July 03, 2019
Score 2 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bim360
- BIM 360 allows Revit models to be stored and collaborated on in the cloud.
- Bim360 is extremely unintuitive and frequently confusing to end users.
- There are multiple avenues of sharing and collaboration for models and information. The advantages/disadvantages of each and how to perform even the most basic of tasks requires extensive training and mentoring for even the most advanced of users.
- There are many enormous limitations and constraints to BIM 360 that are not immediately obvious and even contrary to published marketing materials and even product naming.
- Development cycles of the product are seemingly monthly, but incredibly minor. This makes the desperately-needed and glaringly obvious massive usability, capability, and performance improvements into deal-breakers and hair pulling events. Change cannot come fast enough.
- There are no integrations into Microsoft's Azure AD SSO or other 3rd party SSOs available for SMBs. This makes the provided MFA a huge headache for all SMBs.
- There are no integrations into the Microsoft 365 ecosystem for SharePoint/OneDrive or Outlook. This is desperately needed for most organizations using Bim360.
- It has had a positive impact in allowing us to collaborate on Revit models with other organizations.
- It has had a negative impact through reliability issues and performance limitations over years of use.
- It has had a negative impact through extensive testing over the years of use that determined that many advertised aspects of the product are horrifically lacking in robustness, performance, reliability, and usability.
Bim360 is an immature, oversold, and under-delivered product that is simply the only option available for collaboration when you are locked into the Autodesk Revit ecosystem. SharePoint Online, Dropbox Business, and other cloud file management and sharing solutions show you the potential of clouds when they are implemented and deployed correctly, and directly contrasts with the present state of the BIM 360 platform.