less Appropriate: Bit of a struggle to be able to connect to our internal BI tools and import in some of these metrics via an API App category search looks less populated in terms of number of apps in their database and hence might not give an accurate view of the industry benchmarks for all those metrics and should be considered with a pinch of salt
We use SimilarWeb PRO to track our company and sector performance. We can validate investment hypotheses all in the same platform. We don't need to hire an analyst for our company using this software. The main reason we love SimilarWeb PRO it enhances our sales performance using sales marketing and creating CRMs.
  • Booking Demos are helpful
  • Al in one platform
  • Security and privacy trusted
  • mobile friendly
  • offer more than a week free trial
  • have a rep to contact directly
As a small business, we aim to have the best product that can offer so many options on one platform. it makes it easier when we can combine all the services we need into one. It helps with our cost and sometimes we can avoid adding more expenses, for example, adding a new employee when we can use software to help out instead. SimilarWeb PRO has an option to make a custom package that suits your needs. This helps us concentrate on which services we can work with and make sure we take advantage of all the services available.
Abhay Ranjan | TrustRadius Reviewer
SimilarWeb PRO has helped in complete website analysis, keyword analysis for my website, and organic and paid competitor analysis. The best thing I like here is its keyword gap tool and display ads tool. It also helped me to see competitors' hottest landing pages, and how they are making the best from this.
  • website analysis
  • keyword analysis
  • competitors analysis
  • landing page analysis
  • limited tracking of social media account
  • It does not track data of small website
  • Report are shown on desktop version only
SimilarWeb PRO has a very easy-to-use interface, easy to download. It has some new features like competitive tracking up to 25 competitors. The conversion tracking feature is also very advanced. It is the best tool for website analysis. It is less appropriate for the small websites as when you perform the analysis you will not get much more data.
I utilize SimilarWeb Pro to assess a possible partner's traffic potential and viability. I utilize their website statistics and in-depth stats since I need to know how many visitors I can expect on a daily basis in significant quantities. Utilize it to put together proposals when we need to give insight into what is happening specifically in searches. Also, we utilize it to analyze our present clients' competitors and figure out how we can take advantage of areas that our rivals aren't.
  • Analyzing traffic.
  • Effortful competition.
  • An analysis of the market.
  • Smaller-scale website statistics.
  • Smaller websites' traffic figures.
  • Impact Radius integration would be a plus.
SimilarWeb provides a wealth of information about various websites. Knowing which websites are the most popular and which are not, seeing what material is the most popular, and determining where to concentrate your time and efforts are all incredibly beneficial. Although the cost is high. Identifying related sector websites' traffic viability is crucial for my business, and I require instant access to this data right now. According to traffic and engagement analytics, SimilarWeb helps me identify which websites are worth reaching out to.
SimilarWeb PRO is a very user-friendly and well-designed interface. Using new features and answering inquiries doesn't necessitate consulting a manual or contacting customer care. More revenue and better products and services will result as a result of our ability to use more of our data and make wiser decisions. SimilarWeb PRO helped us evaluate and categorize our readership so that we could develop blog content that they would enjoy.
  • Visitors, views, and traffic quality are all included in a website's study.
  • Demographics are converging.
  • Insightful inquiry.
  • In rare cases, it might take a month or more for data to be updated.
  • It might be difficult to convey to clients the importance of data.
  • There is usually a scarcity of organic keywords.
Using this technology, I've been able to better study my primary competitors' digital strategies and make educated market forecasts. Focusing on the most important and specialized areas of our business has allowed me to generate more engaging content for our audience and save time. A fantastic tool for assessing the revenue possibilities of various prospects, it served its purpose well. Customers' and rivals' websites' traffic and performance may be analyzed with this service.
We use SimilarWeb PRO to analyze competitors ad copy, provide market research and data insights, and find new market opportunities. We research competitors in the same industry and gain valuable insider knowledge on how much volume/traffic their websites are generating and how we can compete and strategize how to beat their strategies.
  • Competitor analysis
  • Ad copy
  • Market insight
  • Volume estimator
  • Mobile research
  • organic keywords always lacking
  • price for similar tools out there
Well suited for marketing/advertising agencies managing brands or individual books of business. Not as well suited for large corporations with strict red tape guidelines who cannot get creative with their competitor ad copy strategies. It is well suited for analyzing competitor keywords, ad copy and volume estimates. Not great at organic traffic research.
Saleh Mobin | TrustRadius Reviewer
SimilarWeb PRO has an incredibly intuitive interface and is very well designed. I don't have to read a help guide or contact customer service to use new features and answer questions. We'll be able to do more with our data and make smarter decisions, which will lead to more sales and better products and services for our customers. With the help of SimilarWeb PRO, we analyzed and segmented our audience and produced blog content that is more appealing to them. I've been able to create more engaging content for our audience and save time by focusing on the most pertinent and specialized aspects of our brand. It was an excellent tool for evaluating the revenue potential of different opportunities. It offers superior web analytics and data on the web traffic and performance of clients' and competitors' websites.
  • Benchmarking of traffic
  • Pay-per-click benchmarking
  • Insightful investigation
  • Convergence of demographics
  • Website analysis includes visitors, views, and traffic quality.
  • Data isn't always real-time; some details take a month.
  • It's sometimes hard to explain data's value to clients.
SimilarWeb PRO offers a wealth of data on competitors, including web traffic, referring domains, audience overlap, SEO keyword opportunities, and eye-opening market trends. With the help of this tool, I've been able to understand better the digital strategies of my main competitors (referrals keywords, etc.) and make some educated predictions about market developments. There is a five-website limit, which is a drawback, but I recommend it.
Yogesh Dhankar | TrustRadius Reviewer
For Competitor Traffic Research, Traffic Analysis, and Market Research
  • You can easily find out the traffic analytics of competitors
  • You can easily find out the paid campaigns and their ad sets of competitors and their traffic percentage
  • Easily find out the marketing trends
  • Easily compare the competitor's site health and traffic to yours
  • Doesn’t give the site health and improvement actions on site error
  • Lack of content ideation
  • Lack of deep backlink research
It works well when comparing two websites: where you are and where the competitors are in terms of traffic analytics or on which medium your competition has the maximum and minimum traffic mediums. It doesn’t work on errors of website, website health, and scope areas in content.
Vikash Singh (Agency Ace of the Year) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Use for competitors' research Traffic analytics - use find the sources of traffic (organic, paid, referral, social). Keyword research Help in finding the competitor's ad sets and their traffic percentage share.
  • Traffic analytics.
  • Competitive research.
  • Market Analysis.
  • Limited result for social analytics.
  • Content ideation.
  • link building.
Competitors' research and traffic analytics were done well. However, lag in content ideation and backlink analytics.
In order to evaluate potential new affiliate partners that I want to reach out to and engage, I use SimilarWeb Pro to determine traffic potential and how viable a potential partner can be. Their website data and in-depth metrics are useful for me as I need to quickly determine traffic potential in large numbers on a daily basis.
  • Web traffic analysis
  • Mobile traffic
  • Competitor analysis
  • Engagement metrics
  • Website data for smaller websites
  • Engagement metrics for smaller websites
  • Integration with Impact Radius would be nice
I am creating an affiliate marketing program where I need to outreach dozens, if not hundreds, of publishers frequently. I need to be able to quickly determine how viable web traffic is for similar websites in the industry. SimilarWeb lets me quickly determine which websites are worth reaching out to, based on traffic and engagement metrics.
Use it for pulling together pitches when we need to provide insights as to what is happening across the search space in particular. We also use it for researching competitors of our current clients and figuring out ways we can take advantage of areas the competitors are not actively targeting in paid search.
  • Use for high-level industry estimates (and can segment into selected companies)
  • Use for providing on-site behavior estimates
  • Understanding detailed activities within search, social, GDN Display, content marketing
  • Needs a larger data set
  • More expensive than Semrush
  • Less features than Semrush
Evaluate Performance & Understand Competitive Landscape
- Understand % of paid search traffic going to their current client relative to competitors.
- Track investment competitors are making in paid search over time (PPC Spend)
- Understand core keywords shared, wins, opportunities & losses (Keyword Gaps)
- Drill down into paid search performance over time with traffic & engagement insights to determine those web visitors level of attention

Planning & Optimization
- Find paid keywords based on a seed keyword, keyword gaps, seasonality or by industry (Keyword Generator)
- Reveal top-performing paid search terms and understand search traffic from that KW, competitive traffic share split, volume, CPC, position, SERP features and destination URL (Keywords)
- Analyze specific keywords to identify search volume and paid competitors (Paid Search Competitors)
- Review top paid ads being used as part of paid search campaigns and identify messaging, copy, snippets, images, and more that have resulted in traffic growth or decline. (Search Ads & Product Ads)

Operational Efficiency
- Create, monitor, and share the lists of keywords that are most valuable to their digital strategy and campaigns, and the campaigns of their competition (Keyword Lists)
Md Sarwar | TrustRadius Reviewer
The free plan allows you to perform basic analyses on websites to find out the most popular pages, most visited sites, etc. SimilarWeb PRO is a powerful tool for marketers to get a quick overview of a website and understand how visitors interact with the site. I don't really have any problems using it. It's pretty straightforward. I've always been interested in finding out how my competitors are doing.
  • Analyses on websites
  • Popular pages
  • Overview of a website
  • Keyword Research
  • Backlink
  • Not 100% accurate
SimilarWeb offers a lot of data on different websites. It is extremely helpful to know which websites are the most popular and which ones are not, to see what content gets the most attention, and to find out where you should spend your time and efforts. Although the price is great, you can only see limited data on the free plan.
This is a great tool! Since the implementation, it helped our team define a better MKT strategy and win more market share in a fast and efficient way. It also helped better identify and segment our audience, which converted in more engaged traffic.
  • Helps us Identify accurately different traffic sources.
  • Provides us with two scenarios: one, helps us become aware of what is our position in the industry or niche, and the second provides a great picture of our competition.
  • Helps with getting data quickly and easily for most websites. It provides information like: Bounce rate, page views, monthly visits, etc.
  • Sometimes it cant find a website and some other times a lot of the data is inaccurate.
  • Customer support is pretty bad.
  • It is quite expensive but it's totally worth if your goal is to increase market share.
PRO: We use this tool in pitches and it gives us a great competitive insight into our competitors and their activity. This tool is the best entry-level solution for studying any website. It returns useful information that any digital marketer shall know about the competition. Con: Their dashboard is very slow, and only allows to add limited amount of competitors.

Lacks data and has high discrepancy…

Lacks data and has high discrepancy when compared with Google Analytics and other solutions.

If you want to avoid embarrassing situations with your clients/prospects; then avoid Similarweb Pro/enterprise.

Asked account management for support and got nothing for weeks while being charged a huge monthly amount, add to that the frustration of the need to a different solution, waste of time and extra cost.

• Good UX/UI
  • Easy to use and train users on it
  • No data at all or data is inaccurate
  • Expensive with low ROI
Not sure, when data is the problem
At the moment, we utilize SimilarWeb PRO for new business pitches, SEO insight, and competitive landscape reviews. It is used by our strategy, SEO, analytics, business development, and media teams. The biggest thing we ultimately use it for is to review how a brand stacks up against the competition, which is key for our planning.
  • Low traffic threshold
  • Covers paid and organic
  • Cost effective
  • Doesn't include all paid media
  • Still has a traffic threshold
Ultimately I would, in fact, recommend SimilarWeb PRO to any of my colleagues. There are multiple platforms in the space, but SimilarWeb PRO is definitely one of the top three. Its capabilities, bells and whistles, and tech are fairly interchangeable with the other top platforms in the space.
Mark Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
SimilarWeb PRO helps me to compare our linking strategies and marketing efforts to our own. I love how intricate the engagement metrics can be if you take the time to learn. Platforms like these all seem overwhelming at first, but SimilarWeb PRO leads you in the direction to make decisions that will benefit your company.
  • Keyword analyzer helps to lock down your search terms.
  • Traffic Share among brands is easily accessible.
  • Correlating some of the Trending Apps with your own marketing can be confusing.
  • You might have to upgrade if you are looking for Website Segment Analytics.
I give SimilarWeb an 8/10 because, while I love the features available and the upgraded version takes care of all of your SEO research, the interface is a little dated. Also, our website was blue and orange a long time ago, and I associate it with antiquity. However, it's a powerful and effective tool for marketers of any level.
Support is just helpful and effective when you need them; we have only needed to contact them once about a misunderstanding while setting up our Market Analysis. Since we don't really contact them too often, it's hard to offer anything but a positive rating from the single positive experience we had with tech support.
It's a competitive intelligence tool, which provides great insights to multiple stakeholders in the company. This is used by various teams such as marketing, business, and product teams who use it for understanding competitors' user acquisition channel mix, their user funnel and retention, and the market share and top of the funnel user behavior, etc.
  • Traffic data: it helps understand traffic channel-wise data for all competitors, such as how many shares of paid and organic traffic are competitors getting, from display vs SEM, etc. in granular details.
  • Keyword data: it helps understand which keywords to focus on for both SEO and your paid marketing.
  • Market share and user segment data: it helps to plan new business categories, check your standing in your current business categories, etc.
  • Pricing: it's very high for smaller players to afford.
  • On the SEO side, they could perhaps add more information as shared by some of the other SEO tools; this will help us avoid multiple tool subscriptions for SEO purposes.
  • I don't have any other cons.
It's a very strong tool that helps multiple stakeholders in the company, and helps you set direction strategically too, thus for medium to large scale companies, I would strongly recommend having a competitive intelligence tool..and SimilarWeb is actually one of the best ones out there in this domain, so just go for it.
Support has been good. Earlier they used it to take more time in responding, since they did not have a local team here. But now they have a local team for India, so it's become all the more efficient, and we always get priority support within a few minutes from their team.
It is being used by the research and consultancy department within our larger full-service Advertising agency. We use SimilarWeb PRO in order to see website traffic, search and social referrals, trends within paid and organic media, etc. It is a great tool to use to get a sense of total reach and impressions.
  • Easy to use - does not take a lot of training
  • Ability to look at other countries traffic rather than just the US
  • Has easy to read graphs that visualize the data in a digestible manner
  • Going back further in time during the range, I think currently you can only go back 24 months
  • Able to see the conversion rates more clearly
  • More in depth Social Review section
I think that SimilarWeb can be used for companies or departments looking to get a greater sense of website and general online traffic for a certain brand, individual, etc. I think that the tool requires little to no training as it's easy to navigate and the interface is clean and precise.
SimilarWeb is being used by all levels of my organization. In previous roles, it was only used by the revenue org. SimilarWeb helps our reps understand individual publisher sites and how they compare to other sites of similar size. The software allows for pre-qualifying leads to give accurate views of web traffic and the type of traffic most prevalent on site.
  • Breakdown web traffic patterns
  • Identify similar web sites
  • Identify location of most of the web traffic
  • Sometimes, web site visit traffic is inaccurate. This is learned by gaining access to a publishers GA to verify their traffic statistics
  • Would be helpful to know that if a site pays for traffic, the type of ads that are being used.
  • Not all competitive site are actual similar
Working on the revenue side of the business in sales and business development, I think SimilarWeb should be used to do accurate prospecting on a website. Seeing as I solicit Publisher businesses, this has been an extremely helpful tool in doing some qualifying of the quality of a publisher site. I do not think this is the be all and end all and should be used in conjunction with other prospecting tools to gain an accurate overview of a site or business.
SimilarWeb is a great tool to help us understand which sites are popular and have heavy traffic. It helps to identify whether a site may have good SEO ranking strength. It also indicates where a site gets traffic from, to help benchmark clients' sites.
  • The chrome extension gives snapshot data instantly for almost every site I visit
  • Traffic data and historical context helps show interesting trends
  • Traffic source data helps us to see which sites may be strong in SEO (or other channels)
  • Some of the data seems inaccurate and could be impacted by the nature of data collection
  • The free version that I use has limited comparison options
  • Identifying sites that link building efforts should be focused on.
  • Benchmark SEO traffic with competitors
  • See what other sources of traffic competitors are enjoying
December 14, 2018

SimilarWeb Review

My team (the business operations team) is the primary team that uses SimilarWeb PRO. We use it to understand the size of the market and the different patterns/trends. The industry analysis can be pretty helpful.
  • Easy to understand metrics (there's a lot of columns and filtering that helps us understand the market landscape)
  • Data appears to be accurate
  • Pretty useful for competitor analysis
  • There are only two ways to use SimilarWeb -- basically either the free, limited version, or a fully paid plan. No in-between to trial/test.
SimilarWeb Pro's data served as a critical piece of a massive market sizing project.
I am a sales manager, my team and I use SimilarWeb PRO to find out more about the market, trends, about our partners and competitors, we use industry analysis for that. Our marketing team also uses the tool very extensively, mostly for the website and app analysis as well as industry analysis.
  • Industry leader analysis is pretty thorough and accurate
  • The software is well made and it's easy to set up and use
  • Local analysis (filter by country) is helpful and works well
  • First of all pricing options. SimilarWeb offers just 2 options: Free and Enterprise. What about startups and small businesses?
  • If they offer just 2 plans, it would be great to have some more features in the free plan
  • The tool offers a lot of good capabilities for marketers, but not so much for sales and business development managers
SimilarWeb PRO is suited best for marketing and business development teams within medium businesses and enterprises. If you are a small company with not a big budgets for marketing and sales tools, you can use SimilarWeb Pro free version, but it has very limited capabilities comparing to Enterprise plan, so it won't be much value from the tool.
We use SimilarWeb PRO within our Marketing Department, it's been used by all members of our marketing team. We use SimilarWeb PRO to collect and analyze the data about our web and mobile applications, as well as to get some insights about our competitors, about our industry and trends in the industry.
  • SimilarWeb offers a free plan for beginners that includes up to five results per metric, one month of mobile app data, and three months of web data, which is great for a startup company.
  • I like competitors analysis a lot - it is very convenient and gives many insights.
  • Google Play Keywords analysis is great, helps to see what amount of traffic each keyword brings within the Google Play Store
  • Website and mobile app data that showed on similar web sometimes incorrect. I compared data in our Google Analytics and on SimilarWeb and have to say that Google Analytics is much more accurate and processes new data much faster.
  • Pricing options are not good at all; there are just a free account with very limited capabilities, and anEnterprise account, which is expensive. It'd be good to have something in between. Yes, they can customize the plan for each business, but it is always better to see plans and price options before contacting support.
  • It would be great to have an option to download and integrate data from other resources.
Free plan is well suited for companies that do not want to spend much money and at the same time do not need much data to analyze. Enterprise and other customized plans is well suited for medium and big businesses that have enough marketing budget and need to process significant amount of data.
Jimmy Mack | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used SimilarWeb across the marketing department to identify website trends, keyword searches, geographic location of those visiting our website, and more. It is a great tool to identify who is coming to your website and if the content you have on your website resonates with your target audience. We were then able to use this data for SEO purposes.
  • Basic website analysis, including total visits, traffic share and an estimated UMV number
  • Audience analysis, including who is visiting your website along with basic demographic information
  • SEO help: using traffic sources and search information you can use the data to improve your website's SEO
  • It is not as robust as Google Analytics (when implemented properly)
  • It comes at a cost (Google Analytics is free)
  • Some of the statistics are a bit off from those we receive from our CMS analytics
SimilarWeb is a great tool to use for people who want to venture into the world of website analytics but are unable or don't have the knowledge to do a full Google Analytics integration. It cannot get quite as deep as Google Analytics does when GA is implemented properly, but SimilarWeb is a great place to start if you have the budget for it.