Atlassian Confluence Review
January 23, 2018
Atlassian Confluence Review
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
Atlassian Confluence is being used as a knowledge base for our entire organization. The software enables our staff to share knowledge easily, across our different offices around the world. We have created different sections of the knowledge base, so each department has their own "area" if you will on the platform, where staff from each department can post relevant information company-wide. This avoids the redundancy of emails and creates a database of company information, as well as shared knowledge.
- Atlassian Confluence organizes documents well. This is a strength in my opinion as our staff can search for documentation easily.
- Atlassian Confluence also allows for various people to edit the same document. This helps with collaboration.
- Atlassian Confluence has many products that can plug into the Confluence platform. We have various products that all work together and enable different functionality for our users.
- Atlassian is not intuitive for the user. Several of our staff who have not received training on the platform find that it is not user-friendly.
- Posting on Atlassian can also take more time than expected due to the plethora of options available.
- Atlassian Confluence does not always look the same in different internet browsers. In talking with a co-worker, he told me it works best on Chrome. My computer has IE and Chrome, so I have to be sure I am using Chrome when I log into Confluence.
- Our company has gained visibility into projects as our consultants log their hours in Jira. This helps us generate P&Ls per project which has been very positive.
- Our company has gained the ability to share knowledge in an easy fashion. This is positive for our entire organization and facilitated the ease of knowledge transfer.
- Our company has gained the ability to work collaboratively on documents. This is positive as we have version control on documents.
Atlassian Confluence is a great choice for our company when compared to the 2 other knowledge base software services we have previously used. The software is more robust and has more plug-in services, such as Jira. This has been tremendously useful for us to gain visibility into project planning vs. actual hours logged. The other software platforms did not have this functionality.
Atlassian Confluence is well suited for a knowledge base, where an organization can post their important documents and allow for collaboration among colleagues. It is also very good for storing documentation and disseminating information. The platform might be less appropriate to store generic company documents or anything that is not proprietary.