Best of breed hosting solution
February 20, 2017
Best of breed hosting solution
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Armor Complete
Approximately 50% of all messages we receive are automated. Either that an agent will be assigned, has been assigned, or a ticket is closed. I'd like to see more 'real' interaction, and less box ticking, though I appreciate process has to be followed. That's the one point off. Everything else is very good.
We use armor complete to service and manage our SaaS based infrastructure. It allows us to rapidly upscale servers, spin down unnecessary boxes, and generally respond to market demand far quicker and more cost effectively than we could with our own physical kit. We use Armor WAF and SSAE-16 services to secure our client data to a standard that we could not meet independently.
- 24/7 response via ticketing system gives us peace of mind that we can get the expert eyes we need when we need them.
- Monitoring of server and resource utilisation allows us to spot and respond to requirements quickly.
- Threat detection and monitoring of connections prior to connection means our servers are not spinning to meet malicious requests.
- Authentication and access against the secure messaging portal is overkill when the response I'm logging in to see merely says, "yes, we have your message. An agent will respond shortly". There should be an option to receive updates like this through email.
- The online portal that allows us to clone servers is very slow to respond. More than once I've spun up an additional server due to the lack of visual feedback on the initial request.
- The web application firewall does not seem to be sophisticated enough to differentiate between logged in administrators and end users. We use a CMS system which allows admins to create scripts. These often get barred by the WAF even though they are not malicious.
Yes. We need to be SSAE-16 compliant to handle consumer data. My organisation has achieved this via its use of Armor Complete. We are frequently sent through application security assessments and infrastructure reviews by clients with teams that are a hundred fold bigger than our entire IT base. With Armor Complete, we can provide answers, documentation, and assure our clients that their data is in expert care.
We originally used Firehost (who became Armor) and before that, alternate hosting companies such as Navisite and Rackspace. Our days were fraught with bad experiences and we often found solutions almost impossible to uncover. Security operations and hosting were a major drain on resource and time, and compare extremely poorly against the results we get with armor.
9. In the rare instances that we see any form of incident, it has usually been resolved before my company are even aware of the issue. Firehost drew up an escalation procedure which armor have honoured, and which sees us very rarely engaged on these issues. I would like to have armor be slightly more pro-active, perhaps, as although we see the tickets cleared quickly, there are a few repeat items that would seem avoidable if armor would look into the causes.
If you need a low cost, high availability, secure and reliable infrastructure, Armor Complete is the way to go. For smaller companies, knowing that you have a dedicated team monitoring and standing by to address any hosting issues is a god send. Round the clock support means that even the smallest of units can be assured that someone will be eyes on. This literally lets us sleep at night.