https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGSpotfire offers flexibility and continues to provide valuable enhancementsMy organization uses TIBCO Spotfire to create visualizations for customers using our software.,Visualizations can be created in a reasonable amount of time. Customers can create their own unique visualizations. Visualizations can be shared with other users.,Our analysis is made up of multiple DXPs. It would be nice if there was an easy way to set a date filter and have it apply to all DXPs. It can be updated on one DXP and shared to the others so customers do not have to constantly change the date. The same applies to filters, but need to have an indicator if a filter is being applied. Very difficult to trouble shoot when I have an issue. Probably will get better the more experience I get with using Spotfire. Enhance the Print (Export to HTML) like the Export to PDF was enhanced.,7,Team Foundation Server, HP UFT, Microsoft SQL Server,In-person trainingEfficiency and Analytical Powerhouse in One ToolSpotfire is used by several technical teams and across all asset divisions to quickly and efficiently conduct data analysis and visualizations.,The speed with which the tool can be used to create presentation-grade visuals. Quickly being able to provide insight and derive correlations from large data sets while being able to filter/manipulate data on the fly. Providing a spatial to graphical interface.,I think from my team's perspective, trying to find a better means of data storage has been a major issue. Creating databases that include all necessary data yet don't slow the application down so much that it is essentially unusable has been a challenge.,9,ArcGIS and Microsoft Excel,ArcGIS,In-person training,9We use SpotfireWe are using Spotfire to create a product for our customers that gives them insight into their business operations, on both the clinical and financial perspective. Our use-case is different, because we create and deliver generic dashboards; then when the customer logs in, the information link obtains the data specific to that customer, based on their login. This prevents the wrong customer seeing the wrong data. Given our use-case, I'm not convinced that Spotfire was the right choice as a solution, but we have been able to make it work and I have been impressed with the functionality and flexibility that Spotfire provides.,Flexibility - the ability to modify the HTML of text areas and the use of JavaScript and Iron Python Visualization - the number of options available,Lack of QA of documentation. Sometimes, the documentation appears to have been written by an engineer, without the end user in mind. Steps are assumed/missing so it makes it difficult to follow and frustrating.,6,,In-person trainingGreat product with more great potential!Spotfire is a great tool. I didn't use it in my previous role, but I started using it almost 3 years ago when I moved into my current role. All the teams in this organization heavily rely on Spotfire on a daily basis and, from what I hear, it is spreading to more of the organization. We use it from production analysis to research projects.,I love that we can connect it straight to our database so that the data is continuously updated. I have used Spotfire to automate some of my repetitive weekly responsibilities and it has given me hours back in my week. There are so many functions that Spotfire can do that I haven't even been able to learn all of them. There are endless possibilities.,I wish that there was a way to put a background color to the visualizations. I take screen shots and put them in reports, but it's white on white which doesn't make for a very interesting report. I have tried to do an automated weekly email of visualizations that I put on a report, but I have to open the report and take screen shots because they don't have the same formatting when it comes in the email. Disappointing when you spend a lot of time getting the formatting just right. I wish that there were stacked area charts. That is the only visualization that I have wished to use and been unable to.,9,,SAP Business Objects Data Quality Management,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,I would not recommend this to others unless they have the time to use Google for discussion boards and YouTube. There are a lot of moving parts in different areas that I think would be difficult and slow going if they had no training. I do believe though that if someone had a basic knowledge of the functionality, then they could then go to self taught to fill in gaps here and there as they expand their skills.Spotfire is an exceptional new analytics toolCurrently Spotfire is being used by the Global Sourcing organization with the aim of it being expanded throughout the organization. If it becomes popular enough, it will likely be implemented throughout the company on a more holistic basis. It is used currently for analysis, reporting and strategizing as far as indirect procurement.,Easily reads in multiple data formats GUI to alter and customize visualizations is user friendly Having the data cached in memory makes the application very fast,Integration with external data analysis tools/languages like R and Python Predictive analytics features like decision trees and Bayesian networks Ability to set up data pipelines to Hadoop clusters,9,,SAP HANA,Online training,8
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews

TIBCO Spotfire
Top Rated Award
Filter 491 vetted TIBCO Spotfire reviews and ratings
Melissa Heil profile photo
October 31, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire offers flexibility and continues to provide valuable enhancements"

• Visualizations can be created in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Customers can create their own unique visualizations.
  • Visualizations can be shared with other users.
  • Our analysis is made up of multiple DXPs. It would be nice if there was an easy way to set a date filter and have it apply to all DXPs. It can be updated on one DXP and shared to the others so customers do not have to constantly change the date. The same applies to filters, but need to have an indicator if a filter is being applied.
  • Very difficult to trouble shoot when I have an issue. Probably will get better the more experience I get with using Spotfire.
  • Enhance the Print (Export to HTML) like the Export to PDF was enhanced.
Spotfire is well suited to report data that is in a data warehouse. Spotfire has not been easy to learn. Education was presented, but I do not believe there are enough examples to fix everyone's use.
Read Melissa Heil's full review
John Michael Callen profile photo
October 31, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Efficiency and Analytical Powerhouse in One Tool"

• The speed with which the tool can be used to create presentation-grade visuals.
  • Quickly being able to provide insight and derive correlations from large data sets while being able to filter/manipulate data on the fly.
  • Providing a spatial to graphical interface.
  • I think from my team's perspective, trying to find a better means of data storage has been a major issue. Creating databases that include all necessary data yet don't slow the application down so much that it is essentially unusable has been a challenge.
The ease with which one can quickly create visuals for presentations has been one of the biggest strong points in my experience.
Read John Michael Callen's full review
Tracey Gray profile photo
October 30, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "We use Spotfire"

• Flexibility - the ability to modify the HTML of text areas and the use of JavaScript and Iron Python
  • Visualization - the number of options available
  • Lack of QA of documentation. Sometimes, the documentation appears to have been written by an engineer, without the end user in mind. Steps are assumed/missing so it makes it difficult to follow and frustrating.
We are deploying generic visualizations so that the data that is shown is based on the customer's login information rather than deploying a Spotfire environment for each customer. As stated previously, Spotfire does not appear to be well suited for this use case; we've been able to make it work, but there are other products that may have a more straight-forward approach. However, if we had a single-threaded approach where we were deploying visualizations for one data warehouse, Spotfire appears to be well-suited for that approach.
Read Tracey Gray's full review
Kirk Ashdown profile photo
October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Great product with more great potential!"

• I love that we can connect it straight to our database so that the data is continuously updated.
  • I have used Spotfire to automate some of my repetitive weekly responsibilities and it has given me hours back in my week.
  • There are so many functions that Spotfire can do that I haven't even been able to learn all of them. There are endless possibilities.
  • I wish that there was a way to put a background color to the visualizations. I take screen shots and put them in reports, but it's white on white which doesn't make for a very interesting report.
  • I have tried to do an automated weekly email of visualizations that I put on a report, but I have to open the report and take screen shots because they don't have the same formatting when it comes in the email. Disappointing when you spend a lot of time getting the formatting just right.
  • I wish that there were stacked area charts. That is the only visualization that I have wished to use and been unable to.
We have a database with everything from production to pressures and temperatures to item specific data which all links to Spotfire so that we can run analysis on just about anything, and it has helped us to see unthought of relationships, and change our processes to be more accurate and efficient. I have not found anywhere where it wasn't helpful.
Read Kirk Ashdown's full review
David Schuster profile photo
October 26, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire is an exceptional new analytics tool"

• Easily reads in multiple data formats
  • GUI to alter and customize visualizations is user friendly
  • Having the data cached in memory makes the application very fast
  • Integration with external data analysis tools/languages like R and Python
  • Predictive analytics features like decision trees and Bayesian networks
  • Ability to set up data pipelines to Hadoop clusters
I think that this tool is currently the best on the market for descriptive analytics and reporting. It is exceptionally user-friendly and intuitive when it comes to customizing visualizations and managing data inputs. I would like to see it used in more advanced analytics applications utilizing R and Python with compatibility with Hadoop clusters.
Read David Schuster's full review
Ross Pate, PMP profile photo
October 26, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "1st Year of Spotfire"

We use it for both ad-hoc analysis and for creating dashboards that are used at various levels.
  • Pulls in data from a variety of sources
  • Quick and nice looking visualizations
  • Filtering and slicing up data to see different metrics
  • Limited variety of specializations
  • Limited ability to set some preferences (lines on tables, how labels appear, etc.)
  • Some features are buried in non-intuitive places
Excellent for visualizations and analysis.
Read Ross Pate, PMP's full review
Jose Leviaguirre profile photo
October 09, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire from a developer's perspective."

• Spotfire is an analytical tool more than a reporting tool. It is highly customizable via its API but it has enough out-of-the-box features to get the job done.
  • It does some data management, but it is recommended to have the backend data clean and in place for great and reliable output. It has many statistical functions so adding columns on the fly is a breeze.
  • Spotfire is referred to within the analytics community as "Excel on steroids".
  • It is a great tool for highly interactive visualizations and drill down.
  • Many features are hidden and hard to find, but like the new version of MS Office with the ribbon replacing menus and toolbars, it's all about experience and learning the interface.
Spotfire is not just a tool. It's a Framework. The product is highly customizable. As a .NET product, it can be easily customized using either the .NET framework or IronPython. R is also easily integrated for statistical computational features that require more than the out of the box functionality.
Spotfire analytical nature makes it easy to plot interactive data on a map. It is flexible enough to have different map layers and WMS (Web Map Service) besides the out of the box google-like map. If this is not enough, you can use your own custom images on top to plot other than geographical data, not to mention that it supports Shape Files making the map visualization powerful and flexible. It's like having a mini GIS system within Spotfire without having to install any additional extensions, drivers or plugins. I gave it a nine because there is always room for improvement.
Read Jose Leviaguirre's full review
Gabriel Ortiz profile photo
August 18, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Love the Spotfire."

We are using the TIBCO Spotfire Platform in support of several of our government customers. One customer already had the software available and we showed them how they could use it effectively, while another customer is only using the software because we recommended it. We use it to help the customer see and explore their data in different ways. This software will help our customers make decisions that will affect their entire organizations.
  • It is fast to go from data to visualizations, whether you are using the Cloud Work Group environment or the full Spotfire Server implementation.
  • The visualizations are easy to configure and generally can explain the same data in different ways, which is appealing.
  • Being able to mashup different disparate data sources has been the saving grace for us. We don't need to house the same data in a single database. We can pull what we need from each to create a useful decision support visualization.
  • Scripting support is lacking in documentation and features.
  • More charting types and integration with things like D3.js.
  • More control over the underlying HTML, CSS and JavaScript would be fantastic. Customers want this integrated into their existing sites.
The Cloud Workgroup Environment would be sufficient if it offered the same features as the full server but still hosted and managed by TIBCO. That would let me give you a 10 for this rating. Also the cost jump from a Cloud Work Group of 2K to a full server 100K is steep.
The visualization has a ton of customization for placements of data charts and data interconnections visually which is really cool.
Read Gabriel Ortiz's full review
Razvan Bulgariu profile photo
August 03, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Best tool on the market for data mining and data analysis!"

Currently I am in progress of implementing the TIBCO globally in OMV E&P due to the fact that the product brings flexibility in visualization and data mining. The product will be used to create visualizations/analysis which will support decision makers to make the right decision at the right time. It adresses the entire OMV E&P investment portfolio.
  • Main strengths are easy configurable graphs/visualizations
  • Fast filtering and accessible data mining
  • Easy deployment on web for users' access
  • Easy configurable user access levels
  • Preconfigured creaming curves graphs (at the moment you need to build several formulas in order to build such a graph)
  • Preconfigured waterfall graphs
  • Drill up and down functionalities on all graphs allowing the user to drill from one tab to the other (currently partially available)
Data mining and Analytics, Dashboarding is perfectly fitted.
Less Appropriate in building graphs which are not pre-build into the tool (e.g. Waterfall graphs, creaming curves...).Drill down graphs/tabs.
The possibility of importing coordinates from GIS system/also using TIBCO coordinates and existing maps in coordination of multi layer Graphs possibility creates a comprehensive message to the user (e.g. possibility of creating exploration blocks on maps and link them with the data behind..).
Read Razvan Bulgariu's full review
Rajesh Rampilla profile photo
November 03, 2017

Review: "Tibco Spotfire is the best product I've ever used"

It is being used for reporting purposes by reporting team. it addresses several business problems like crunching numbers and making sense with the data easily and in a better way
  • crunching numbers
  • calculations
  • customization
  • printing option is currently missing and the reports through spotfire are not printer friendly
  • instead of using code for customization, we would like to see easy to use built in functions and drag and drop interface for performing difficult tasks
  • exporting to different sources without losing the formatting
we, at our organization specifically use it for finance data like budgeting and looking at month end stuff. It is well suited for reporting on large amounts of data and also for showing trends and forecasting the data and the main reason for us to use this tool is the user has all the power to slice and dice data however they want the report to be generated. it is not appropriate for printing the reports but then again by doing some manual configurations one can also solve this printing issue by properly formatting while the reports are under development.
Read Rajesh Rampilla's full review
Giorgio Dal Checco profile photo
November 01, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire: "Spotfire Review"

TIBCO is being used to implement BI solutions for our clients working across departments. It allows us to show every KPI of interest coming from different source systems.
  • It allows us to access data from different source systems.
  • It gives the user the possibility to access different analysis from a single access point.
  • Spotfire needs to be more customizable.
  • Labels are not resizable and often don't show in charts.
  • JavaScript is not fully supported.
It is not good when you need custom visualizations.
Read Giorgio Dal Checco's full review
Dr Manan Trivedi profile photo
October 31, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "getting insight to make decisions"

In R&D we have different departments, and we use Spotfire for our studies in the electronic Trial Master file (eTMF) department to see the cleanliness and completeness of eTMFs. We also use it to measure progress towards KPIs and targets, and to prioritize actions.
  • It's very easy to filter data you want, and what you want to see
  • Lot of visualization options
  • It's very fast
  • enabling various scripts like Python etc should be a built-in feature of Spotfire
It is well suited when you want to present visual data to management, and i would say also to end users because of details on demand and raw data.
Read Dr Manan Trivedi's full review
Aditya Singh profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "TIBCO Spotfire - One of the best BI and Analytical tool"

We are currently using TIBCO Spotfire in life sciences, energy, banking and retail domain and it has always given the best results to the business users.
  • Data Loading from multiple datasources and data connectors especially Information Links.
  • Drill Down, Sharing and collaborating analysis.
  • Support to IronPython, Statistical programming like R-Script, S+, MATLAB and analytical cababilities
  • GeoMapping - WMS layes, TMS Layers, Recommendation Engine, Theme based dashboarding
  • User Interface can be improved.
  • Scope to add new charts like area chart, bubble chart.
TIBCO Spotfire is one of the best suitable product available in the market which is being used in all the functional areas addressing all the queries. This will help you to find the hidden information from your data.
Spotfire gives a very rich and interactive interface for Map Chart using different types of mapping layers like WMS(Web Map Service) and recently included TMS(Tile Map Service). These helps to bring different types of background layers on the existing map chart for any region to show relevant information to the users.
Read Aditya Singh's full review
Luca de Falco profile photo
October 30, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire-land"

Tibco Spotfire was used by analytic team to give end users the capability to compare the performance of the healthcare system at a district level, subdistrict level and facility level.
End users were able to analyze the different programs/activities used in their healthcare system having an immediate feedback, with data continuously updated.
The solution implemented helped to improve the quality standards.
  • Geocoding features
  • R integration based on an enterprise engine (TERR)
  • Data Wrangling
  • Look & feel
Tibco Spotifre is one of the best tools for data discovery and data wrangling.
Predictive analysis can be integrated inside a dashboard to have information continuously updated and get more insights.
Read Luca de Falco's full review
Luc van der Linden profile photo
October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Luc"

We are using TIBCO SpotFire for technical semiconductor analysis and for high avenged analysis company wide.
  • Their strength is in their flexibility
  • TIBCO SpotFire has a very nice full color presentations
  • It's fast
  • It doesn't know engineering's format. Like pico, nano, Kilo, Giga ect
  • It can't calculate with binary data (Octal, Hex ect) . SF knows only the decimal range.

We need to always make a translation to our technical semiconductor work.

Read Luc van der Linden's full review
Binod Maharjan profile photo
October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Tibco lets me get my job done."

TIBCO Spotfire is used across my organization for data visualization and, I believe, very little for data analytics purposes. TIBCO Spotfire makes it easy to tell a story behind the messy data in a much cleaner and more understandable way, through its great visualization graphs and charts which are very responsive to any data changes.
  • Data visualization through a variety of charts and graphs.
  • Data updates, data drill-down and data selections
  • Web-based report sharing is very cool
  • Using JavaScripts/R scripts is not very easy or intuitive.
  • Analytical full statistical functionality such as linear/non-linear regression, factor analysis, PCA, etc. could be more valuable.

Well suited for business presentations, data extraction, transformation, loading, etc.

Not well suited for data modeling.

Read Binod Maharjan's full review
Mohamed Madar Khan profile photo
October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "BI"

We use TIBCO Spotfire as a workplace standard where every employee in our department is using it daily for their routine. It meets our needs around visualization and decision making.
  • I like Spotfire for mostly unsupervised learning.
  • We can easily build up charts and insights without applying stats of the data.
  • In simple terms, " Spotfire is what - Technology overcome Strategy".
  • It cant be edited by the end user in web application part.
  • Dynamic Scripting for visualization is missing part.
  • Focusing more on the Statistics building algorithm part will be more useful.
Spotfire plays a major role in understanding the data and is less suited for model building.
Read Mohamed Madar Khan's full review
Marco Teodori profile photo
October 26, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Get certification"

Tibco Spotfire is used in my company for different clients (energy mostly at the moment) and to develop business for other companies. It's focused on geo-localization data for the client. We use Tibco Spotfire to monitor the activity of the customers and we help the users to be confident with this tool in self-service BI scenarios.
  • Geo-localization is one of the strengths of this tool.
  • Easy to use.
  • Dashboard always available (linked to the source or embedded)
  • It is not possibile to load XML files.
  • In pie chart should be easier to set the category grouped as "Others".
  • It would be helpful to insert a "fuel/liquid" chart to show the percentage of total as liquid.
It is very appropriate to the scenario in which I am working with it: Geo-localization of the data and in monitoring user needs.

I don't think it's very appropriate for a scenario of big data and large amount of data. Maybe it would be a little bit slow compared to others BI tools.
Read Marco Teodori's full review
Michael Cares profile photo
June 30, 2017

User Review: "TIBCO Spotfire is outstanding"

Spotfire is used in the whole organization for every kind of analysis (from sales to supply) and replaced all other solutions we had.
  • Predictive Analytics for trading and pricing
  • Visual Analytics
  • OLAP
  • More visual alternatives
[It's] Very good at visualizing large sets of data. We continue to be amazed at the speed of the application and reliability though. We have had no outages, although we had several release updates. Enterprise functionality is very good (e.g. templates for CI). Data cleaning and transformation ability is good. The web client could have more features and Active Directory Integration could be improved.

Read Michael Cares's full review
Kenneth Dcouto profile photo
October 05, 2017

User Review: "Tibco Spotfire - Analytical Tool"

• We are an energy consulting firm and we use Tibco Spotfire to analyze streams of real-time energy trading data for deal analytics, forecasting and risk management.
  • Spotfire is an amazing analytical tool which will help you pick up data from multiple databases and spreadsheets and create graphical and analytical diagrams that will help businesses in several ways to understand their systems throughput, number of exceptions, etc.
  • One of the big advantages offered by the product is real-time analysis. There is no time lag between availability of trading data and analysis. The systems allows us to analyze large amounts of trading data in real-time.
  • It is restricted to input from databases and spreadsheets
TIBCO spotfire offers a very clean geo map which is easy to use and great to work with.
Read Kenneth Dcouto's full review
October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Visual smorgasbord - feel like you're a savvy tech startup without the Seattle prices."

It is used across the whole organization. Our department uses it primarily for productivity reports and for auditing purposes. Our transportation department uses it for real time reports that support transportation decisions and to track key areas. The accounting department uses it to track staff productivity and as an auditing tool. It gives clear visibility to the end users in our department on various issues.
  • On demand visualization with deep customization options.
  • User friendly report builder that allows for novice users to build dashboards.
  • Modern UI that produces usable reports relevant to the data.
  • Difficult to easily join 3+ tables without inputting SQL.
  • Strange limitations on pivot tables; Ex: Hard to rename columns on pivot table to customize for the end user.
  • Limitations on filtering for something not based on the data set. Ex: If I have 50k rows and want to filter a specific number range, it pulls that range from the data set rather than allowing manual input. This can cause performance issues with large data sets.

I would say that it is well suited for users who want standardized reports with strong on demand visualizations. If you department has any report the end user receives and reviews in a standard format, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better suited program. There is a host of extended features and settings that allow for savvy users to dig deep and analyze a consistently changing dataset. Even though extensive customization is available, the UI is intuitive and user friendly enough to allow for non IT members to create engaging reports.

I believe it would be less appropriate for reports that are consistently tweaked/changed/altered by the end user, or for 'ad hoc' reporting. There is a learning curve to creating reports that end users may not have (this is company/department specific). If your department consistently pulls in 100k + records and applies filters after (which is not really the appropriate use of BI - but it happens), then Spotfire would likely not meet your needs.

October 27, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire-- freedom to "play" with data and visualizations"

Spotfire is currently only used by my department. We are using the software to bring in data from all of our assets, sort through the data, and create summaries about machinery running conditions. With the ability to compare parameters between similar pieces of equipment, my department can assess equipment health and drive future capital prioritization.
  • Spotfire gives you the ability to toggle between different visualizations easily, which helps the user see the data in new ways.
  • Spotfire is a great tool for bringing in huge amounts of data and summarizing it in an easy way. I particularly like the tool's ability to un-pivot tables, which makes it easier to bring in data from sources that would typically need to be re-formatted.
  • Spotfire allows you to trellis visualizations, which is an easy way to report the same type of metric for several distinct groups. For example, it's easy to pull engine utilization by month for every station, and generate a large report which this information, within a few clicks.
  • Sometimes the filtering schemes are confusing when moving from tab to tab within the program.
  • It can be difficult to format everything to be presentable for the printable format. It's completely do-able to do this formatting, but it's not completely intuitive.
  • I wish Spotfire had the ability to trellis data tables, so you could show the same information for different groups.
Spotfire is well suited for huge data sets with several variables. It's also a fantastic tool for creating visualizations and analyzing data in a creative way. It is less appropriate for small data sets, in which a quick Excel analysis can get you all of the information you would need (simple min, max, average values, etc).
October 26, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Handly Tool for Data Visualization and Analysis"

We have been using TIBCO Spotfire quite extensively in our company to address the data analytics and visualization needs. Primarily it has come across as a handy tool across the department to represent data in a more easy and reliable way. We use it to run some very quick analysis on huge data sets.
  • Getting data through multiple modes is one of the key strengths of TIBCO Spotfire.
  • Embedded option to code analysis through R/python/SQl makes the tool quite useful and handy.
  • Geographical tagging is also quite useful & unique.
  • Some easy to use features is missing and/or unhighlighted.
Well Suited -

• For handling huge amount of data sets, it can handle this quite easily
  • For in-depth analysis, through multiple graphs / charts / tables.
  • For creating detailed visualizationa, so as to showcase only relevant data sets / graphs
  • For quick run-through analysis
  • To embed analysis through multiple data sources - may it be a file or an information link
November 02, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful but needs to be prettier"

The tool is being used in my department to show market trends in the commercial aviation space. This helps us look for emerging trends in the market that we may not be aware of.
  • The tool handles large data sets very well with its caching ability
  • The tool can export large sets of data for further analysis by our subject matter experts
  • The tool loads and saves work in the developer tool relatively fast
  • The tool does not have a very friendly user interface for development.
  • The tool does not allow you to customize the UI of the analytics very easily to use your own font, style, color, etc.
  • The tool cannot do some things that other tools, like Wave or Tabluea can. Drill down capability isn't always intuitive.
Well suited for multiple data sets and large tables. Also, if you need to implement calculated columns or add control chart lines easily. This tool works well for those.
November 01, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Enhancing Spotfire Capabilities"

It is predominately used for signal decision for regulator needs (GPVE) and for medical monitoring for Clinical Review for early assets and registration of new compounds.
It addresses the need for exploration of clinical data for early dose adjustment, early signal of unexpected AE's, issues related treatment and dose response/non-response etc.

It allows us to quickly take a look at what-if scenarios, and closing drill down subject, and perform 360 degree reviews.
  • Graphs are rendered perfectly
  • Very customizable
  • User friendly
  • Share the results across the group very effectively
  • Data Loading capability instead of one dataset at a time
  • Horizontal box plot with data points overlay able
  • Filter Organization to be collapsed as default
  • Radar plot, traffic light, area graph
  • Should be able to use any variable from any dataset effortlessly on X-axis and Y-axis
  • Able to create an answer set or specific dataset from different datasets available for a specific exploration.
Well suited for: Dynamic interaction with the live data and bookmarking and tagging for future review. Can go back on dates of review on the fly. Show only relevant data as needed. Very strong admin and security model.

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (178)
Report Formatting Templates (154)
Drill-down analysis (177)
Formatting capabilities (185)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (135)
Report sharing and collaboration (167)
Publish to Web (139)
Publish to PDF (161)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (103)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (188)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (168)
Predictive Analytics (144)
Multi-User Support (named login) (149)
Role-Based Security Model (125)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (139)
Responsive Design for Web Access (110)
Dedicated iOS Application (75)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
4.0
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (90)
REST API (26)
6.6
Javascript API (26)
6.6
iFrames (18)
6.4
Java API (21)
6.3
Themeable User Interface (UI) (27)
6.7
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (20)
6.3

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.

TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.

Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureSmart Recommendations for Visualizations
Has featureConnectors: OData, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Attivio
Has featureEmbedded R Runtime Engine
Has featureK-Means Clustering, Holt-Winters Forecasting, Line Similarity
Has featureMulti-Layer Map Charts and Support for Shape Files

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly$200Per Month, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual$2,000Per Year, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options