Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SumTotal Talent Development, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
To thrive in an ever-changing world, individuals and organizations need adaptability, agility, and resilience. SumTotal aims to help develop these essential skills through powering a journey of learning and people development that is curated, compliant, predictive and generates measurable outcomes.
SumTotal states learning-centered talent development is the heart of HR and HR Technology and that now, more than ever, building a culture of learning is critical to growth and business sustainability. SumTotal provides a unified Talent Development suite delivering measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. The solution delivers the following modules:
- SumTotal Learning Management
- SumTotal Recruiting
- SumTotal Onboarding
- SumTotal Performance
- SumTotal Succession
- SumTotal Compensation
SumTotal works in partnership with users to configure a solution that matches customers' unique needs and processes for learning and talent management, with satisfaction and business success as the primary objective.
SumTotal brings a team of dedicated customer success, support and professional services experts to help users achieve their learning and talent development goals; they state they aim to be a true partner to help organizations thrive in a changing business landscape.
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages||English (US), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, French (Canada), German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||75%|
- Assign complete learning plans to users so they don't have to spend time searching for courses.
- Export learner's transcripts so managers can easily see their employee's progress.
- Embed Social Media feeds that are relevant to their business.
- I don't think we can build courses using Maestro. We rely strictly on third party software for course development.
- Creating custom reports can be challenging.
- Since we have to manage our total number of monthly active users, many of our manager's accounts go inactive. Once they're inactive, they stop receiving any notifications from their employee's course completions.
- The user interface is dated looking. Many of the newer LMSs have more of a Windows 8 look and feel, which is what newer users are wanting.
- We don't measure ROI with Maestro, but mostly provide it as a service/benefit to our network.
- Based on owner feedback, we know that it helps them manage their time so that the new employee can take their required courses and then put that new knowledge to work. This allows for owners/managers to spend their time on other things and focus on the most critical issues with their new employees.
- On-boarding new employees
- Continuous development for existing employees
- Assign complete learning plans to employees so they don't have to search for individual courses relevant to their position.
- Automatic course assignments based on user role.
- Easily customizable notifications
- TMU tool allows for quick mass uploads
- Configurable front end
- JasperSoft Reporting - it is difficult to use and manage.
- Exams could be more robust. Offering alternate types of questions.
- Too many clicks on the administrator side. Adding new activities is not intuitive, you need to click through each section to determine what needs to be entered where. Would be better if it was guided for new activities, just prompting for 'required' fields.
- Having all training/learning records in one tool allows users to have their record follow them when they move in the business. This reduces the need for retraining and time spent on data entry.
- It allows for simulations to address complex scenarios in the healthcare setting.
- We can quickly review reports to see completion rate of an activity.
- We have empowered our upper managment to utilize the tracking functionality to have quicker compliance on education modules.
- Staff would like to see the links of assigned training to allow users to launch into an activity
- Offer more reports within the programs so users dont have to make their own
- Consistent educational approach
- Allows end users more acceptable means of receiving the education
- Tracks completion rate
- SumTotal has a very user friendly design, making it easy for non-programmers to configure their LMS interface, customize various environments for different groups, and to integrate numerous external web applications through iFraming, such as social media or news feeds. I was able to configure a custom environment for several different clients, making it feel like their own LMS, such as a custom color scheme and logos, custom widgets (which are section of any page), news feeds, training messages, and custom learning plans.
- SumTotal can not yet support media-rich mobile learning. Our eLearning design use instructional video, text, interactions, pop-ups with course resources and other information, etc... The SumTotal mobile capability right now does not support our design; ie our pop-ups won't pop-up, even those that simply open a PDF or document, and non of the hyperlinks will work.
- The ROI has been positive, and we are able to train more of our clients than ever before.
- Curriculum development
- Calendar view
- Usability- launching activites
- Look and feel could be more appealing
- Audience management/integration could be improved
- ROI, saved on travel cost
- Onboarding, helped streamline program
- Usability was a challenge for our community